Vulkan render too dark

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has been through this before and what the problem might be?

I didn't play POE for about a month or so but always kept it updated, i have an AMD Asus Stryx R9 380 GPU,

when i started the game after my 1 month hiatus game looked too dark, but it was completely fine before i took a break, it is the only game that i play where this happens, computer works normally as far as i can tell.

I play using the vulkan beta render but it looks too dark now, no idea why this suddenly happened.

I don't see any way to increase gama or brightness in game and i wouldn't like to fiddle with my monitor settings every time i run the game,

Also tried to compensate using the videocard video options, image just looks too washed out this way.

later on i switched to the dx11 default render and it was normal but i'd like to keep on playing on the vulkan render as i do not have a crazy good pc.

images for reference, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Vulkan (beta) render

Vulkan (beta) render

Vulkan (beta) render

DX11 default render
Last edited by 847hu85h1773r on Dec 2, 2020, 12:01:31 AM
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2021, 8:12:27 AM
Same issue after updating drivers from Radeon software version 20.9.1 to 20.11.2 (MSI R9 380 Gaming 4G).
Last edited by MuggyFrost on Dec 2, 2020, 1:44:45 PM
"
MuggyFrost wrote:
Same issue after updating drivers from Radeon software version 20.9.1 to 20.11.2 (MSI R9 380 Gaming 4G).

did you revert the update? have you solved this?
"
847hu85h1773r wrote:
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has been through this before and what the problem might be?

I didn't play POE for about a month or so but always kept it updated, i have an AMD Asus Stryx R9 380 GPU,

when i started the game after my 1 month hiatus game looked too dark, but it was completely fine before i took a break, it is the only game that i play where this happens, computer works normally as far as i can tell.

I play using the vulkan beta render but it looks too dark now, no idea why this suddenly happened.

I don't see any way to increase gama or brightness in game and i wouldn't like to fiddle with my monitor settings every time i run the game,

Also tried to compensate using the videocard video options, image just looks too washed out this way.

later on i switched to the dx11 default render and it was normal but i'd like to keep on playing on the vulkan render as i do not have a crazy good pc.

images for reference, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Vulkan (beta) render

Vulkan (beta) render

Vulkan (beta) render

DX11 default render

reconfigure now the radeon settings, or turn off the color in the radeon settings
"
Dreamnorth22 wrote:

reconfigure now the radeon settings, or turn off the color in the radeon settings

everything related to custom color or video i have set to default, vulkan still too dark, i even deleted shader cache and nothing changed
Last edited by 847hu85h1773r on Dec 2, 2020, 4:43:02 PM
"
847hu85h1773r wrote:
"
MuggyFrost wrote:

did you revert the update? have you solved this?

I have not been able to fix this, I'm back on direct x.
I have the same issue with vulkan after updating to Radeon Software 20.11.3.
"
RaynQuist wrote:
I have the same issue with vulkan after updating to Radeon Software 20.11.3.

Update only to WHQL Drivers for AMD Radeon, now its WHQL Driver 20.9.1
download AMD Cleanup Utility uninstall radeon driver and install WHQL Driver.

I have the same problem with the Vulkan renderer being too dark. But it only happens when using Vulkan on "Windowed" and "Windowed Fullscreen" mode with my Radeon RX 5700 XT on the latest WHQL 20.11.2 driver. Running with Vulkan on "Fullscreen" mode or using the DX11 renderer is fine.

Please fix this!

Edit:
I just send a support email with this issue to GGG, and they responded after just six minutes! I'm really impressed, this is outstanding! :)
Last edited by BlackArchon on Dec 6, 2020, 4:34:06 AM
The temporary solution for me is going back to the older WHQL driver 20.9.1 - the game looks ok with this version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info