[3.18 PoB updated] Facebreaker General's Cry Berserker (Earthshatter)

Old Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2991031

3.18 POB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/mfKkvZz2

3.16 Notes:
Spoiler
The build is way tankier now but loses some dmg. Still about 10 mil in PoB with around 15 - 20ex gear. No crazy flasks or anything. 90% phys reduction, 24k armour w/o flasks, 78 ele res, huge Molten Shell.
By now taking the mana efficiency passives & masteries we can fit in 4 auras w/o enlighten.

Very nice to farm t16 scourged maps but it's still viable for all content. For most content you can still just run around in a circle with general's cry on your leftclick.
Earthshatter and Earthquake are interchangable, use Vaal EQ for better clear and Earthshatter for huge deeps. And note that my gear is in no way high end.

It's still the exact same build 4 leagues after, I'm kinda suprised tbh. But I'm not complaining.

3.18 Notes:
Spoiler

First and foremost, this is not really a league starter and requires an active playstyle. You need about 10-20ex to get it rolling.

I reworked a lot of the build to make it not instantly rip in current PoE. We got more damage and more defense, still as zoomy, but it's a bit more expensive to reach that comfortable level. Although I would have liked to somehow get full ele immunity. Which is why we go crit immune to not instantly get oneshot. But still every single boss, maven'd or anything, is trivial, and mapping feels great. We run over sentinel mobs and rares just like any other white mobs.

Also this time we abuse Divergent Pulverise, which gives +20% more damage but 10% less attacks speed. The -atk speed doesn't affect us due to the nature of earthshatter + general's cry. I think I found the perfect amount of Warcry cooldown recovery to not lose DPS. We got brittle implicit on our boots, which is a nice dmg increase. Mind you if you don't have the "additional general" helmet enchant, you will have to go take the 2 minor warcry cd recovery nodes of "Deep Breaths" I didn't skill.

Before you buy all your rare gear, be sure to skill the resistance nodes and the one +30 dex one (If you don't have dex on boots!), so you don't mess up the res/attributes.

For rings you'll have to watch out to get 1 unsocket one and 350+ accuracy on both. We need a bunch of res and attributes. Atleast 40-50+ int and dex. use Intrinsic Catalysts if you are short by a bit. If you can fit phys to attacks, that's a big dmg increase. And to make it feel more comfortable, have one of these rings have an open suffix so you can craft "-# to non channeling skills" on it or get one that already has it.

Using Forbidden Flesh/Flame we get "Aspect of Carnage" for maximum damage.

This is definitely no hardcore build, you will get oneshot from time to time, and after death effects can be a pain in the ass like for any non-gigatank.

Quick leveling tips:
Spoiler

I included a "General's cry swap" tree for the earlier levels.

You can swap to Earthshatter/general's cry from level 38, which is when you unlock cast while channeling.

4 link Cyclone, CwC, Desecrate, Life gain on hit. 6 link on tabula Eartshatter, General's Cry, Melee phys, Brutality, Impale, Pulverise. Precision + Dread Banner + any auras you like. And you're good to go. The only prerequisite is skilling the "Deep Breaths" node with the cd recovery, which is right next to our start.

For gear you wear, Tabula Rasa/Any 6l levelling chest, Ryslatha's Coil belt, Deidbellow helmet, Rigwald's Curse amulet, Praxis/Blackheart rings, Redblade Banner shield and of course Facebreaker's gloves. And at lv 46, if you don't use Seven League Steps and want more damage, go for Redblade Trampler boots.

Most importantly: Put General's Cry on your left click and skill "Call to Arms"!

FAQ:
Spoiler
Why are you using rigwald's curse?
A: So we get the base crit chance of 7%. Without it, we could never crit. It also means we can get + physical damage to claws on our jewels in addition.
Rigwald's sadly cannot be anointed.

Any replacements for Loreweave?
A: This league I'm using a rare chest with +atk crit and additional curse. Using poacher's mark in addition nets me about +20% more damage in comparison to Loreweave. But Loreweave is pretty much BiS until you get a decent rare chest.

Any minmaxing for this build?
A: Due to the nature of this build having a lot of BiS uniques, minmaxing is a bit more difficult. You can look to get some insane steel rings with double phys to attacks, with high dex/int and resistances. Elusive/Tailwind boots with brittle implicit are another very expensive goal.

The rare chest should have atleast +atk crit and additional curse, but the top end chests go for hundreds of ex if you want to farm that. An insane Watcher's eye will net you a big dmg increase, as does Bottled Faith. And of course, a Mageblood would make this build absolutely insane, but I haven't managed to get me one yet. Also, headhunter is very viable on this build for mapping.
Last edited by joshuagress12345 on Jun 12, 2022, 7:51:14 AM
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2022, 9:57:44 AM
I would love to see a leveling tree just to see priority of abilities and such. Thanks for posting this btw, super interested in it!
This may be a stupid question, but is there a reason why you use the Rigwald's Curse amulet, i know it benefits claw nodes of which we pick up none?
Is it merely to give our unarmed attacks Critical chance (because they don't come with crit chance naturally)?
"
This may be a stupid question, but is there a reason why you use the Rigwald's Curse amulet, i know it benefits claw nodes of which we pick up none?
Is it merely to give our unarmed attacks Critical chance (because they don't come with crit chance naturally)?

Unarmed attacks can't crit without Riggy's ammy.
Can you recommend an to use instead of Loreweave?
Do you have any recommendations for pantheons, amulet anointments, and higher-end gear progression & goals?
"
Old Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2991031

3.18 POB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/cXtjq7c9

3.16 Notes:
Spoiler
The build is way tankier now but loses some dmg. Still about 10 mil in PoB with around 15 - 20ex gear. No crazy flasks or anything. 90% phys reduction, 24k armour w/o flasks, 78 ele res, huge Molten Shell.
By now taking the mana efficiency passives & masteries we can fit in 4 auras w/o enlighten.

Very nice to farm t16 scourged maps but it's still viable for all content. For most content you can still just run around in a circle with general's cry on your leftclick.
Earthshatter and Earthquake are interchangable, use Vaal EQ for better clear and Earthshatter for huge deeps. And note that my gear is in no way high end.

It's still the exact same build 4 leagues after, I'm kinda suprised tbh. But I'm not complaining.

3.18 Notes:
Spoiler
I reworked a lot of the build to make it not instantly rip in current PoE. We got more damage and more defense, still as zoomy, but it's a bit more expensive to reach that comfortable level. Although I would have liked to somehow get ele immunity. Which is why we go crit immune to not instantly get oneshot. But still every single boss, maven'd or anything, is trivial, and mapping feels great. We run over sentinel mobs and rares just like any other white mob.

Also this time we abuse Divergent Pulverise, which gives +20% more damage but 10% less attacks speed. The -atk speed doesn't affect us due to the nature of earthshatter + general's cry. I think I found the perfect amount of Warcry cooldown recovery to not lose DPS. We got brittle implicit on our boots, which is awesome and an optional "increased general's cry cooldown recovery", which is really not needed. Might even be better without. Mind you if you don't have the "additional general" helmet enchant, you will have to go take the 2 minor warcry cd recovery nodes of "Deep Breaths" I didn't skill.

For rings you'll have to watch out to get 1 unsocket one and 200+ accuracy on either one. We need a bunch of res and attributes. Atleast 40-50+ int and dex. use Intrinsic Catalysts if you are short by a bit. If you can fit phys to attacks, that's a big dmg increase. And to make it feel more comfortable, have one of these rings have an open suffix so you can craft "-# to non channeling skills" on it or get one that already has it.

If you can get white sockets on your chest you'll be able to swap in cyclone for single target, which deals about ~60mil dps according to PoB. Don't really know if that's more than Earthshatter does since it's almost impossible to determine its real DPS. But maybe it's worth some more testing.

This is definitely no hardcore build, you will get oneshot from time to time, and after death effects can be a pain in the ass like for any non-gigatank.

Anyways I really enjoyed this leagues iteration of this build, and I'll be moving on to my next one.

Quick leveling tips:
Spoiler

I included a "General's cry swap" tree for the earlier levels.

You can swap to Earthshatter/general's cry from level 38, which is when you unlock cast while channeling.

4 link Cyclone, CwC, Desecrate, Life gain on hit. 6 link on tabula Eartshatter, General's Cry, Melee phys, Brutality, Impale, Pulverise. Precision + Dread Banner and any other auras you like. And you're good to go. The only prerequisite is skilling the "Deep Breaths" node with the cd recovery, which is right next to our start.

For gear you wear, Ryslatha's Coil belt, Deidbellow helmet, Rigwald's Curse amulet, Praxis/Blackheart rings, Redblade Banner shield and of course Facebreaker's gloves. And at lv 46, if you don't use Seven League Steps and want more damage, go for Redblade Trampler boots.

Most importantly: Put General's Cry on your left click and skill "Call to Arms"!

FAQ:
Spoiler
Why are you using rigwald's curse?
A: So we get the base crit chance of 7%. Without it, we could never crit. It also means we can get + physical damage to claws on our jewels in addition.
Rigwald's sadly cannot be annointed.

Any replacements for Loreweave?
A: This league I'm using a rare chest with +atk crit and additional curse. Using poacher's mark in addition nets me about +20% more damage in comparison to Loreweave. But Loreweave is pretty much BiS until you get a decent rare chest.

Any minmaxing for this build?
A: Due to the nature of this build having a lot of BiS uniques, minmaxing is a bit more difficult. You can look to get some insane steel rings with double phys to attacks, with high dex/int and resistances. Elusive/Tailwind boots with brittle implicit are another very expensive goal.

The rare chest should have atleast +atk crit and additional curse, but the top end chests go for hundreds of ex if you want to farm that. An insane Watcher's eye will net you a big dmg increase, as does Bottled Faith. And of course, a Mageblood would make this build absolutely insane, but I haven't managed to get me one yet. Also, headhunter is very viable on this build for mapping.

Updated my build for 3.18 and tried to answer some of the questions.
Last edited by joshuagress12345 on Jun 9, 2022, 10:06:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info