[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
enyaisrave wrote:
Been trying to calculate accurate VD (spell hit portion) DPS. never used CoC before but after some reading I guessing it's one of two things.

1. Desecrate and VD are on separate internal CD due to not being namesake skills. Meaning if we have 10 APS and 100% hit/crit (and appropriate ICR) we will summon 9 balls per crit (3x3 due to spell cascade) which ends up being 90 balls per second. So our VD dps would be PoB VD "skill average hit" x 90. This sounds ridic high (we are assuming BOSS effective dps where we are face-spinning and balls explode before reaching 60 projectile cap)

2. The internal cooldown is shared, in which case we only, on average, spawn 9 balls 5 times per second for half that. But still.. 45 x average hit.

This assumes that PoB is showing per VD ball though. Am I making faulty assumptions somewhere or is one of the above correct?

You're not far off at all. POB shows average hit for VD, yes.

Different skills do not share a cooldown. You're main limiting factors then (assuming 100% crit and Hit Chance) are Cooldown Recovery and Attack speed.

With NO CDR% you can proc Cast on Crit 6.06 times per second per skill. CoC procs skills in order in the links. In our case this means Desecrates procs on first hit and VD procs on 2nd in rotation. Effectively capping attack speed at 12.12 APS with no CDR.

This number goes up to 15.14 if you have 14%+ CDR on gear (or level 3+ Woke CoC support)

But yeah, it's Average damage x Number of VD Balls (9-12 depending on supports+Enchant) x Procs per second.

So like, if you have 12 APS with Awakened Spell Cascade and/or the +1 VD Helmet Enchant you'll average 10+ per proc (gonna say 10 for easy math)

if you have 100k per ball (easy to do) that's

100k x 10 balls x 6 procs per second = 6 Million DPS

This build does very good damage. ^^

I see. This makes me sad, I think. So on my character atm I have a bout 9.56 APS and 15% ICR. I assume I am gimping myself here by being above 7.57 but so far below 15.14?

EDIT: After further reading I realize that I am in fact gimping myself heavily atm with such inefficient APS/ICR ratio. I guess working towards increasing my APS is a priority atm.

I am also working on a pair of culling gloves atm, what would you suggest to replace culling with in the 6L CWDT setup?
Last edited by enyaisrave on Mar 9, 2021, 8:10:43 AM
"
enyaisrave wrote:

I see. This makes me sad, I think. So on my character atm I have a bout 9.56 APS and 15% ICR. I assume I am gimping myself here by being above 7.57 but so far below 15.14?

EDIT: After further reading I realize that I am in fact gimping myself heavily atm with such inefficient APS/ICR ratio. I guess working towards increasing my APS is a priority atm.

I am also working on a pair of culling gloves atm, what would you suggest to replace culling with in the 6L CWDT setup?

Not so much "being above 7.57" but yes, lots of room to grow. Also, make sure you're checking APS after you're ramped up. With Corpse Pact you should be getting a lot more than 9.56 APS with a 1.25 APS base staff.

As for gems, you can look at my current setup (I have culling and blind from Medium Cluster). I use Ball Lightning for Life+ES Recovery and to spread curse on hit around. Also using Awakened Hextouch + Enfeeble.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
@Kennocha

I think it was someone else, I haven't been on a lot today. But awesome that someone was helping you out! Love that.

Well, then to whomever did it. I give my eternal gratitude! I stand by it was one of the nicest interactions I have had in a game before.
Last edited by Kennocha on Mar 9, 2021, 11:21:42 AM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
enyaisrave wrote:

Not so much "being above 7.57" but yes, lots of room to grow. Also, make sure you're checking APS after you're ramped up. With Corpse Pact you should be getting a lot more than 9.56 APS with a 1.25 APS base staff.

As for gems, you can look at my current setup (I have culling and blind from Medium Cluster). I use Ball Lightning for Life+ES Recovery and to spread curse on hit around. Also using Awakened Hextouch + Enfeeble.

Guess I could go regular hextouch (ssf) and enfeeble instead of flammability ring because damage is def not an issue. Thanks for the replies as always, really cool build. Even for SSF. Granted I have played a lot this league, still though. Smoothest non meta build I've played in SSF in a long while.
To everyone running this build I guess
Hey, if you want a free +2% block attack and spell chance for each go for Divergent Bone Offering, not much of an investment but I've reached the point where I'm just burning currency to min max and I find this very useful especially if you're not block capped.
Also not sure how useful it may be but I went for a Div Culling Strike too, lol.
"
LuLu_M97 wrote:
To everyone running this build I guess
Hey, if you want a free +2% block attack and spell chance for each go for Divergent Bone Offering, not much of an investment but I've reached the point where I'm just burning currency to min max and I find this very useful especially if you're not block capped.
Also not sure how useful it may be but I went for a Div Culling Strike too, lol.

Yup! I use Divergent Bone offering as well. Though I get culling strike from my 2nd cluster tree
I don't know if corpse hp is also scaling in delve but I don't feel difference between 740 (319% more hp) vs 250 (0% more hp) depths.
Only difference is that if I don't have bone offering up I die to 1-2 hits.

Anyone delved deeper than 1k with this build? (I'll try to pass that in this league)
"
metalz975 wrote:
I don't know if corpse hp is also scaling in delve but I don't feel difference between 740 (319% more hp) vs 250 (0% more hp) depths.
Only difference is that if I don't have bone offering up I die to 1-2 hits.

Anyone delved deeper than 1k with this build? (I'll try to pass that in this league)

Corpse life only matters at the point of impact/where the VDs spawn.

Also, Delve monster corpse life not going to matter if you are using splodey chest and it doesn't scale your desecrate (only area level will do that, which caps at 83)
"
Kennocha wrote:
Well, then to whomever did it. I give my eternal gratitude! I stand by it was one of the nicest interactions I have had in a game before.

It was me! Glad it helped you. Try to establish the discipline setup and get the watcher's eye. Afterwards, upgrade your chest.

Just leveled this build and it's very good, the ignite setup seems a lot easier to do than scolds which I tried before and failed.

It seems like you absolutely need the +ES on hit discipline watcher eye, or else the constant hits will drain your ES to 0? I got the watcher eye but I was wondering about this.

Sorry if this has been talked about before, didn't go through all the past posts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info