[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

What do you think for using this staff
Sorry if this has been asked before, I have a question about EE and Abyssal Jewels.

If the jewel has minions do +X to X cold damage does that mess EE up?

I saw that the guide said not to get +cold damage on weapons, wondering if that applies to jewels as well.

Edit: So the way I think it works is that I hit with lightning using brand, which causes mobs to take extra fire and cold due to EE. So adding cold, or any other type of damage to minions should not matter because EE is only proced by me, not minions. Right?
Last edited by JohnnyZampano on Apr 20, 2021, 1:02:29 PM
"
JohnnyZampano wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before, I have a question about EE and Abyssal Jewels.

If the jewel has minions do +X to X cold damage does that mess EE up?

I saw that the guide said not to get +cold damage on weapons, wondering if that applies to jewels as well.

Edit: So the way I think it works is that I hit with lightning using brand, which causes mobs to take extra fire and cold due to EE. So adding cold, or any other type of damage to minions should not matter because EE is only proced by me, not minions. Right?

yes, right.
Last edited by Valkire^^ on Apr 20, 2021, 1:58:39 PM
"
Penecho83 wrote:
I have a question regarding EE.

Since we are getting a mix of Skeleton Mages (Lightning/Fire/Cold), and we (or at least I) summon the mages first, since they shoot screenwide and the Storm brand later, how dows the game decide that Stormbrand is the one the enemies get +25% resistances?

EE is only applied if your SB actually hits something. So during normal mapping your mages kill mobs quicker than SB can hit them. Which is why i only really use it on bosses and such.
"
Hoya63 wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
Couple of things I want to tweak/add in I think without totally changing build or getting much more expensive.

- Get an additional curse somehow and run snipers mark. Either just self cast or add to trigger wand (Not ideal with cooldown, but lazy)
- Put signal prey in skele links. Sometimes we want to force fire nasty mobs. With Snipers mark it will also wipe out any trash nearby.
- Add in a cluster jewel. Will leave till I can roll/buy a good large cluster.

Elemental weakness does nothing if you are using fleshcrafter (unless your skeletons have lost all their es). Not seeing how you are applying 2 curses anyway?

Yeah, marks are a little clunky, would be nice if they prioritised the highest rarity or highest hp mob. But it's a ton of damage when you can apply it. Getting dual curse is the issue, woke hextouch is the best but most expensive way!

I’m running two curses using hex touch and Profane Proxy. With the resistances on PP I’m able to maintain full resistances. Elemental Weakness is mandatory. Right now I run it on the PP. The skitterbot applies it everywhere. The additional benefit of the skitterbot application is that the monsters are extremely easy to see when they’re cursed.

The second curse, only applied when I cast through hex touch via storm brand is enfeeble in a search for damage mitigation, although I’m open for better suggestions. The issue I see with sniper’s mark is it’s singularity and lasting on the one character till it dies. It would be useful if you could tag the boss first and forego using storm brand until you get a clear shot, which delays the application of EE. If you’re using the Fleshcrafter armor, you don’t need the EE cast, which makes snipers mark a more selective option depending on your casting skill. I’ve got a 6 socket Fleshcrafter, which I’m trying to link lacking the currency to buy one fully linked.
I don't quite understand how some of you are so tanky. Maybe it's because I haven't finished Uber lab yet, but holy cruds I feel like a giant pile of squish despite having max resistances and many of the other defensive nodes.
"
I don't quite understand how some of you are so tanky. Maybe it's because I haven't finished Uber lab yet, but holy cruds I feel like a giant pile of squish despite having max resistances and many of the other defensive nodes.

Uber lab is one. Can’t see your character. When you anoint death attunement and back out of it you gain 7 passive points
which depending on how you apply them helps a lot in “tankiness”.

What's a good shield for this build? I am getting my ass handed to me at every single Ultimatum after L55.

Or any other tips? Best flask rotation? The mobs are too much and I'm pressing every single button I have. :)

No other mob or boss gives me any trouble at all.

Fun build. Breezing thru content, almost L91. Once you get Breathstealer, a Rumi's and L21 Bone Offering you can steamroll almost anything.

I prefer using Arc with hextouch/ele weakness. I know the range isn't as good as storm brand. But it feels great watching it chain thru Ultimatums and Delve. Brands have a 'flat' feeling for some reason. You can feel Arc though XD Makes it much more satisfying.
"

I feel I am kinda squishy too but I also feel my mages are not putting enough dps. Maybe I need to get more damage. I'm using fleshcrafter but I think lionseyes vision with EE and ele weakness is much better regarding damage. Trying to save for the transition.
Last edited by felipesallum on Apr 20, 2021, 7:24:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info