[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

so far, i am absolutely loving this build, i never had such a smooth league start! and ive got quite some leagues behind me, played lots of minion builds, tried lots of other builds but this, the sheer smooth leveling experience, easy mapping early game, its amazing!

i know you dont use pob, but for those using it heres my setup
https://pastebin.com/Ck2kEQPK
for those using the internet who want to see the build my characters name is KnightedCatMinionRitual

for personal reasons i moved away from EE, but everything else should still work

thanks to all the minion levels + on gear you hit up to 4 levels, with a simple socketed rong and +1 you get level 25 (4 spectres) with an arena champ, 2 monkey hosts and 1 chieftain im clearing everything upto 10, i havent tested my new necklace, and wand upgrades (convoking wands with +1 level and minion stats) cost around 1ex so havent had the chance

also the darkness enthroned belt helped me ALOT

thats again for this great build!, this is amazing and i hope to see more builds comming from you!, honestly, BEST MINION BUILD EVER TO START A LEAGUE WITH
Last edited by Darthkip on Jan 20, 2021, 5:02:58 AM
"
I've switched to this. Flame dash without cast speed feels so bad. Too bad there's no "Increase and reduction to Minion CAST SPEED also affect you" passive doesn't exist.

For example I have Spiritual Command keystone, I have up Flesh offering all the time and instead of Bone Barrier I use Mistress of sacreface. I have HP regen at 8% thanks to Staff and I do not need to have this ascendant, only trace 10% reduction in physical damage, but there is no minion build and there is no such need to take this node, Mistress is more valuable in my opinion, giving a lot of speed to both castu Winter orba as well as the speed of movement and of course the flame dash benefits a lot.

Last edited by loczek123 on Jan 20, 2021, 5:38:48 AM
"
loczek123 wrote:
"
I've switched to this. Flame dash without cast speed feels so bad. Too bad there's no "Increase and reduction to Minion CAST SPEED also affect you" passive doesn't exist.

For example I have Spiritual Command keystone, I have up Flesh offering all the time and instead of Bone Barrier I use Mistress of sacreface. I have HP regen at 8% thanks to Staff and I do not need to have this ascendant, only trace 10% reduction in physical damage, but there is no minion build and there is no such need to take this node, Mistress is more valuable in my opinion, giving a lot of speed to both castu Winter orba as well as the speed of movement and of course the flame dash benefits a lot.

Spiritual Command keystone only affect attack speed instead of cast speed.
"
maxineji wrote:
"
loczek123 wrote:
"

Spiritual Command keystone only affect attack speed instead of cast speed.

huh in fact, I have never even read it in full and I was convinced that there is both cast and attack.
Really enjoying the evolution of the build!

To echo another posters comment, I really like the Darkness Enthroned belt (2c) and the flexibility it brings.

Here is mine, which currently gives (after the 75% buffs);
113.75 max life for me
17.5% minion max life
15.75 - 26.25 minion fire damage
19.25 - 22.75 minion chaos damage
10.5% minion taunt chance

These can easily be improved if I continue in this direction, or pivot to more defensive stats.
The added bonus for me here is that it also frees up a jewel spot on my tree, which is where I had my minion taunt jewel previously
^^ This. I cannot recommend Darkness Enthroned enough. I used it on my Carrion Golem build last season, and with good gems, it does God's work. ;-)

Also on the new POB, it's only showing 30 Intelligence allocated in the wheel for Dead Reckoning. I think you want to take the Intelligence node just above the jewel to hit the required 40 Intelligence.
Man, you are killing me. :)

JUST got done getting the gloves and setting up my Rasa and every single thing you had in the Rev.1 guide from two days ago.

I was about to post how completely amazing the Brand chained to packs while the Elemental damage from the Frenzy minion packs blasted through almost as fast as I could walk with 20% boots.

I thought you originally said all the projectiles were bad for clears and PC performance? What changed? The melee elemental glove thing is really working for me right now. When does it fall apart?

"
DonTheMage wrote:
^^ This. I cannot recommend Darkness Enthroned enough. I used it on my Carrion Golem build last season, and with good gems, it does God's work. ;-)

Also on the new POB, it's only showing 30 Intelligence allocated in the wheel for Dead Reckoning. I think you want to take the Intelligence node just above the jewel to hit the required 40 Intelligence.

You don't have to actually allocate the stats to activate threshold jewels - they just have to be within the jewel's radius.
Big fan of all of the improvements. They all make a lot of sense. I felt like Anger may have interfered with the natural EE from having different ele mages. I would say me having a brand on the target is more of the exception than the rule (I play with controller on PC, so it's a bit clunky but works great with this build), so it's nice to encourage fire getting the benefit of EE whenever possible.
Great build! Please tell me which 3 spectr to take for him?
I have Host Chieftain and Carnage Chieftain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info