[3.16] General's Cry Blade Flurry Build | Berserker | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Wanted to drop by and say I've been playing since beta and this is one of my favorite builds ever.

Was able to destroy all content. Was one of my favorite 100% Delirious farmers.

Mapping was decently zoomy with explode and headhunter. Was a delight. Thank you OP.

"

Will be playing this again next league if it's not nerfed. Would love a section talking about playing this as a laguestarter.
livejamie
"
Iwasacashew wrote:
"
wiwigvn wrote:
Wow I am also bored of my bane pf, and am considering this build too. Could you share some experience and perhaps budget advice? I have less than 50 ex and not sure that's enough to phase Maven easily?

This build does do pretty insane damage even at low gear. IMO phasing maven instantly isn't required, but you can certainly get to the point where she gets 1-2 abilities off.
I killed her by basically sacrificing a life to each memory phase.

Things I've learned:

-Explodey Chest helps if you have it for some other reason, but since it only triggers if you kill something with cyclone, it's hardly necessary (I was ground slam before)

-Fortify Boots are nice, but if you've got a good pair already and just want to try this out, fortify in the links is fine.

-Cluster Jewels are important, but they're not too expensive. Furious Assault/Iron Breaker/Master the Fundamentals is ~80c, Kitava's Teachings is like 2c, and Some combination of Unwavering Focus/Precise Focus/Mob Mentality/Warning Call/Lead by Example wasn't too bad for me either.

-The rest is just Generic Rares which you can upgrade over time if you feel like this is for you. Diedbellow is a great budget helm, for eg.

You can make a shopping list with everything you need and price it out, but my gut tells me you'll be fine unless "less than 50 ex" means like 2 :P

Thanks a lot. Haha of course I mean real close to 50 ex, I can farm and pay more but at least I need something to work reliably at end game first. Im leveling now with basic hollow palm + random melee skill.

Abyssus with enchant is so pricey, but it seems many run rare helm with enchant. I wonder which option is better, non enchant abyssus or enchant rare helmet?

When do you think I should respec to the main setup?
Last edited by wiwigvn on Mar 13, 2021, 7:39:46 AM
Leveled up the Champion version of this. Just starting to get into maps but how are you supposed to utilize Berserk and generate rage if on the Champion? I'm trying to learn the play style. Do we use Blood Rage for mapping or just on the boss?
"
wiwigvn wrote:
"
Iwasacashew wrote:
"
wiwigvn wrote:
Wow I am also bored of my bane pf, and am considering this build too. Could you share some experience and perhaps budget advice? I have less than 50 ex and not sure that's enough to phase Maven easily?

This build does do pretty insane damage even at low gear. IMO phasing maven instantly isn't required, but you can certainly get to the point where she gets 1-2 abilities off.
I killed her by basically sacrificing a life to each memory phase.

Things I've learned:

-Explodey Chest helps if you have it for some other reason, but since it only triggers if you kill something with cyclone, it's hardly necessary (I was ground slam before)

-Fortify Boots are nice, but if you've got a good pair already and just want to try this out, fortify in the links is fine.

-Cluster Jewels are important, but they're not too expensive. Furious Assault/Iron Breaker/Master the Fundamentals is ~80c, Kitava's Teachings is like 2c, and Some combination of Unwavering Focus/Precise Focus/Mob Mentality/Warning Call/Lead by Example wasn't too bad for me either.

-The rest is just Generic Rares which you can upgrade over time if you feel like this is for you. Diedbellow is a great budget helm, for eg.

You can make a shopping list with everything you need and price it out, but my gut tells me you'll be fine unless "less than 50 ex" means like 2 :P

Thanks a lot. Haha of course I mean real close to 50 ex, I can farm and pay more but at least I need something to work reliably at end game first. Im leveling now with basic hollow palm + random melee skill.

Abyssus with enchant is so pricey, but it seems many run rare helm with enchant. I wonder which option is better, non enchant abyssus or enchant rare helmet?

When do you think I should respec to the main setup?

Personally a +1 minion normal helmet is enough. You don't really need a +1 Abyssus in order to instant phase bosse. Also Abyssus makes build squishy, remember that we don't really invest in defenses on Passive Trees, only more damage, less warcry cooldown and life. (Warcry cooldown is really important for this build, even in PoB it shows no difference in DPS)

And yeah 50ex is already more than enough to destroy all bosses.
"
d373rmined wrote:
Leveled up the Champion version of this. Just starting to get into maps but how are you supposed to utilize Berserk and generate rage if on the Champion? I'm trying to learn the play style. Do we use Blood Rage for mapping or just on the boss?

You can get chainbreaker with timeless jewel. I'm playing as a Champ also and always using BloodRage. For trash mobs, it doesn't matter. For boss, activate both Berserk and Bloodrage at the same time can boost your DPS to really high, also Berserk gives ton of life regen that can compensate HP lost by Bloodrage.
"

Personally a +1 minion normal helmet is enough. You don't really need a +1 Abyssus in order to instant phase bosse. Also Abyssus makes build squishy, remember that we don't really invest in defenses on Passive Trees, only more damage, less warcry cooldown and life. (Warcry cooldown is really important for this build, even in PoB it shows no difference in DPS)

And yeah 50ex is already more than enough to destroy all bosses.

Thanks. Forgot to pick up the cooldown node first. Fun and strong build even though I've just reached map.

I found the abyssus, surprisingly, not as rippy as I remember, maybe thanks to berserk uptime, fortify, infused channeling, among others. At least as long as I keep my distance and cyclone awaaaaay.

Maybe at end game if I cannot stand the rippiness, I will craft/buy some enchanted rare helm. I cheaped out on the paradoxica so I picked up cheap hunter gloves to cap impale chance.
Hey guys I love the build so far. I must say I have switched to this from the Glad/God flicker build.

I'm currently a Berserker on it with nearly min-maxed items, i'm using Lacerate for mapping, lab, and generally everything, and Blade flurry on bosses. I just want some clarifications:

1. Does Attack speed really affect the generals? I'm askin because in the YT guide of Badger, he mentioned that you don't need attack speed at all.

2. If ever I use Flesh and Stone+ Maim...
Does the AoE of Flesh and Stone affect the general's attack, and subsequently apply maim as they unleash their skills or do the enemies need to be within the AoE?

Thanks guys!
Hey and thanks for the interesting build.

Could you outline pros and cons between Berserker vs Chieftain? I have a lvl 88 Chief and I am unsure whether to switch him.
for helmet enchant, I think Berserk effect is better
<redacted>

reason: nvm
Last edited by dudeitstimetotwerk on Mar 20, 2021, 5:49:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info