[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

I don't look pob atm but why u need triad when all mage deal ele dmg ??
"
ZopoOppo wrote:
I don't look pob atm but why u need triad when all mage deal ele dmg ??

for the zombies
"
KalayoGaming wrote:
Sorry if this hast been mentioned before, but I'm not sure about triad grip.
WILL they work as intended as I thought the skele mages deal basic elemental damage, not 100% phys converted to elemental?
If so the gloves would not work.

And why are you using storm brand for EE?
Wouldn't it be better to do fire dmg and proc shock and chill instead of ignite which has low dps on minions?

I have moved off of the Triad Gloves, mostly for simplicity, and socket color problems.

But they WERE there for the zombies, as originally I had zombies doing about 25% of the total damage.

Now zombies are just meat sheilds, so Triad not needed any more.

As far as EE, as long as we do a single elemental damage type, we lower the resists of enemies to the other two.

SKel mages do less damage with cold than with Fire and Lightning, so using a cold spell would be optimal.

I choose Storm Brand because it is fire and forget, lasts a relatively long time. But Winter Orb is an option too.
Last edited by Odif on Jan 20, 2021, 11:21:42 AM
"
DonTheMage wrote:
^^ This. I cannot recommend Darkness Enthroned enough. I used it on my Carrion Golem build last season, and with good gems, it does God's work. ;-)

Also on the new POB, it's only showing 30 Intelligence allocated in the wheel for Dead Reckoning. I think you want to take the Intelligence node just above the jewel to hit the required 40 Intelligence.

With Threshold jewels, the INT does not need to be allocated, just in the radius.

So either the socket to the left or above the Witch starting area works.
"
FarVision wrote:
Man, you are killing me. :)

JUST got done getting the gloves and setting up my Rasa and every single thing you had in the Rev.1 guide from two days ago.

I was about to post how completely amazing the Brand chained to packs while the Elemental damage from the Frenzy minion packs blasted through almost as fast as I could walk with 20% boots.

I thought you originally said all the projectiles were bad for clears and PC performance? What changed? The melee elemental glove thing is really working for me right now. When does it fall apart?

It does not fall apart.
You can keep using the Triad Gloves.

Not using the Triad Gloves frees up some socket colors.
We can use Zealotry instead of Anger.
We can relegate Zombies to meat shields, instead of secondary DPS.

Both versions are good.

I went with the "No Triad" version, as I think it will be easier for newbies.
"
volhz wrote:
Great build! Please tell me which 3 spectr to take for him?
I have Host Chieftain and Carnage Chieftain.

IN the past, when I used support spectres, I liked 2x Carnage and 1x Host.
I think we should have a GLOBAL CHAT CHANNEL for this build.

Channel 798

Type /global 798
to join.

We can use this channel in game to discus the build, ask questions about the build, help each other.

If the channel gets spammy, I will pick a new number.

I will be on the channel whenever I am playing.
"
Raykyre wrote:
Really enjoying the evolution of the build!

To echo another posters comment, I really like the Darkness Enthroned belt (2c) and the flexibility it brings.

Here is mine, which currently gives (after the 75% buffs);
113.75 max life for me
17.5% minion max life
15.75 - 26.25 minion fire damage
19.25 - 22.75 minion chaos damage
10.5% minion taunt chance

These can easily be improved if I continue in this direction, or pivot to more defensive stats.
The added bonus for me here is that it also frees up a jewel spot on my tree, which is where I had my minion taunt jewel previously

Minion elemental damage on jewels may mess up EE, fyi
"
Voopvoop wrote:
"
Raykyre wrote:
Really enjoying the evolution of the build!

To echo another posters comment, I really like the Darkness Enthroned belt (2c) and the flexibility it brings.

Here is mine, which currently gives (after the 75% buffs);
113.75 max life for me
17.5% minion max life
15.75 - 26.25 minion fire damage
19.25 - 22.75 minion chaos damage
10.5% minion taunt chance

These can easily be improved if I continue in this direction, or pivot to more defensive stats.
The added bonus for me here is that it also frees up a jewel spot on my tree, which is where I had my minion taunt jewel previously

Minion elemental damage on jewels may mess up EE, fyi

I have to be honest, I was concerned about this but I didn't know if it does or not. I haven't noticed any sharp drop off in damage, but that is not to say that it isn't adversely affecting things (now up to T11 mapping, was T8 earlier when I changed things around). Anyone else have any insight?

Presuming the 'minions deal added Phys' or 'minions deal added Chaos' wouldn't affect EE? Just potentially added cold/fire/lightning?
"
Raykyre wrote:
I have to be honest, I was concerned about this but I didn't know if it does or not. I haven't noticed any sharp drop off in damage, but that is not to say that it isn't adversely affecting things (now up to T11 mapping, was T8 earlier when I changed things around). Anyone else have any insight?

The added fire is nerfing the damage from your fire mages, but it's also buffing the lightning mages if you don't have other sources of added lightning and aren't spamming storm brand to trigger EE. Either way, your cold mages will be buffed.

(EDIT: I got this slightly wrong. Read the responses that follow.)

I didn't have dps problems even with the gmp setup until maybe T12+. Skeletons with enough added levels are just so strong you might not need to worry for now.
Last edited by GERWARIC on Jan 20, 2021, 7:52:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info