New Flask Mechanic(Link Flasks)

I'll try to find the old posts that I remember, but that might take some serious digging.
Good Idea.
it should be done long ago... lots of players use mouse macros etc to made it (its not "allowed" but never heard about someone with ban for using it)
I'd rather have a better flask system in general. It's been 1 part of PoE that I feel has been underwhelming over the years and very outdated.

Linking flasks or people using scripts or popsicle sticks show that people don't really care much for the flask system in general and just want to bypass thought to gain all the flask buffs at the same time.
A-S-D for utility, W for mana or quicksilver and C for Life. It literally takes less than a second. It's VERY EASY to press ASD all at once and WC at once after that. This is hardly an issue compared to the multitude of problems this game is facing.
"
BrownTown86 wrote:
A-S-D for utility, W for mana or quicksilver and C for Life. It literally takes less than a second. It's VERY EASY to press ASD all at once and WC at once after that. This is hardly an issue compared to the multitude of problems this game is facing.

I also like hitting

asdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasdasd

while my character is going about.
I think they originally designed flasks to be situational and strategic, but hardly anyone does that now lol. I've noticed in a lot of youtube videos that people perfectly activate all 5 flasks simultaneously at regular intervals, so obviously they're using macros. So I agree, GGG should just give in and have the option to press all with one key.

Same thing with town portal scrolls btw, its a 20 yr old mechanic from D2 and needs to die.
Last edited by stalkingjackal on Jan 30, 2021, 4:12:44 AM
really good idea!

Even it were only two flasks at the same time my RSI would be happy!
Just make flasks a rare item and include all flask modifiers in the pool and let us roll it, exalt and craft it. That way we got a single flask slot but with all the things we wanted on it.

Hell add certain modifiers to influences and create droppable items to influence it.
Last edited by firenovix on Feb 5, 2021, 3:30:21 AM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
considering that GGG has explicitly stated multiple times that they are against multi-function single hit keys, this will never happen.

It's the reason why scripts are and have been grounds for bans since the beginning of this game. It's just something GGG isn't interested in having in their game. There will always be those that figure out work-arounds, but the risk is on the player.

Whether or not I agree with their position is another point entirely...

Ah yes, GGG being famously against macros, which is why for the past several years their ENTIRE DESIGN DIRECTION has revolved around the assumed use of logout macros, instead of doing the obvious thing and adding a simple logout timer.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info