[3.14] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas

Let me ask you, how are you getting self ignited on the 3.13 DD setup you have posted?
I'm trying to upgrade to a tailwind boots, but i'm relying on the sunspite to get self ignited since I'm using hotheaded jewel with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you". So, i would need to replace the hotheaded by the replica reckless and get the corrupted blood implicit somewhere else, and, as far i could search, the only option would be to get it on the thread of hope jewel. problem is: a thread of hope with corrupted blood implicit is a little too expensive for me...
So, is it worth the price of such thread of hope, or is there some other way to get self ignited i am missing?
Thanks again...
"
SeuMedo wrote:
Let me ask you, how are you getting self ignited on the 3.13 DD setup you have posted?
I'm trying to upgrade to a tailwind boots, but i'm relying on the sunspite to get self ignited since I'm using hotheaded jewel with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you". So, i would need to replace the hotheaded by the replica reckless and get the corrupted blood implicit somewhere else, and, as far i could search, the only option would be to get it on the thread of hope jewel. problem is: a thread of hope with corrupted blood implicit is a little too expensive for me...
So, is it worth the price of such thread of hope, or is there some other way to get self ignited i am missing?
Thanks again...


You should be using Rep Reckless Defense ASAP. Sunspite is for early league when the R RD is not available basically. I get the corrupted blood on hotheaded myself.
Oh I see, but the problem is I have 5 jewel slots on passive tree, so it's watcher's eye, cluster, thread of hope, glorious vanity and hotheaded at the moment. So if i get the R RD what should i drop? Or is there a way to get a 6th jewel slot?
"
SeuMedo wrote:
Oh I see, but the problem is I have 5 jewel slots on passive tree, so it's watcher's eye, cluster, thread of hope, glorious vanity and hotheaded at the moment. So if i get the R RD what should i drop? Or is there a way to get a 6th jewel slot?


Oh I would just not use a small cluster jewel then.
Nice! Hadn't thought about that hahah
Thanks
Hello again! =P
Could you explain me better the raise spectre thing? I searched the internet a little bit but couldn't exactly understand it's interaction with desecrate and VD. I'm using phantasmal desecrate, but i saw it's been "nerfed" and primal crushclaw is not on it's pool anymore, but can i still "force" it by raising it's spectre on the sacred grove? Also, i tried doing this but failed as the ground turns into a big mess with other corpses and corpses i spawn with desecrate myself, do you have any tips on how to easily raise them? Also, is there sonewhere i can check the max life of the monsters? So if i can't get the best ones i can at least use something else with a good max life as well...
Thank you for your build, I am having fun with handling end-game content. Just upgraded to awakened spell cascade, would like to know which is next for my upgrade?

I don't know how to calculate VD and DD damage in pob. And I am thinking of changing to DD but in my observation, DD does less damage than VD even in bossing.

Are high-HP spectres a must for DD? I also have a "DD has a 45% chance to detonate an additional corpse" helmet but it still worse than VD in bossing.
Am I missing something?

https://pastebin.com/ttkCapRj

Thank you!
Your passive skilltree doesn't appear to be for your necromancer but for a different character. Can you fix this? I'm looking forward to play your build!
"
Abel__1980 wrote:
Your passive skilltree doesn't appear to be for your necromancer but for a different character. Can you fix this? I'm looking forward to play your build!


I have 2 characters with this build. One from Heist and one from Ritual.

The tree in the guide is the "this is what you should follow"

The tree on my character is the "I decided to go Detonate Dead and make certain optimizations because I have a high level and gg gear" --which is a bit harder to emulate.

https://pastebin.com/PLQw3dh2

that's my current character's POB though if that's what you're after.

"
kydjason wrote:
Thank you for your build, I am having fun with handling end-game content. Just upgraded to awakened spell cascade, would like to know which is next for my upgrade?

I don't know how to calculate VD and DD damage in pob. And I am thinking of changing to DD but in my observation, DD does less damage than VD even in bossing.

Are high-HP spectres a must for DD? I also have a "DD has a 45% chance to detonate an additional corpse" helmet but it still worse than VD in bossing.
Am I missing something?

https://pastebin.com/ttkCapRj

Thank you!


For Detonate Dead to really feel good you need to have the Helmet enchant and Awakened Spell Cascade. The main reason for this is the number of corpses being consumed ramps up a lot faster and you get more AOE overlap. Woke Spell cascade is pretty much 100% more DPS for DD. hahaha.

Also, it is highly recommended that you get the specters, yes. You don't need to support them with anything either as they're there just to add to the desecrate pool.

As for bossing, VD has a damage delay and tons of screen clutter. DD's damage is instant, hits a LOT harder, and it's generally easier to see things. DD corpse explosions make a huge difference as well. Mine do about 700k-2M damage per explosion on DD...X5 explosions.

Hope this helps a bit. I'm typing with sleepy brain XD
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Mar 23, 2021, 11:01:49 AM
Hi it's been a while but I wanna share how the build feels if you min max it for anyone who want to see how the build work.

Feared will less Block : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdI3WTwK7EE
Maven Deathless : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV0oSlJxJHU
Sirus 9 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCRr7-mbM4k

My PoB : https://pastebin.com/miqjvfpt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info