[3.15] Saqawal's Twister | Easy/Unique Playstyle | All Content | Cheap Budget

Woooot finished all challenges and content with this build. Perfect for this league's mechanic :D
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
"
jonburroughs wrote:
Any thought toward adding a 6 link Vaal Blight to this setup? Could help with offense (20% inc damage) and defense (80% reduced movement) against bosses. With all the reduced skill effect duration we have, the soul gain prevention is pretty quick.

I tried going without Kaoms heart and it was a bit rippy, i think that flat life really just makes this at least able to take in one shots.
Last edited by LeknaatTrueRune on May 24, 2021, 10:12:07 PM
Lvl 93, I'm having fun with this build, I always liked walking simulator like Death Oath or HoT bomber.
Here's my gear and build:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/U8pd9K83

I will upgrade my gloves and boots for a better roll (I'm at 0.13s duration for the aspect atm)
I'm not sure if Wind Dancer is really needed, I could refund it and pick Growth and Decay instead.
Last edited by FullgtO on May 25, 2021, 4:28:38 PM
"
FullgtO wrote:
Lvl 93, I'm having fun with this build, I always liked walking simulator like Death Oath or HoT bomber.
Here's my gear and build:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/U8pd9K83

I will upgrade my gloves and boots for a better roll (I'm at 0.13s duration for the aspect atm)
I'm not sure if Wind Dancer is really needed, I could refund it and pick Growth and Decay instead.

I only took wind dancer when I hit level 97, but that was because I will be doing the trial master condition 4 and it requires some tanking without killing him until you fulfill the condition. But since i hit 100 i removed it and went to the normal route.

However i felt like i was surviving more when i had wind dance and the 4 life nodes with ailment avoidance. I rarely died from 97 to 100.
Is it possible to start this build with a 6ex budget?
"
Soske wrote:
Is it possible to start this build with a 6ex budget?

currently? possibly, itd definitely be bare minimum and probably wouldn't have the watchers eye if so
Seeing a bunch of people struggling with mana when using the 5-link setup before level 94+. Take out Precision guys. You lose at most 2% effective crit chance, which results in a tiny DPS loss, but if it enables you to use the 5-link setup in the staff you will easily come out with more DPS. In the end you want both of course but until you can do that, the rule is 5-link setup > Precision in my opinion.

Are people actually switching from GMP to Poison for bosses? I would assume that would only result in POB DPS being higher while actual ingame DPS is lower because of fewer poisons being stacked? Not to mention the worse life sustain? Or am I missing something?
Last edited by Mecielle on May 30, 2021, 2:52:09 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
Seeing a bunch of people struggling with mana when using the 5-link setup before level 94+. Take out Precision guys. You lose at most 2% effective crit chance, which results in a tiny DPS loss, but if it enables you to use the 5-link setup in the staff you will easily come out with more DPS. In the end you want both of course but until you can do that, the rule is 5-link setup > Precision in my opinion.

Are people actually switching from GMP to Poison for bosses? I would assume that would only result in POB DPS being higher while actual ingame DPS is lower because of fewer poisons being stacked? Not to mention the worse life sustain? Or am I missing something?

projectiles in the game do not shotgun, Each "volley" of projectiles you fire, only 1 can hit an enemy.

However, if a projectile bounces off a wall, it can then also hit the same enemy another of the same volley did.

Some bosses are not near walls to be able to do this, aka sirus, so it gives zero dps increase to have GMP or GV on vs poison, so yeah, poison is better when theres no chance to be able to shotgun
"
Supaspork wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

projectiles in the game do not shotgun, Each "volley" of projectiles you fire, only 1 can hit an enemy.

However, if a projectile bounces off a wall, it can then also hit the same enemy another of the same volley did.

Some bosses are not near walls to be able to do this, aka sirus, so it gives zero dps increase to have GMP or GV on vs poison, so yeah, poison is better when theres no chance to be able to shotgun

I know, but Frost Wall is a thing tho.

EDIT: Oh, didnt realize this guide doesn't even mention Frost Wall + Spell Cascade. I ran this like 8 months ago and that setup was used by everybody. I guess slotting in Poison instead does open up gem slots.
Last edited by Mecielle on May 30, 2021, 3:33:43 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Supaspork wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

I know, but Frost Wall is a thing tho.

EDIT: Oh, didnt realize this guide doesn't even mention Frost Wall + Spell Cascade. I ran this like 8 months ago and that setup was used by everybody. I guess slotting in Poison instead does open up gem slots.

frostwall does not block player projectiles since patch 2.4, to prevent this OP scenario, but with ice shot i believe :P

only helps to block mobs.

"Frost Walls created by you or your allies are now no longer considered enemies for the purposes of projectile collision detection (your projectiles will not collide with your own Frost Wall). This intentionally fixes the exploit case where a player stacks many Frost Walls around a boss and uses a skill like Piercing
Lightning Arrow
to trigger an excessive amount of hits."
Last edited by Supaspork on May 30, 2021, 7:48:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info