[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

How is single target dps on skelli mages compared with melee skellies when not using MGP? I'm currently running melee skellies and zombies mixed with 4 frost sentinels spectres for clear. So far very fun and fast. Clear on the spectres are super nice.

Bosses melt when you pop vaal skellies.

But only at low tier maps still, so I guess this can change drastically.
Hello! I am loving your build currently but am in red maps and was wondering if you had any recommendations for an end game setup revolving around skeleton mages and not switching the build too much? Thanks!
"
Loryk wrote:
Any gem recommendations if I am not running enlighten and also runnning dash in an unset ring rather than Flame Dash? Frees up 2 gems slots but not sure what to put in there

I also prefer convocation as an active ability rather than triggering with Immortal call - any other gems to put in with immortal call?

You could try some buffing spectres.

Increased Duration support is good with IC
"
tpendragon wrote:
Okay so I'm running the old build, should I switch to the new stuff? Easier for newbies is good, but now I'm mapping - is there a suggestion on next steps?

Thanks for everything!

Old one is fine, new one is a bit easier to get going with, that's why i changed.

Look at the section of the build "As you get more currency, what to upgrade." for how to upgrade.
"
Devilcorpsdoc wrote:
I was curious why bone offering isnt linked to CWDT since it needs to have a high uptime...

my original answer to this was wrong, i miss read the question.

CWDT is not reliable enough, we need offering up ALL the time.
Last edited by Odif on Jan 22, 2021, 1:11:29 AM
"
This is a fascinating build

Would fire/cold damage specters and phantasms bring anything to this build? Especially when retaining the Triad Grips? Or Animated Guardian for that matter?

If you have taunt jewels, wouldn't a pumped up number of minions taunting help camouflage yourself further? You could switch meatshield for phantasm that way.

Also, wouldn't Lesser multiple projectiles with pierce be a good middle ground between projectile spam and coverage?
Or Chain? Can Chain work on skele mage projectiles?

All of this could work, its a choice.
I prefer pierce to chain, better single target, and the clear is fine with pierce.

I got tired of being unable to see damage incoming, with too many skel projectiles filling the screen. So no gmp/lmp for me. But you can!
"
How is single target dps on skelli mages compared with melee skellies when not using MGP? I'm currently running melee skellies and zombies mixed with 4 frost sentinels spectres for clear. So far very fun and fast. Clear on the spectres are super nice.

It's hard to tell, skel mages got a 50% damage buff.

In the past melee skels better single target, now, dunno?

Probably still, but the gap is smaller.
"
Inferno105599 wrote:
Hello! I am loving your build currently but am in red maps and was wondering if you had any recommendations for an end game setup revolving around skeleton mages and not switching the build too much? Thanks!

Buy all the gear in the "As you get more currency, what to upgrade." section.
"
Odif wrote:
"

It's hard to tell, skel mages got a 50% damage buff.

In the past melee skels better single target, now, dunno?

Probably still, but the gap is smaller.

Can't really trust POB to give correct numbers due to that 50% damage buff on mages.

However, my skelly warrior build definitely bosses faster if it's a stationary boss.
Winter Orb+Cast While Channeling+Desecrate+Flesh/bone Offering triger Minions deal 15% increased Damage if you've used a Minion Skill Recently in jawel?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info