[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

Hey there, the pastebin link for POB is not working, I get an error message : https://i.imgur.com/grOq8gF.png

I found your character "Convulsions" which I believe is the character of your build but I don't see the Megalomaniac jewel in the skill tree.
Last edited by MeTeC on Nov 26, 2020, 1:55:22 PM
"
MeTeC wrote:
Hey there, the pastebin link for POB is not working, I get an error message : https://i.imgur.com/grOq8gF.png

I found your character "Convulsions" which I believe is the character of your build but I don't see the Megalomaniac jewel in the skill tree.

The pastebin works for me. If you are not using the community fork version of PoB, that might be the reason.
Megalomaniac is socketed near Minion Instability. You should be able to see it.
What's the best way to craft the scepter?
is it possible to league start as this ? or what build is suggested for an easy transition?
Not really. You can use Bl with mines or with something like spellslinger.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
SellingmySoul wrote:
What's the best way to craft the scepter?

The crafting process is already explained in the gear section. It's almost impossible to craft the same sceptre as mine, but that's fine. A sceptre with %AS, %crit chance, and spell damage mods is already pretty good.

I also hope the harvest crafting in the next league will make the crafting easier.
"
blacklore wrote:
is it possible to league start as this ? or what build is suggested for an easy transition?

It is possible to do league start with this build, but I wouldn't recommend playing CoC during the storyline. In the Mayhem event, I started as spellslinger BL/wave of conviction and transitioned to CoC BL later. You can find my final gear in the second post.
Hi N0easy, thanks for the guide. I played your Mjolnir version, I played the second iteration with scepter, so I will most likely play this as well because CoC BL is one of my my favorite builds. Here is the thing, my assassin version of it got nearly super optimized. About 11k ES, close to 700% crit multi, same setup with awa hex touch on vortex as here, same arcane surge setup with dash, Vaal RF and so on. A lot of harvest crafted gear, all together it’s probably worth couple mirrors easy. I’ll throw a POB in the other guide later.

How much better this build can be than assassin, knowing that I’ll never get triple crit multi jewels with 7%life, never get 6xt1 items in pretty much every slot? Harvest is coming back but the implementation of it is far far away from what we had in the league, so I know that it will be not realistic to achieve anything near that without obscene amount of currency.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
Hi N0easy, thanks for the guide. I played your Mjolnir version, I played the second iteration with scepter, so I will most likely play this as well because CoC BL is one of my my favorite builds. Here is the thing, my assassin version of it got nearly super optimized. About 11k ES, close to 700% crit multi, same setup with awa hex touch on vortex as here, same arcane surge setup with dash, Vaal RF and so on. A lot of harvest crafted gear, all together it’s probably worth couple mirrors easy. I’ll throw a POB in the other guide later.

How much better this build can be than assassin, knowing that I’ll never get triple crit multi jewels with 7%life, never get 6xt1 items in pretty much every slot? Harvest is coming back but the implementation of it is far far away from what we had in the league, so I know that it will be not realistic to achieve anything near that without obscene amount of currency.

Hi, thanks for the comment.
I think the Assassin version has two problems:

1) stun and desync when stunned
2) lack of spell damage mitigation (you can't face tank Sirus' die beam)

Back when the Assassin build was made, these two problems didn't exist because it was before the cyclone nerf and the introduction of Sirus. The game has changed since then, and as a result, Assassin is not the best class to play CoC BL anymore. while you can be immune to stun as an Assassin, the cost of achieving it is too high.

The Scion version solved these problems without spending too much resources. In the end, the Sion version has slightly more DPS and AoE at the cost of some movement speed. In Ritual, I hope you can craft "elusive on crit" boots easily since it is the only crit mod on boots. If this is the case, the movement speed problem does not exist anymore.

Also, it is a lot easier to craft life gear using Harvest crafting than ES gear. While crafting two ES mods (% and flat ES) is not easy with Harvest, crafting a single life mod on an item is pretty easy. Thus, I believe that the introduction of Harvest crafting favors life-based builds, especially when availability of Harvest crafting is somewhat limited.

I will most likely play this build as a starter next league, which means that I can update this guide frequently to share my thoughts on the new league.
Do you make any changes to the skill tree when you transition from spellslinger BL to Coc BL ?

What ascendancy do you pick first ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info