[3.14] Gryph's Burning Witch - Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas CoC VD

hey! love your guide, I see you used a lot of cluster jewel and jewels, can I know which cluster is BIS or all of them are replacable?
"
Cashzz wrote:
hey! love your guide, I see you used a lot of cluster jewel and jewels, can I know which cluster is BIS or all of them are replacable?


You want a medium fire dot cluster with the Wrapped in Flame and Cremator notables. This is the only *required* one.

From there I personally like the 2xspell block large cluster notables but it's pretty flexible.

lastly, overlord on a megalomaniac is the end game goal for 2nd medium.

"
Puffalmp wrote:
I know it's a ton of work, but do you plan to update and publish this for 3.14?


Veryy little has changed for this build (mostly just harvest crafting was nerfed) and the details of the changes are in the main post. But yeah I will go through and re-edit it more.
watched some videos of well geared chars.
one thing i noticed, even with tons of dmg, when all the balls fly into the first line of enemies, they are mostly consumed. is explodey chest needed for good clear?
Last edited by majesthro on Apr 15, 2021, 4:07:30 PM
"
majesthro wrote:
watched some videos of well geared chars.
one thing i noticed, even with tons of dmg, when all the balls fly into the first line of enemies, they are mostly consumed. is explodey chest needed for good clear?


No, explodey is not needed for good clear with VD. It improves clear and makes clearing with DD a lot better though.
.
Last edited by Just_the_TlP on Apr 15, 2021, 8:44:16 PM
"
Just_the_TlP wrote:
.


IT'S TOO LATE! I SAW WHAT YOU WROTE!

:P
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
notaspook wrote:
I was planning to league start 3.14 with this, but I see you say the amulet is expensive early, so its not a good idea. Can I just replace the CWDT setup with Arcanist Brand? Self-casting every 7ish seconds, sub-optimal, sure. But most of the debuffs will have 100% uptime still, since it will have 5 activations per second after the 200% increased cast speed. We lose 60ish increased damage, which translates to roughly 10%+30% overall damage depending where the build is investment wise, life leech, and some ignite chance from the amulet. No doubt it is a big chunk, but perhaps a talisman or temple mod can fill in for the leech, and maybe some extra damage if lucky?


I should clarify:

It's very doable as a league starter because the CoC side of the build works fine with the self-ignite portion. The build does ramp up in damage and defenses DRASTICALLY once you've got that though.

Like, super doable, but after having done it and seeing market in first couple days I would suggest most players to make as second or respecc from something else once prices come down. That's all. Build is really squishy without some of the end game pieces too, so some might find that to be a problem. I'm a softcore scrub so idc :D


I was planning on doing this as my 2nd character. What would you say is the minimum required gear do easily to red maps, not juiced and to kill bosses?
Last edited by RewQew on Apr 16, 2021, 12:00:55 AM
Any experienced crafters here to guide the best way to craft the rares post harvest nerf?

Or asked this way:
Is this build heavily reliant on the rares (dmg affixes) to feel good since Socket links are locked for CoC setup?
"
majesthro wrote:
Any experienced crafters here to guide the best way to craft the rares post harvest nerf?

Or asked this way:
Is this build heavily reliant on the rares (dmg affixes) to feel good since Socket links are locked for CoC setup?


Considering i made this for Heist league without Harvest crafting I'd say it's a solid YES you can do it jsut fine. :P

"Reforge a rare with crit modifiers, crit mods are more commons"

That mod is the easiest way to harvest craft a decent hunter chest for cheap. Just saying.

"
RewQew wrote:


I was planning on doing this as my 2nd character. What would you say is the minimum required gear do easily to red maps, not juiced and to kill bosses?


Just get the core uniques together and you should be fine. The build does not lack for damage. Biggest complaints come from low survivability before getting ES on hit watcher's eye.
Doing this build for the league.
Currently flying through story with spellslinger setup (although I hate it).

Thinking of moving to CoC as soon as I hit maps. How was it for you in regards of life sustain and accuracy? I looked at your ssf test run.

Did you swap pre or post uber lab?
Edit: nvm, your ssf pob doesnt have uber lab :D
Last edited by majesthro on Apr 18, 2021, 4:34:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info