[3.16] General's Cry Blade Flurry Build | Berserker | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

So far loving this build, tho I have a question.

Didn't You go a little bit too hard on dmg nodes on tree? I'm looking @ 107% incr life

As berserker with aspect of carnage
With abyssus

Won't it get oneshotted by any damage mods in red maps? Also, since it's not evasion build we take every hit in our face, so I'm actually worrying about our survivability in harder content (general mapping, since bosses will melt and unskippable phases are dodgeable).

I hate getting randomly oneshotted in PoE, it already made me quit leagues before, because I had no motivation to roll another character.

Shouldn't we dump some points to go into max life on tree? Do we really need all those dmg nodes as zerker, which is already one of most, if not the, offensive asc?

Cheers!
Im running this build and I plan to replace the abyssus. You can run the fated Deidbellow for 10-20 phys and extra speed after warcries. Personally, I went for a cheap-ish Rare helmet with +1 General's Cry Minions enchant (i paid 1 ex for a bad base) and reforged it with essences until it had life and resists. Im not sure if "nearby enemies have -# phys resist" helmets are a thing in temp league, but those would be fantastic if you can get one!

For Mitigation this build runs:
Fortify from Elder boots
Infused Channeling in Cyclone for Phys mitigation
Early setup runs basalt flask for 15% phys mitigation
Late setup runs Lions roar for +3000 Armor + Knockback (Knockback is STRONG defensively, it disables enemy melee attacks if your weapon range is higher than theirs)
Flesh and Stone provide us with 11% less dmg taken from attacks while in Sand stance
Rage grants us 19% less dmg taken and is active 75% of the time due to the Redblade Banner + War Bringer combo
Warcry Cluster jewels grant additional armor + capped endurance charges

So in total:
Fortify: -20% dmg taken
Infused Channeling: -8% Phys Taken
Basalt: -15% Phys taken
Flesh and Stone: -11% dmg taken from far away enemies
Rage: -19% less dmg taken
Endurance Charges: -12% phys dmg taken

TOTAL: - 75% Phys dmg taken if everything is running. This is WITHOUT a single point of armor.

For Sustain:
We run Kitava's Teachings to ignore "No Regen"
The early setup runs an enduring mana flask to sustain on a budget
The late setup runs cinderswallow urn to sustain off of killing minions (this could struggle on bosses that cant be oneshot due to immune phases)

Also:
We are very mobile due to the nature of using cyclone to spawn corpses. We never actually channel the blade flurry ourselves. We can dip in once every 4 seconds to refresh fortify. The rest of the time we can stay at maximum range and let blade flurry-ing Mirage warriors do the damage.
Last edited by Kantarak on Jan 21, 2021, 2:18:18 AM
"
Kantarak wrote:
Im running this build and I plan to replace the abyssus. You can run the fated Deidbellow for 10-20 phys and extra speed after warcries. Personally, I went for a cheap-ish Rare helmet with +1 General's Cry Minions enchant (i paid 1 ex for a bad base) and reforged it with essences until it had life and resists. Im not sure if "nearby enemies have -# phys resist" helmets are a thing in temp league, but those would be fantastic if you can get one!

For Mitigation this build runs:
Fortify from Elder boots
Infused Channeling in Cyclone for Phys mitigation
Early setup runs basalt flask for 15% phys mitigation
Late setup runs Lions roar for +3000 Armor + Knockback (Knockback is STRONG defensively, it disables enemy melee attacks if your weapon range is higher than theirs)
Flesh and Stone provide us with 11% less dmg taken from attacks while in Sand stance
Rage grants us 19% less dmg taken and is active 75% of the time due to the Redblade Banner + War Bringer combo
Warcry Cluster jewels grant additional armor + capped endurance charges

So in total:
Fortify: -20% dmg taken
Infused Channeling: -8% Phys Taken
Basalt: -15% Phys taken
Flesh and Stone: -11% dmg taken from far away enemies
Rage: -19% less dmg taken
Endurance Charges: -12% phys dmg taken

TOTAL: - 75% Phys dmg taken if everything is running. This is WITHOUT a single point of armor.

For Sustain:
We run Kitava's Teachings to ignore "No Regen"
The early setup runs an enduring mana flask to sustain on a budget
The late setup runs cinderswallow urn to sustain off of killing minions (this could struggle on bosses that cant be oneshot due to immune phases)

Also:
We are very mobile due to the nature of using cyclone to spawn corpses. We never actually channel the blade flurry ourselves. We can dip in once every 4 seconds to refresh fortify. The rest of the time we can stay at maximum range and let blade flurry-ing Mirage warriors do the damage.

You figured everything out well done sir :D
I think abyssus is worth using because we got a lot phys damage mitigation but if you are going with a rare helmet "Nearby Enemies take 9% increased Physical Damage" is a thing coming from elder base (ilvl 85+).
"
_Nektre_ wrote:
So far loving this build, tho I have a question.

Didn't You go a little bit too hard on dmg nodes on tree? I'm looking @ 107% incr life

As berserker with aspect of carnage
With abyssus

Won't it get oneshotted by any damage mods in red maps? Also, since it's not evasion build we take every hit in our face, so I'm actually worrying about our survivability in harder content (general mapping, since bosses will melt and unskippable phases are dodgeable).

I hate getting randomly oneshotted in PoE, it already made me quit leagues before, because I had no motivation to roll another character.

Shouldn't we dump some points to go into max life on tree? Do we really need all those dmg nodes as zerker, which is already one of most, if not the, offensive asc?

Cheers!

I'm a softcore player and dying occasionly is fine. If you think otherwise you can change tree a bit, drop abyssus for life helmet and change aspect of carnage with something else.

It's not evasion build but we have a lot of damage mitigation so we are not taking all damage directly. I never felt squishy while playing this build.
"
Wedz wrote:
Hello! Thanks for the interesting build! I want to start a new league on this build, what should I focus on from the very beginning? Will it work as a starter build? What items should i rush first?

Go for Redblade Banner first, try to craft or buy fortify boots and get a paradoxica with decent mods.
"
Mecielle wrote:
Bit of a weird choice for a crit build to not go Alira. I don't need the resists, but having them more often than not opens up other suffix options on a piece of gear. So for any crit build 20% crit multi and 15% all res is hard to beat with 2 passives spent imo.

Also, if it were possible to figure out 2 more socket to get the Ancestral Warchief - Ancestral Protector - Multi Totems setup, that would be an insane damage boost. Like 20% more DPS on your PoB. Just something to keep in mind.

And a question about mechanics. Does General's Cry replace the mirages from the previous cry? Meaning, do I have to take care with timing, so I don't replace the mirages before they released their BF?

We can use those extra 2 points for cluster jewels so not weird at all. People do that all the time.

I was just using vaal ancestral warchief and I don't think this build needs more damage.

I think they got time to finish their attacks and it happens like in a second so I wouldn't worry about timing.
"
wishdropper wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
Bit of a weird choice for a crit build to not go Alira. I don't need the resists, but having them more often than not opens up other suffix options on a piece of gear. So for any crit build 20% crit multi and 15% all res is hard to beat with 2 passives spent imo.

Also, if it were possible to figure out 2 more socket to get the Ancestral Warchief - Ancestral Protector - Multi Totems setup, that would be an insane damage boost. Like 20% more DPS on your PoB. Just something to keep in mind.

And a question about mechanics. Does General's Cry replace the mirages from the previous cry? Meaning, do I have to take care with timing, so I don't replace the mirages before they released their BF?

We can use those extra 2 points for cluster jewels so not weird at all. People do that all the time.

I was just using vaal ancestral warchief and I don't think this build needs more damage.

I think they got time to finish their attacks and it happens like in a second so I wouldn't worry about timing.

Oh I know, I was talking on the high end. I think at level 96 or so you will really struggle to find 2 passives on the tree that will beat Alira. Cluster jewels included. But I will see how it goes, its not expensive to switch around after all.

Yea, definitely doesn't need more damage. Was just a thought that if those links could be found, it would be a pretty good use for them. But after I took a look, I gave up on it. Nothing can really be dropped that would be worth it.

And yea, once I got some more attack speed it became obvious that they finish their channel with no problems before the next summon.

And finally, I had my concerns too about survivability. But I just did a corrupted T15 with 140% quant and some juicy mods deathless, at level 74 with 3300 life, very questionable gear, no uber lab and a level 43 weapon with like 270 DPS. So I think the concerns are not needed, at least for softcore :D

Also, for such a single target heavy build that absolutely obliterates bosses, the clear speed is totally fine.

Also, what are you thinking for enchant? Lot of good stuff. General's Cry cooldown and +1 mirage, Berserk rage loss and buff effect, maybe BF area.

Tending towards +1 mirages, it should have all others beat, 2nd best would be Berserk buff effect I think.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 22, 2021, 6:03:49 AM
Is there a downside to spamming the cry? Does it cancel warriors before they get to 6 stages and release? In the videos I saw that it was on left click so just wanted to make sure.

EDIT: The answer is mostly likely that they have time to release 6 charges. Also I see the question asked above now, sorry.
Last edited by Zalmoxas on Jan 22, 2021, 7:38:21 PM
"
Zalmoxas wrote:
Is there a downside to spamming the cry? Does it cancel warriors before they get to 6 stages and release? In the videos I saw that it was on left click so just wanted to make sure.

Don't wanna be rude, but the thread has like 11 comments. And your question has been answered one or two comments above you.

To answer your question, no. They usually have enough time to get to 6 stages. Even more so as soon as you get the Blitz charges in Uber Lab. But even before you really want to have it on left click and have it always pressed and shouting.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 22, 2021, 4:13:54 PM
Any ideas on how to level this build? what's the optimal skill to use?

And what would the priority items be for the build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info