3.13 Launch Delayed until January

So GGG is willing to delay a game cuz of a competing game but not willing to delay when they KNOW the league has issues/bugs and is unfinished? SPEAKS VOLUMES of incompetence.
This only shows the lack of confidence in your playerbase why they are playing your game.

This just proves that the reason your game has a substantial playerbase was that there's nothing else out there for them to play.

But when potential "competition" comes along you cowards & avoids them, because you knew most of them will choose the competition over your game.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
That's great news to me don't mind the haters, I'm sure a lot of people are grateful for it.
Last edited by TheMadHedonist on Oct 28, 2020, 11:07:59 PM
I would prefer 4 month leagues anyway. Not playing Cyberpunk but there are other games that I can play. Less pressure for those of us that have a life or work or both.
Censored.
you guys wait for 2077 too?
"
Chris wrote:
We do not want to put our players in a position of having to choose between these two games

Yeah, because every single PoE player is just oozing at the mouth for CyberPunk's release! Because it's a direct competitor, and even in the same genre!

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
4 months leagues is the best decision you made in years. Cyberpunk excuses are not even required, as the decision itself will give you more time to fix bugs and may be release a normal bug-free league for the first time in what, 2 years?

One can only hope
all about moniz
"
girng wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We do not want to put our players in a position of having to choose between these two games

Yeah, because every single PoE player is just oozing at the mouth for CyberPunk's release! Because it's a direct competitor, and even in the same genre!

A lot of players play multiple genres, I would say the majority do. I and many people in my POE Guild pre-purchased CyberPunk as well as many people I know. So yes, I think it will have a pretty sizeable impact on POE at their launch. Not to mention it is one of the most hyped games to come out in a pretty good while, that is not part of an existing franchise. People love fresh games and ideas.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
As someone who wont touch Cyberpunk I will take this delay but I expect the next league to have not a single bug / fps / crash problems .

.....who am I fooling ? the next league will be the same as the other ones, we (player base) will beta testing the first month of the league because you guys can't release and test it properly (yes, I play every league fully knowing this because I love the game)

Cheers,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info