[3.15] Curse by Walking Cursebot | 9 Curses with x3-5 Curse Effectivness | Occultist

"
IceMagma wrote:

Yeah i dont mind i have some questions about the choices you made though. You arent using Molten Shell instead of Steelskin because your Discbot doesnt run Divergent Determination and Grace? Same kinda Question about Vaal Discipline, with a Pathfinder MFer you should already have permanent uptime on Vaal Discipline through the Soul Catcher Unique Flask? An optimization i could see is dropping the 2 jewels sockets you are pathing to for the Curse Effect Abyss Jewels, taking Cursed Concoction would provide you with 10% Curse Effect instead of 6% and would leave you with an extra skillpoint. Another DPS boost you could bring to the party would be a Sigil of Power gives decent amount of Flat Lightning Damage. You also forgot to mention in the video that Doedre's Skin reduces the Curse Effect of Socketed Curses by 25%

Highly appreciated insight and questions:
First of all, we are running Magic Find oriented party (5man atm) with Southbound DPSer and MF Culler so:

1) Molten Shell - if You would use this in the party, You would ocasionally kill some mobs or freeze them (through Frostbite) and Your DPSer would kill them afterwards. Which any of those You don't want to happen, You want Your MFer to kill everything.
Same issue if You have a DMG dealing enchant on Your gloves - so keep that in mind.

2) Vaal Discipline - Our MF Pathfinder runs Supreme Ego, so his Discipline does not affect the rest of us, probably not the most efficient way for the party, but for some reason he was dying a lot and this helped. So we all run Vall Disc and try to rotate it between us.
Also I have a potato PC, so I use the Discipline for myself together with Purity of Elements so I don't get instakilled and can pop Vall Disc for myself when my party runs too fast/slow or I get stuck somewhere alone.

3) Cursed Concoction - missed that notable entirelly, on my lvl (95) and without Voices I have enough points to spec into it and even keep the abyss jewels. Thanks for pointing it out.

4) Definitely will try the Sigil of Power out, maybe even Frost Shield, that might be nice if all the supports run it.
Last edited by jaksna on May 14, 2021, 6:26:09 AM
"
jaksna wrote:

Highly appreciated insight and questions:
First of all, we are running Magic Find oriented party (5man atm) with Southbound DPSer and MF Culler so:

1) Molten Shell - if You would use this in the party, You would ocasionally kill some mobs or freeze them (through Frostbite) and Your DPSer would kill them afterwards. Which any of those You don't want to happen, You want Your MFer to kill everything.
Same issue if You have a DMG dealing enchant on Your gloves - so keep that in mind.

2) Vaal Discipline - Our MF Pathfinder runs Supreme Ego, so his Discipline does not affect the rest of us, probably not the most efficient way for the party, but for some reason he was dying a lot and this helped. So we all run Vall Disc and try to rotate it between us.
Also I have a potato PC, so I use the Discipline for myself together with Purity of Elements so I don't get instakilled and can pop Vall Disc for myself when my party runs too fast/slow or I get stuck somewhere alone.

1) I know how MF parties work but Molten Shell really shouldnt clash that much with it. The explosion has a very small radius and would only deal Fire and Chaos Damage. You do have 100% Freeze Chance from Frostbite but you still need to deal Cold Damage to apply a freeze so it couldnt be used for that.

2) Try using Level 21 Purity Auras in the Alphas Howl of your Aurabot, that should get you to 90% All Res instead of the 86% you mentioned this should get rid of that problem. Another way to scale defense would get a Six-Link Grace and Divergetn Determination Setup on your Discbot this should give your Party 100k-200k Armour pretty reliably. Alternativly you could get a Strenghtbot, doubeling Armour, Evasion and Energy Shield requires near to no investment and is pretty insane.
"
IceMagma wrote:

1) I know how MF parties work but Molten Shell really shouldnt clash that much with it. The explosion has a very small radius and would only deal Fire and Chaos Damage. You do have 100% Freeze Chance from Frostbite but you still need to deal Cold Damage to apply a freeze so it couldnt be used for that.

2) Try using Level 21 Purity Auras in the Alphas Howl of your Aurabot, that should get you to 90% All Res instead of the 86% you mentioned this should get rid of that problem. Another way to scale defense would get a Six-Link Grace and Divergetn Determination Setup on your Discbot this should give your Party 100k-200k Armour pretty reliably. Alternativly you could get a Strenghtbot, doubeling Armour, Evasion and Energy Shield requires near to no investment and is pretty insane.

Sadly our party does not have Disc bot, coz our Mana Guardian is too stubborn to switch...

Some of our todays runs:
5man T12 Tower 40% Delirious - https://youtu.be/ObG9lF72HGM
5man T12 Trialmaster - RIP my loot? - https://youtu.be/ng30fPpapXA
5man T12 Tower 60% Deli Monstrous Treasures - https://youtu.be/3L2EUjD3N1M

Made a few changes to the build:
1) got new belt (for Str and Dex), so I could get rid of the Str and Dex Notables and pick the aforementioned Cursed Concoction notable.

2) got rid of Vulnerability curse. Consulted this with Empyrian as well and as it seems, the bleed that is applied through the curse is considered as if the cursebot applied it, thus if something dies coz of the bleed, the kill does not go towards the MFer (similar situation as with Punishment).

3) put Frost Shield into the build - boosts survivability a lot.
Tried the Sigil of Power, but I have the issue that I don't spend enough mana fast enough to charge it up quickly.
Thus I decided to take the Frost Shield insted and also convinced DPS and MFer to run it as well, so we have 3 Frost Shields now. It is instant cast, so thats another QoL thing which Sigil of Power lacks.

4) our MFer got rid of Supreme Ego, so now we have that Vall Discipline "almost always" from him.

Current build: https://pastebin.com/Lp0sufw7
Last edited by jaksna on May 14, 2021, 5:50:24 PM
"
jaksna wrote:

2) got rid of Vulnerability curse. Consulted this with Empyrian as well and as it seems, the bleed that is applied through the curse is considered as if the cursebot applied it, thus if something dies coz of the bleed, the kill does not go towards the MFer (similar situation as with Punishment).

3) put Frost Shield into the build - boosts survivability a lot.
Tried the Sigil of Power, but I have the issue that I don't spend enough mana fast enough to charge it up quickly.
Thus I decided to take the Frost Shield insted and also convinced DPS and MFer to run it as well, so we have 3 Frost Shields now. It is instant cast, so thats another QoL thing which Sigil of Power lacks.

4) our MFer got rid of Supreme Ego, so now we have that Vall Discipline "almost always" from him.

2) Does your MFer even deal physical damage? Cause if they dont then that shouldnt be a problem (we never have the ability to deal phys we usual convert it) only Physical hits can apply bleeds, but the "Ailments Inflicted on Cursed Enemies deal Damage 20% Faster" can be very useful for both Poison Prolif and Ignite.

3)Sigil of Power is only really good if you spam your Mark really otherwise yeah its not that useful.

4)Why only "almost always" you should have 100% uptime
"
IceMagma wrote:

2) Does your MFer even deal physical damage? Cause if they dont then that shouldnt be a problem (we never have the ability to deal phys we usual convert it) only Physical hits can apply bleeds, but the "Ailments Inflicted on Cursed Enemies deal Damage 20% Faster" can be very useful for both Poison Prolif and Ignite.

3)Sigil of Power is only really good if you spam your Mark really otherwise yeah its not that useful.

4)Why only "almost always" you should have 100% uptime

This is our MFer atm: https://pastebin.com/uJxBRVde
As You can see, he can't afford any type of conversion to achieve those levels of Increased Quantity (132%) and Rariry (542%).
ATM hes trying out Ethereal Knives, Sparks were good, but sometimes felt clunky in areas with ledges (like Alva Incursions).
The best skill for MF is probably Kinetic Bolt, but with EK we experience better performance FPS wise.
Also both, our DPS and MFer, are using Elemental Focus, so they don't inflict any ailments to not screw Southbounds.
Coz it screwed us a lot for example when our MFer was using Exploding wand, the explosion from it can't be supported by ele focus and thus can inflict freeze. By this simple thing (freezing through explosions), the loots from maps were significantly lower than in the videos.

According the Vaal Discipline, we just need more experience, sometimes happens that MFer uses flask too fast and does not generate enough charges from the remaining monsters to use them again and so on.
Great guide, thanks!

Just one thig with Occultist build. We have:
1 default curse
1 from ascendancy
1 from Whispers of Doom
1 from Cospri's Will
1 from Windshriek
1 from Vixen's Entrapment
1 from ammulet corruption
= 7
And we have aura hexes and assasin's mark. If we put 1 Replica Doedre's Damning we are fine, but if we put another, do we get another curse somewhere or do we turn off one curse?
"
srecko wrote:
Great guide, thanks!

Just one thig with Occultist build. We have:
1 default curse
1 from ascendancy
1 from Whispers of Doom
1 from Cospri's Will
1 from Windshriek
1 from Vixen's Entrapment
1 from ammulet corruption
= 7
And we have aura hexes and assasin's mark. If we put 1 Replica Doedre's Damning we are fine, but if we put another, do we get another curse somewhere or do we turn off one curse?

In the Chaos version you are only using 4 Curses: Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, Despair and Assassin's Mark so you can even chose to not take one of the extra Curse sources when using 2 Replica Doedre's Damning. The best choice would be either Vixen's Entrapment or the Jinxed JuJu, they are both good Item Slots that can be theoretically be used for something else.
Hi, I want to try this with two friends. One of the them is playing forbidden rite and the other is playing some poison build.

Maybe I should play an aurabot would be better for defenses, but this seem fun to improving both DPS with the huge despair and temporal chains (and enfeeble is nice). It is just a simple party with two carries.

I have a doubt. If I follow the Heretic's Veil + chaos setup I have a lot of gem slots free. What do you recommend me. Maybe some skill with culling strike and item rarity? Maybe I could somehow add some aura for them?

Thanks.
Last edited by haitike on Jul 28, 2021, 8:44:19 AM
"
haitike wrote:
Hi, I want to try this with two friends. One of the them is playing forbidden rite and the other is playing some poison build.

Maybe I should play an aurabot would be better for defenses, but this seem fun to improving both DPS with the huge despair and temporal chains (and enfeeble is nice). It is just a simple party with two carries.

I have a doubt. If I follow the Heretic's Veil + chaos setup I have a lot of gem slots free. What do you recommend me. Maybe some skill with culling strike and item rarity? Maybe I could somehow add some aura for them?

Thanks.

There are many things you can do in such a case and it also depends on what kind of content you want to do with your friends, generally speaking defense is what you should go for.
it may be a retard Q but what is the diff between veil and bow ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info