New Flask Mechanic(Link Flasks)

"
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
considering that GGG has explicitly stated multiple times that they are against multi-function single hit keys, this will never happen.

It's the reason why scripts are and have been grounds for bans since the beginning of this game. It's just something GGG isn't interested in having in their game. There will always be those that figure out work-arounds, but the risk is on the player.

Whether or not I agree with their position is another point entirely...

Ah yes, GGG being famously against macros, which is why for the past several years their ENTIRE DESIGN DIRECTION has revolved around the assumed use of logout macros, instead of doing the obvious thing and adding a simple logout timer.

Or making the game not so 1shotty that logout macros are permitted in the first place.

Also, +1 to OP.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
I am an older player and have issues with RSI. After a play session of 2-4 hours constantly hitting 3-4 flasks my left arm can be in excruciating pain. I need something like this implemented in game PLEASE. I won't use macros due to the potential of banishment from a game I love to play. I would love to play it more if it didn't cause pain. I already had to quit playing Warframe for the same reason. Please GGG consider at least allowing us to link three flasks to a single button click. The other two flasks would be more situational, such as life and mana.
"
Kaytrim wrote:
I am an older player and have issues with RSI. After a play session of 2-4 hours constantly hitting 3-4 flasks my left arm can be in excruciating pain. I need something like this implemented in game PLEASE. I won't use macros due to the potential of banishment from a game I love to play. I would love to play it more if it didn't cause pain. I already had to quit playing Warframe for the same reason. Please GGG consider at least allowing us to link three flasks to a single button click. The other two flasks would be more situational, such as life and mana.

This is a crock of horseshit. GGG cannot prevent people with gaming keyboards from using macro's. It's normal to use these nowadays and people will. Not only can they not check this because it's a hardware feature that sends keystrokes directly from the keyboard but it would be petty to do so.

"
Just implement the mechanic that Chinese client already have, it would be enough to solve all issues with flasks.

Awesome, so basically we're behind the Chinese client now? Thought the Tencent acquisition meant we wouldn't be missing out on anything like the developers stated.
Last edited by DarkKaine on Mar 2, 2021, 8:31:24 AM
The current flask design is just increadibly bad and GGG has to change it.
"
Kaytrim wrote:

You won't be banned, becuase if so, they will have to ban like 25% of all playerbase & 99% of streamers, & the game will die.
lmao won't happen. also why not play a build that doesn't need to press 5 flasks every 4 seconds like non stop if u can't press 5 buttons?
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
You should be able to bind multiple flasks to the same button. Simple bandaid fix for the time. Alternatively have an auto-cast mode so a flask is used whenever you have enough charges.

Ideally I believe there should only be a single flask slot. Having almost a third of your damage and survivability come from flasks isn't good game design. What were initially situational buffs are pretty much constantly enabled unless you're facing a particularly long boss fight.
Love it. +1
+1 for something to be done to make our lives easier. I mean it's always the same: click 3-5 utility potions together if you have charges when they run out and have 0-3 situational flasks for 'oh crap' moments.
Last edited by Celd on Apr 3, 2021, 4:59:15 PM
"
satanttin wrote:
lmao won't happen. also why not play a build that doesn't need to press 5 flasks every 4 seconds like non stop if u can't press 5 buttons?

Well it's hard to implement ailment immunity, bleed immunity, curse immunity and 15-40% extra physical mitigation in all builds.

But Poe mapping right now requires you to have all those things with 100% uptime otherwise you will die a lot, it's not enough to simple "remove an ailment" because chances are that it's being applied over and over by 10 different ground effects and multi hit skills.

Specially curse immunity is a must have, with how crazy the curse effects scale nowadays ( temporal chains cuts 90% of your mobility, enfeeble reduces the damage by 50%, ele weakness makes every single pixel a potential one shot).

Flasks were envisioned for a game that was vastly slower than what we have today.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info