[3.16] General's Cry Blade Flurry Build | Berserker | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Guys, I'm using similar build for 3.16 as a main and only character I have, you can look at my account and I have few things to say about the build. It's my first league I've ever played on POE as a game, so I'm new to the game and I imagine I can tweak the build or do better, so any advice or tips would be appreciated.

I'm using for the most part very expensive items like HH, Bottled Faith and Paradoxica and build feels great, however even without them, the build is a decent mapper:

POB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/vECgtZH3

Here are the upsides of the the build for me:

Spoiler
1. Easy to level and transition into Gen Cry/Blade Flurry on 5 links early in the league.
2. Low budget/investment for a league start and can do low tier maps in 20-50c investment.
3. Quick Map Boss killer.
4. Scales well with investment into a cheap Paradoxica and cluster jewels.
5. Ignore Map Boss mechanics due to quick kill speed.
6. Easy to kill Shaper/Elder Guardians and Shape/Elder themselves, fairly easy to kill Uber Elder as well
7. I'm a PoE noob, so mechanics on Sirus/Maven are rough on this build for me, Maven is a joke actually if you can follow mechanics perfectly on her, I can't in last phase, so I die on her).
8. Can do with my level of gear Wave 24 Simulacrum without deaths, death occurs on boss at 25, mechanics are too crazy and damage not high enough given the tons of mobs on that wave.
9. Atziri is a joke, just be careful on reflect image during that phase.
10. Can do comfortably 60-80% Deli maps, 100% you need Aura bot and Brutality gem change.
11. Can do any Maven invitation, except Feared, due to damage they all die so quickly, that mechanics can't keep up to kill you.
12. You're stun/freeze immunine
13. Can do any other map mods including no-regen/no-leech.
14. Easy to play and farm currency fast.
15. Can do Heists/Metamorphs quite fast.

Downsides of the build:

Spoiler
1. Forget reaching lvl100 on this build regardless of investment.
2. Easy to die in Scourge mechanics, you can get overwhelmed quite fast when you press V.
3. You die more often than you'd want even if you're careful (talking T14+ maps, I don't run anything else at this point).
4. Can't do Sirus or Maven comfortably, if you follow mechanics you can do it, but build doesn't allow for a mistake on them, so not noob friendly.
Doesn't allow for mistakes on Sirus/Maven - one shot from any mechanic on those fights.
5. Expensive to scale as it requires good rare chest piece, Paradoxica, and rings/amulet can get real expensive.
6. Can't do reflect maps, unless you gear for that on gear and Pantheon.

Conclusion:

Spoiler
Given my little experience in the game, I've managed to reach lvl95 and can't progress any further on my own, without doing 5 ways or XP cheese mechanics, which are boring to me. If you plan to lvl to 100 on your own in juiced maps or Delve content, you're out of luck on this build as you'll be dying randomly here and there.
As you can see as a PoE noob with this build, I've made myself fairly rich from the ground up with almost no help (outside of finding boss killers for Maven and Sirus). I've geared and invested roughly 200ex into the build, which I farmed myself with it without much sweat.

To give a perspective on how fast it can clear stuff, yesterday in just few hours I managed to farm:

- 10+ Shapers (including fragments from their guardians)
- 10+ Elders (Including fragments from their guardians)
- 3x Maven Writs (Had someone else do the kills)
- 5x Formed Maven's Invitation
- 4x Twisted Maven's Invitation
- 2x Hidden Maven's Invitation
- 3x Sirus (had someone else do the kills)
- 4x Katarina

Build will get you frustrated when you die to random, stupid mechanics, it's not as tanky as you'd think to allow many mistakes, or maybe I'm doing something wrong to die, you decide.
Overall build is 8.5/10 as it can kill stuff fast and provide fast paced map clearing speed even with scourge league mechanics.
I hope that helps for newer players like me, that have no idea what they are doing.
Last edited by BGSilentKiller on Jan 16, 2022, 8:47:32 AM
Hey is that build still playable in 3.17? Any tips or changes?
"
pintolpl89 wrote:
Hey is that build still playable in 3.17? Any tips or changes?

I'm going to say yes. Build is still very viable.
One thing that became popular in the build is adding Asenath's Gentle Touch gloves for better clear.

Path of Matth has some good detailed video guides. Slightly different supporting skill wise, but idea is the same. I followed his for 3.16 and it did very well. He updated for 3.17. He has different investment tiers to follow. Most of the prices have dropped. So you can get started on 1-3ex. Then next tier ramps up to 20ex.

I've been making one every league so I just started a GC build with next to no investment. Just gonna level a little and tweak it before pushing it. Not bad for a few hours of play. Already seems promising. Going to make it my bossing character as that's what it was best at last league.
Build is still relevant, I've leveled and playing it again, does well with almost no investment.

Problems with the build exists due to lack of spell damage suppress or block, it can hurt you hard and random deaths are more or less normal.

You can look at my current gear and in the current Arch nemesis league, it can clear almost anything without issues.

Assenath gloves are quite good early on, as it helps with clear, but once you can craft a good chest with explode and crit on it and get good High Templar Gloves, it feels much smoother and higher dps output for boss fights.

You can craft most of the gear yourself to save currency and even with mediocre crafts you will clear maps and bosses quite fast.
Good damage output comes mostly from rings and amulet once you have Paradoxica, so those are important and can get expensive to craft if you try to min/max.
would this be a good league starter for 3.18?
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

It maybe with the new unique helm echos of creation. it depends on how the numbers stack on it.
"
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

It maybe with the new unique helm echos of creation. it depends on how the numbers stack on it.

usually how expensive is the shield on league start?
I've taken this build and tweaked it for a very long time. I'm at the point now where it's nearing the toppy-top of what's out there min-max wise
, and it's just ridiculous. Deathless wave 30 and relatively straightforward Uber Sirus. Moving back to standard at the end of sentinel league is where the build really took off.

- well over 120 mil DPS
- Instant leech
- Over-capped max res (though lightning is only just)
- 90% physical damage reduction
- max chaos res
- stun immune
- elemental ailment immune
- Curse Immune
- Corrupted Blood Immune
- 100% spell suppression
- pride/determination/war banner/blood & sand/precision with enough mana left over for on-hit level 21 assassin's mark.
- vulnerability on hit
- 100% crit chance
- 100% chance to hit
- 39% Less damage taken for each element (using mageblood and utility flasks)
- 80k armour
- 21 stacks of fortify on hit
- reasonably decent AOE

Downsides are that I only have 5k health at level 97 and getting lightning res can be a bitch. I haven't died while mapping in months though admittedly I spend much more time theory crafting than actually playing.

Current Gear

I'll link the jewels later.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
This build just got its guts ripped out.

I went from 140mill Pinnacle Uber dps, to 70 mil. Lowered my health, tankyness and reduced my mana pool from 60 to 14 so now I cant use mark on hit.

Epic game!
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
This build just got its guts ripped out.

I went from 140mill Pinnacle Uber dps, to 70 mil. Lowered my health, tankyness and reduced my mana pool from 60 to 14 so now I cant use mark on hit.

Epic game!

Shame I was excited to see a blade flurry build ;=;

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info