[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Build is going well so far. Progressed slower than normal as having fun with ultimatums, and having trouble getting map progression, so lvl 83 at the moment.
No uber lab yet, scuffed gear, and not even sorted out CWDT/Flasks properly yet.

As mentioned, block is important for Ultimatums, get bone offering running asap at the least, and a shield helps. Might see if I can push block chance to not need glancing blows.

I want breathstealers, but a little pricey at the moment.
About this part:

"Also buy Summon Skitterbots from the vendor after Intruders in Black.
Link Skitterbots to Infernal Legion and Minion damage that you bought in act 1.

You will use Vitality and Skitterbots for a long time as your two auras.
With Infernal Legion, Skitterbots do an AMAZING amount of damage."

Aren't skitterbots supposed to be used if you use traps and mines?. I didn't see anything regarding traps and mines in the build guide (I'm act 2).

I mean, I summon them and have them with Infernal Legion and Minion Damage Support, but they do nothing unless you have traps and mines I guess, right?.

So I don't know what´s the point of using them, thx!.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like they do attack. I thought they were just for triggering traps / mines that I previously had to place.
Last edited by oskuro83 on Apr 19, 2021, 7:13:44 AM
"
oskuro83 wrote:
About this part:

"Also buy Summon Skitterbots from the vendor after Intruders in Black.
Link Skitterbots to Infernal Legion and Minion damage that you bought in act 1.

You will use Vitality and Skitterbots for a long time as your two auras.
With Infernal Legion, Skitterbots do an AMAZING amount of damage."

Aren't skitterbots supposed to be used if you use traps and mines?. I didn't see anything regarding traps and mines in the build guide (I'm act 2).

I mean, I summon them and have them with Infernal Legion and Minion Damage Support, but they do nothing unless you have traps and mines I guess, right?.

So I don't know what´s the point of using them, thx!.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like they do attack. I thought they were just for triggering traps / mines that I previously had to place.

The triggering traps and mines isn't a huge thing even for those builds. What they do is apply shock and chill which are very good dps and defensive buffs for the mana cost. When you link with infernal legion and damage supports they also do respectable amounts of damage themselves, even better for this build as we scale minion life and damage too.
Cool, first time playing following a build, so still learning every day :)

Thx!
Running the build in ultimatum for the first time. So far its amazing I just got 1 question.

I saw many ways to proc EE in comments. and everyone makes it diffrent way. some people use fire, some cold and some lightning.

Right now my gear and gems have none of added lighting/fire/cold to spells/attacks. because I dont have any spell/attacks which I use.

I am using Magma Eclipsis which give me tempest shield and its the only lightning damage I deal that can proc EE, eventually flame dash does it aswell but with fire...

Am I doing it very wrong or something? need help

EDIT: I use Fleshcrafter body armour. that means my skeles no matter what procs EE skip mob resistances and all 3 elements deal top dmg ?
Last edited by Arayas_BWP on Apr 19, 2021, 8:18:56 AM
"
Running the build in ultimatum for the first time. So far its amazing I just got 1 question.

I saw many ways to proc EE in comments. and everyone makes it diffrent way. some people use fire, some cold and some lightning.

Right now my gear and gems have none of added lighting/fire/cold to spells/attacks. because I dont have any spell/attacks which I use.

I am using Magma Eclipsis which give me tempest shield and its the only lightning damage I deal that can proc EE, eventually flame dash does it aswell but with fire...

Am I doing it very wrong or something? need help

EDIT: I use Fleshcrafter body armour. that means my skeles no matter what procs EE skip mob resistances and all 3 elements deal top dmg ?

If you are using fleshcrafter, EE does nothing (At least while your skeles have energy shield) you can just ignore it. I guess it might be worth keeping in for a single point in case your skeles have lost their ES, but basically, don't worry about it.
I was doing a quest, where I had to find/defeat 5 monsters, so they could be tamed.

I did 4/5 and then killed final boss and used portal (I entered Act 3, didn't know it) and I think I lost that quest, as it doesn't appear anymore.

Is there a way to do it or it´s just lost?.
"
oskuro83 wrote:

Is there a way to do it or it´s just lost?.

You can just continue on since its only a side mission which you can encounter randomly.
"
Carlovski wrote:
Build is going well so far. Progressed slower than normal as having fun with ultimatums, and having trouble getting map progression, so lvl 83 at the moment.
No uber lab yet, scuffed gear, and not even sorted out CWDT/Flasks properly yet.

As mentioned, block is important for Ultimatums, get bone offering running asap at the least, and a shield helps. Might see if I can push block chance to not need glancing blows.

I want breathstealers, but a little pricey at the moment.

fk me some streamer must have done a video about them. breathstealer at 3 ex now

Dead Reckoning down to 25c.

Tabula at 10c. Still high.

I guess day 3 or 4 is too early to have fixers get washed out. Unfortunate. I'm pretty sure I was way ahead with gear at this point the last league. :)

Oh well, back to getting through the Acts.
would midnight bargain engraved wand be a good wand to use or is it not necessary for this build? before I had a +25% minion damage wand, curious if the loss of health is worth the extra minions/damage? I have mage skellys fyi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info