[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
loczek123 wrote:
I think you've complicated the talent tree a bit too much. You have very little HP from the tree for this jewel, the past ones get the most from jewels at a later stage.

I don't want to suggest here that my version with the staff is better because you did a great job and your topic pushed me in the right direction as the start of the league. But I think it would be worth analyzing some changes that I think can be beneficial for everyone :)

Spoiler

I looked at your character.

It could very well be your way is better.

I must admit I LIKE Triad Gloves
I LIKE having my zombies and skeletons do elemental damage.
I LIKE being able to ignore phys reflect maps.

Does that mean it's best?
Dunno.

My build has zombies doing a lot of damage, to supliment the skels.
Your build focuses primarily on the skels.

Your build uses 1 golem, a dps golem
My build uses 2 golems, both defensive.

It's all choices.

Your build uses a staff to hold the skels, which is more expensive to 6l.
My build puts the skels in the chest, which is very cheap to 6l
(I bought a +2 duration gems tabula for 20 c last night)

Many of my choices were made to make it SIMPLE EASY and CHEAP for brand new players, not choices that would make the build stronger.

EDIT A DAY LATER:
Ok, after thinking more about this, he was RIGHT.
I made several major changes to the build guide, based in large part on his ideas.

Your build uses support spectres.
My build does not use spectres.

Last edited by Odif on Jan 20, 2021, 1:39:59 AM
okay so doing this solo self found and chance orbs are hard to come by..what is the vender recipie for chance orbs so i can chance the gloves?
"
exilekami wrote:

How can we get 6k life hmmm.

I have 6200hp now, with caped chaos resist, even with still very basic equip, pretty much all item slots needs to be replaced. I believe i can go up to 6500. But its already enough for easy farm T16 maps.
I did made a lot changes to the build... as i always prefer QoL things over DPS! :-)

Spoiler
Been playing it Tier 5 maps and cutting through like cheese. Hopefully try 8+ tomorrow.

One thing I'd like to ask about the 'Spell Echo' on Skeleton Summon.

Do we really need this? Does it affect the Skeleton Mages spellcasts?

If not, wouldn't a cast speed or even summon phantasm be preferrable?

I've also switched out Predator Support for Meat Shield Support as I never really used it, always too busy hiding while skeletons destroy

Yo.
Last edited by Pruney on Jan 19, 2021, 9:43:01 PM
My current build too so people can compare.

Yo.
i'm wondering,you use anger and elemental equilibrium ,and with storm brand you apply a debuff only for increased cold dmg ,and they get increased resist for cold and fire.
i tested it on drox,and he gets vulna to cold,and resist to fire and light
is it still worth then to do elemental equilibrium just for the cold? and whould avatar of fire not bad then,since you convert all dmg to fire,and they will only be resist to fire,and get vulna to light and cold

Currently lvl91 with 4.5k HP. Kill first spawn Sirus with this build using Elemental Army to replace GMP. Since that I already have Exposure on Hit on my helm, does replacing Elemental Army to another support gem will increase my skele damage? If so, what is the support gem.

Can someone please help to check on POB if I deal more damage using two weaps with +1 All Spell Skill Gems or the one that I'm currently using deals more damage? Skele mage is lvl26, Zombie is lvl25.
Really nice league starter build... I highly recommend this build guide to newbies and even some vets to enjoy this type of build. Keep up the great work! Maybe you can post some later endgame build set for this guide hehe :)
is the triad gloves required if im using skeleton mages?
"
7itachi7 wrote:
is the triad gloves required if im using skeleton mages?

triad gloves will do nothing for your skelly mages as it converts physical damage to elemental. skelly mages only cast fire/cold/lightning spells

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info