[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
diablomix wrote:
Fun build. Breezing thru content, almost L91. Once you get Breathstealer, a Rumi's and L21 Bone Offering you can steamroll almost anything.

I prefer using Arc with hextouch/ele weakness. I know the range isn't as good as storm brand. But it feels great watching it chain thru Ultimatums and Delve. Brands have a 'flat' feeling for some reason. You can feel Arc though XD Makes it much more satisfying.

Breathstealer actually going up from 2.5ex to 3ex across the board. I'm so pissed. Last league when I discovered that here, it was there for the taking. A couple of c.

Kinda behind this league. Just hit 60 and don't even have Dead Reckoning yet lol.

Just got a Rasa now that they came down to 10c or so. Got a Fortress Covenant so that helps!

Picking up the DR will help the DPS but the Defense is still super wacky with this league mechanic. I have been giving it a miss completely because it's instant death. I mean I don't even have my Vaal Skeletons yet :) whoever previewed this build boned us hard. 10c for Vaal Skellies, 13c for Dead Reckoning. Forget Breathstealer. Everything was a couple of c last time

It's not the end of the world and I'll get there and it's only day 5 or so.... but I'm kinda annoyed.

*edit*

most of my problems went away :)

Grabbed a Reckoning for 14c and upgraded some gear. Still light on the Ultimatum defense so I need to sort that out.
Last edited by FarVision on Apr 20, 2021, 8:51:09 PM
Hello guys, One quick question is where to ideally place a fortress covenant gem ? Thx.
Can this build do high level content like The Hidden, The Formed, Shaper, Elder etc...? I'm considering switching my build to this. Thank you!
If you want to build more defensively, there's the MOM+Agnostic variant Promaore and I have been rocking. It gets quite tanky without much added expense, can continue to scale very well with high investment. A drawback is less potential damage (you cut an aura) but it can still be taken all the way up to 100% deli.

"
Suroth wrote:
Hello guys, One quick question is where to ideally place a fortress covenant gem ? Thx.
Only place to put is in a cluster socket, where radius effects are disabled
Last edited by therealtoothman on Apr 21, 2021, 3:51:10 AM
Havent played a summoner in a long time and decided to start with this build, so far its absolutly amazing.

im still in early yellow maps, but ultimatums have been a joke mostly. If it gets more rippy in red maps I might take a look into the MoM/Agnostic variant.

Only change I did so far is using a profane proxy ring for elemental weakness because im lazy and dont want to cast Stormbrand, even though its weaker, but thats not a problem so far.
"
If you want to build more defensively, there's the MOM+Agnostic variant Promaore and I have been rocking. It gets quite tanky without much added expense, can continue to scale very well with high investment. A drawback is less potential damage (you cut an aura) but it can still be taken all the way up to 100% deli.

"
Suroth wrote:
Only place to put is in a cluster socket, where radius effects are disabled

Thanks for the answer. May I ask if the dps and clearspeed is good? Can you do guardians or have confident defeating them? Would Fleshcrafter be better in your setup?
hey there. Just to post my feelings about this build : LVL83 today, never have a smoothiest leveling experience with another build-and I played a lot since the last 3 years. Need these breathstealers, and a lvl 21 bone offering...anyway, with just a lvl21 9% vaal skele and dead reckoning, even with my crap gear (poor 6l chest, but capped resists) this build melt bosses like a charm. It really shines in ultimatums and blights. Really a great great build, you can feel the potential for further investment. Congrats OP!
I highly recomend the MoM+Agnostic variant, i been doing some testing... theres a lot of possible variants for this path, the defense layer is insane too.
How do you solve DEX lack problem guys?
Newb
"
How do you solve DEX lack problem guys?

adding the survival instincts jewel + a couple of crafts/or dex on some gear for me
Last edited by Menmaatra on Apr 21, 2021, 6:15:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info