[Old Thread] CoC Ball Lightning Ascendant

N0esy, thanks for the guide! I really enjoy how this build feels, but I also just love the concept. Going Scion with stuff like bone offering and the pathfinder flask benefits and all that. I had so much fun trying to plan out a budget-ish version (~10ex for me) based on how the build operates.

Recently made the switch over from levelling and I'm having a ton of fun. Still feel surprisingly squishy on burst damage even with max block, 50% evade, and all the life from block/hit/lightning dmg, but I'll chalk it up to low life for now (should have 6.5k+ES at lv95, only lv79 with 5k+ES now). I couldn't get the stun/elemental immunity on this budget so that might be a problem too, but we'll see!

Quick question. For the hextouch gems guide recommends:
(1) hex + vortex + conductivity + arcane surge, or
(2) awakened hex + vortex + conductivity + elemental weakness...

Conductivity/elemental weakness do nothing on PoB just from swapping the gems (probably a configuration thing, more?) so I can't compare easily... could I trouble anyone for a quick pros/cons between the two set ups? AS looks great for a direct damage boost on PoB, but who knows.

Would I not bother with the 2nd one unless I have awakened hextouch support?

Thanks again!
Last edited by zagrotho on Feb 4, 2021, 10:31:42 AM
"
zagrotho wrote:
N0esy, thanks for the guide! I really enjoy how this build feels, but I also just love the concept. Going Scion with stuff like bone offering and the pathfinder flask benefits and all that. I had so much fun trying to plan out a budget-ish version (~10ex for me) based on how the build operates.

Recently made the switch over from levelling and I'm having a ton of fun. Still feel surprisingly squishy on burst damage even with max block, 50% evade, and all the life from block/hit/lightning dmg, but I'll chalk it up to low life for now (should have 6.5k+ES at lv95, only lv79 with 5k+ES now). I couldn't get the stun/elemental immunity on this budget so that might be a problem too, but we'll see!

Quick question. For the hextouch gems guide recommends:
(1) hex + vortex + conductivity + arcane surge, or
(2) awakened hex + vortex + conductivity + elemental weakness...

Conductivity/elemental weakness do nothing on PoB just from swapping the gems (probably a configuration thing, more?) so I can't compare easily... could I trouble anyone for a quick pros/cons between the two set ups? AS looks great for a direct damage boost on PoB, but who knows.

Would I not bother with the 2nd one unless I have awakened hextouch support?

Thanks again!

Basically, you need awakened hex to be able to apply two curses simultaneously, otherwise you will be canceling one curse with another, zero benefit to it. So, if you don't have awa hex lvl 5, you stick with vortex that applies conductivity and generates arcane surge (for more spell damage). if you have awa hex lvl 5, than you do dual curse on vortex.

I still refuse to switch to this version from my assassin, but its just me bring stubborn.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
Basically, you need awakened hex to be able to apply two curses simultaneously, otherwise you will be canceling one curse with another, zero benefit to it. So, if you don't have awa hex lvl 5, you stick with vortex that applies conductivity and generates arcane surge (for more spell damage). if you have awa hex lvl 5, than you do dual curse on vortex.

I still refuse to switch to this version from my assassin, but its just me bring stubborn.

I hate to say this is the second time I got burned by the one curse limit! One day I will finally actually internalize this fact.

Thanks so much!
Last edited by zagrotho on Feb 4, 2021, 5:53:21 PM
By sheer luck I've ended up with a Militant Faith that converts Path of the Warrior into Cloistered.

It seems like the ailment immunity isn't all that useful any more though with how simple it is to get immunity off annoint/gear.

Anyone have ideas for how to leverage Cloistered and make it useful?
"
Vashezzo wrote:

Anyone have ideas for how to leverage Cloistered and make it useful?

If you have 60% chance to avoid being stunned from jewels, you can use "gain 10% of max life as extra maximum ES" on chest instead of the avoidance mod. You'll lose permanent immunity to elemental ailments though.
Hey, love the build and been trying to play again this season.
Tho ive been having trouble with bosses, dps seems too low and i am thinking that im missing something very important that im not seeing at all.

I know i need the spell block eventually on my shield and also the overlord that helps alot. Next thing prolly gonna be the Awakened CoC since my aps is too high for 0 atm.

So could you help me out and see what am i doing wrong?
https://pastebin.com/n7QGZZCR

Thanks in advance.

"
Ambur wrote:
Hey, love the build and been trying to play again this season.
Tho ive been having trouble with bosses, dps seems too low and i am thinking that im missing something very important that im not seeing at all.

I know i need the spell block eventually on my shield and also the overlord that helps alot. Next thing prolly gonna be the Awakened CoC since my aps is too high for 0 atm.

So could you help me out and see what am i doing wrong?
https://pastebin.com/n7QGZZCR

Thanks in advance.

1. As I stated in the guide, the easiest way to get CDR is from a belt. Awakened CoC is a lot more expensive and is a waste of currency unless you can have 52% CDR.
2. level 21 ball lightning.
3. gem links of Vortex.
One more PoB question. Seems to me like the 30% damage boost from Overlord doesn't work on PoB. Allocating the node doesn't affect DPS. Can you emulate it correctly by adding a "30% increased damage" line to your weapon? I'm trying to figure out the pros/cons of downgrading my 1H weapon (to get the right type) to get the fortify benefit.
"
zagrotho wrote:
One more PoB question. Seems to me like the 30% damage boost from Overlord doesn't work on PoB. Allocating the node doesn't affect DPS. Can you emulate it correctly by adding a "30% increased damage" line to your weapon? I'm trying to figure out the pros/cons of downgrading my 1H weapon (to get the right type) to get the fortify benefit.

Overlord doesn't increase spell damage. It is purely for defensive purpose.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
zagrotho wrote:

Overlord doesn't increase spell damage. It is purely for defensive purpose.

Oh that's too bad... I'm not sure if the weapon swap is worth it because both my damage and survivability are unexceptional and I've stretched my budget. Tricky. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info