[NEW THREAD -> LINK BELOW] Facebreaker General's Cry Berserker - Insane Dps, Speedy boi

New Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3205155

This build is inspired by this youtube vid

Showcase(p.s they're kinda dark after uploading, sorry)
Spoiler
Minotaur: https://youtu.be/bI94e0sAWNk

Elder Guardian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwQNSp4vCpw

- Lil deadly lag there at the end but more than easy

Baran: https://youtu.be/HZoHlDBT6Zk

Sirus A5: https://youtu.be/nBSBt0BnNA4

-Death was avoidable, this is my 4th sirus kill ever and I need to learn his
moves.

However instead of cyclone we'll be using Earthshatter. I spent a lot of time creating this build and was blown away by how it performed. Definitely the most fun and powerful build I've played this league so far. Will be my next league starter as a Champion probably if it doesn't get changed.

POB

Spoiler
Budget: 55p, 78p, 96p
https://pastebin.com/fJfkHaN7

- I left in some key items from Glasscannon build as option which you upgrade to when ready.

Glasscannon:
https://pastebin.com/LL87X9BH

- feel free to change anything to your liking.

Bladestorm/Blade Flurry General's Cry with sword ~30 ex budget
https://pastebin.com/WpGeq0x2

Conclusion:

Spoiler
- Tried the sword build now for a while, using a 3ex 415 pDPS blade. Turns out Blade Flurry is best for single target dps with the sword setup. Bladestorm is the jack of all trades. But compared to Earthshatter with Facebreaker, nothing I've tested yet does more damage in practice. Even if I were to get a 100ex sword. Survivability will be a bit better, though. There's also room for maxing chaos res, since we're well over ele res.

As conclusion the sword build probably works smoother in really high levels on the sword setup, since more gems and life/chaos res. The earthshatter one if you like damage and stomping bosses. Still, I was able to do max lv heists and obliterate end game map content on both. They have almost the same skill tree so you can play 2 builds on 1 character if you want, including multiple skills which means you won't get bored.

How it works:

Spoiler
Earthshatter is absolutely insane with General's cry. We'll be summoning 5 times (6 times with enchant) the amount of spikes which we implode every 1.6 seconds. This results in huge chains which instakill lots of bosses. You could get the cooldown time down to a science so there's no downtime, but it's not necessary. Also Facebreaker means that this is massively scalable.

My support Cyclone - Desecrate setup can reach up to 3 Mil dps.

The Redblade Banner and War Bringer Ascendancy of the Berserker synergy is insane. Redblade Banner gives Warcries infinite power. We can almost permanently use Berserk, because War Bringer refills it each time we warcry and we have under 25 rage, and we warcry every 1.6s.

Cluster jewels are bonkers on this build. Mob Mentality for one allows us to have a permanent upkeep of all 3 charges. Free Onslaught. We'll also be getting over 30% chance to deal double damage with our generals, through a watcher's eye and clusters. Assuming they stack

The damage of this build can't really be calculated. The pob doesn't really take into account 5 general's attacking which in turn create 25 spikes at least which can all crit, aswell as the double damage from clusters.

Leveling

Spoiler
With facebreaker it's never been easier

At level 1:
- buy 1 Blackheart ring, 1 Praxis ring
- 2 Redbeak swords, Tabula Rasa robe, Lochtonial Caress gloves, Wanderlust/Seven-League Step boots, Karui Ward amulet, Meginord's Girdle Belt, Goldrim helmet

You'll basically use this setup until lv 16, when you can equip Facebreakers. Then proceeed with the same items, no swords tho. The flat physical from the 2 unique rings and Meginord's carries you easily.

At level 30 Buy a Deidbellow helmet and Redblade Tramplers boots. They're wonderful for this build (Free additinal perma Onslaught, flat phys), you'll be using them in maps too). Get the Redblade Banner shield aswell. Equip these when you can.

At level 38 you can already switch to General's Cry! You just need a 3 link Cyclone - Cast while channeling - Desecrate and in the best case a 6 link general's cry in tabula, but 4 links are enough. From this point on it's easy mode. be sure to get some Warcry passives and have the shield equipped by the time you switch over.

In the Budget version we only use uniques besides the rings and body armour

For the 2 Rings you'll want: Resistances, Life, Phys dmg to attacks (low roll works too, other stats are more important), dex/int, 450 accuracy on only 1(!) ring

Body Armour: A rare one with 120+ life, Res and Dex/Int

By the time you reach maps you should have skilled all passives in the tree that give resistances

Tips
Spoiler
- All the gem links will be in the POBs!

- Very important for this build to feel much better is to use a Divergent General's Cry. Your General's will gain 40% MS which is very noticable.

- Bind your General's cry to your left click

- Anomalous Earthshatter gives a 10% chance to create an additional fissure, and we'll always have 5 generals at minimum attacking.

LMK if you need any help! I'll consider doing a vid if someone is interested.
Last edited by joshuagress12345 on Jun 10, 2022, 5:44:11 AM
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2021, 11:43:16 AM
I did play Generals Cry this league as well. I do use Corpsewalkerboots however, which does work quite well and I simply don't like Cyclone (though I admit it probably is the best way to get corpses in play).

How would you build it with a Champion and on league-start without all the uniques? I tried mine in one of the private leagues and it felt to me that getting Warbringer-Ascendancy makes a big difference in damage, do you think Champion can compete with that?
"
Serdoa wrote:
I did play Generals Cry this league as well. I do use Corpsewalkerboots however, which does work quite well and I simply don't like Cyclone (though I admit it probably is the best way to get corpses in play).

How would you build it with a Champion and on league-start without all the uniques? I tried mine in one of the private leagues and it felt to me that getting Warbringer-Ascendancy makes a big difference in damage, do you think Champion can compete with that?

I've looked at the corpsewalkers, but the problem with them is that they won't really let you get all out of this build. We'd need to use a rare belt instead of Ryslatha/Headhunter so we cap resists. So I'd switch to rare boots with the cyclone setup.

About the champion, I'll have to see how the numbers look but I'm guessing it will be less damage, and more defense and slower. Damage should still be fine because of how general's cry and earthshatter interact + the impale ascendancy. As long as they don't change that, it should work out damage wise with the same items. But ofc berserker's damage is unmatchable which comes with some fewer defenses.

The thing i'm worried about is that the shield won't be as good, since we don't generate rage with it. We'd have to get a Bloodscent cluster or skip rage entirely. But we still want it for "Mob Mentality".

For leaguestarting you can start as dual wielding w swords. You could even go with General's cry - Bladestorm or use it yourself until you get the facebreakers. The budget build uses mostly 1c-5c uniques which should be obtainable pretty early. On League start try to get rings with flat phys/Life/res and a Meginord's belt. A deidbell, rare 4l - 5l armour. Amulet with flat phys/life/res and rare boots. Identify all murderous abyss jewels you find and look for flat phys/life. Then proceed upgrading from here on.
Added 2 video showcases. I'm sorry they're a bit dark after uploading, I don't usually record stuff.
Hello. This build looks very interesting and I've been meaning to try out a facebreaker build.

In the pob I can't see any enchant on the helm. What would you recommend we use?

Edit: Forgot to ask, what's your take on abyssus rather than deidbellow? Would we be too squishy if we used abyssus?
Last edited by Metaphyte on Nov 14, 2020, 8:52:10 PM
"
Metaphyte wrote:
Hello. This build looks very interesting and I've been meaning to try out a facebreaker build.

In the pob I can't see any enchant on the helm. What would you recommend we use?

Edit: Forgot to ask, what's your take on abyssus rather than deidbellow? Would we be too squishy if we used abyssus?

Hey appreciate your interest. The best enchant would "General's Cry has +1 to maximum number of Mirage Warriors". I haven't got the enchant yet, since its very expensive and rare on an abyssus. You can easily farm it with a Deidbellow and speeding through lab all day.

The abyssus multiplies our damage by ~x2 in the end. You could spec out of "Aspect of Carnage" and take "Flawless Savagery". Currently have 20k armour with lion's roar up and normal mapping never kills me. It's the bosses like minotaur with huge AOE phys attacks that are a danger. Also keep in mind that a lot of bosses use elemental attacks. In the end it's up to your preference though, at level 95 it kinda hurts dying, even if it's just once in a while.

Feel free to ask me ingame @DayvonBennet
Last edited by joshuagress12345 on Nov 15, 2020, 10:13:59 AM
Hi, is the Timeless jewel necessary for this build? not sure if I wanna grab it as a priority as the effect can be random. Thanks!
Hey, build looks real good!

Wanted to ask, why not go for Alira instead of 2 passives? We use crit, need the resists (if I want to drop and change to corpsewalker for example) at the cost of a couple of life nodes (that I could probably shore up on my rares somewhere)

"
Anticro wrote:
Hey, build looks real good!

Wanted to ask, why not go for Alira instead of 2 passives? We use crit, need the resists (if I want to drop and change to corpsewalker for example) at the cost of a couple of life nodes (that I could probably shore up on my rares somewhere)

Hey dude thanks for your interest! We need all the life on the tree we can get unfortunately. Corpsewalkers are really not necessary, since we don't need to have damage links on our cyclone. Also, we wouldn't be able to get "Cannot be frozen" on our boots, which is almost a must in late game.

On top of that, we can't get a unique belt, which means no Ryslatha or Headhunter

15% res doesn't do too much, aswell as the little bit of crit multi.

Hope I could help :)
gonna do champion version of this in flashback

I've gathered a decent gear so far, but as expected, mana regen is an issue
instead of concentrated effect, would it be better to use pulverise? concentrated effect also affect our warcry, giving it higher mana cost but also smaller radius
Last edited by DixuMixu on Dec 19, 2020, 9:40:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info