[3.15] Saqawal's Twister | Easy/Unique Playstyle | All Content | Cheap Budget

"
Supaspork wrote:

Yeah, kind of wondering if its gonna be a case where, chieftain is gonna end up being the better choice, it didn't really get touched, hard to say =\
Still would like to wait for patch notes tomorrow to just, look through it all, see if some things possibly got buffed that could help offset this as well

Yeah, I'm also looking into running the Chieftain version instead which makes me sad cause I was really looking forward to this one. Will also do some checks in PoB once I'm on my desktop computer again but it isn't looking good.
Last edited by Kessos on Jan 11, 2021, 6:42:36 PM
Hey Supaspork,

Love the build, excited for the league regardless of the nerfs. What are your thoughts on the new deadeye? Or maybe a scion with trickster/deadeye and the shadow final node thing too?

I haven't had the time to PoB it but it seems we could get a lower but still viable amount of DPS and some other utility that could be cool. Like the 8% action speed from tailwind.
Alternate Haste is probably nerfed as well per the Manifesto so be on the lookout for that. You may not reliably be able to hit the key breakpoint anymore.
After spending some time in PoB trying to gauge the severity of the nerfs, this is what we can expect:

Using the MinMax PoB from the original post of this thread.
Using a high-rolled, 20% quality Disintegrator.
Using a flask to simulate the changes to the ascendancy.

The changes will result in:

20% less damage(or, 80% of current damage).
9% reduced movement speed(from 212% to 203%, so we should still be fairly fast. While Elusive is at max power. Without Elusive, 142%)
10% increased damage taken from damage over time.
1% more attack dodge while Elusive is at max power(74% to 75%).
5% more spell dodge while Elusive is at max power(55% to 60%).
8% increased damage taken.
2% reduced damage taken while there are more than 2 unique or rare enemies nearby.

(As a side note, with a 30%, high-rolled Disintegrator the damage loss is 16%, or 84% of current damage)

So overall a pretty heavy nerf to the build, in every aspect. It should still be playable, but the nerf will definitely be felt. Since Elusive is also more powerful than before, you'd want to have Withering Step on left click to constantly refresh Elusive and keep it at high power.

"
Gescom wrote:
Alternate Haste is probably nerfed as well per the Manifesto so be on the lookout for that. You may not reliably be able to hit the key breakpoint anymore.

This could also be quite a heavy nerf to the top-end version of the build. In a way that isn't necessarily stated by numbers in PoB.

EDIT:
With patchnotes out, we now know that Phantasmal Haste is nerfed by 75%(SEVENTYFIVE). 25% of original value. Not sure what they're up to, 16 people above lvl 99 played the skill, enough to warrant a 75% nerf?

Last edited by Kessos on Jan 12, 2021, 3:57:12 PM
Well, they nerfed all alt auras as they said they would. There was probably abuse that bigger/scarier than this build, but that's probably a wrap if you now need even better rolled gear to hit worse breakpoints. Are we back to meme status?
Last edited by Gescom on Jan 12, 2021, 4:35:50 PM
"
Gescom wrote:
Well, they nerfed all alt auras as they said they would. There was probably abuse that bigger/scarier than this build, but that's probably a wrap if you now need even better rolled gear to hit worse breakpoints. Are we back to meme status?

3 people above lvl 99 used phantasmal haste and didn't use Saqawal stuff. I think the more likely explanation is that GGG just didn't actually give any thought to it and just nerfed all alt aura gems to 1/4 or 1/5 of their previous power.
Last edited by Kessos on Jan 12, 2021, 4:54:05 PM
rip Phantasmal Haste
Ugh
Last edited by MeneXCIX on Jan 12, 2021, 5:21:37 PM
With new inquisitor change to have 'Battlemage', anyone have any thoughts about maybe scaling the tornado dmg through the 'Instruments of Virtue' ascendancy? This effectively lets us use a different weapon other than Disintegrator, and can pick up a different weapon with double the flat pDPS.
"
yontbont wrote:
With new inquisitor change to have 'Battlemage', anyone have any thoughts about maybe scaling the tornado dmg through the 'Instruments of Virtue' ascendancy? This effectively lets us use a different weapon other than Disintegrator, and can pick up a different weapon with double the flat pDPS.

Ive thought about it, was curious if you could instead just use disintegrator, AND get the ascendancy for a double dip potential, if that works, thatd be the best bet, as you wont find any 2h with 1k+ top end dmg, even Marohi Erqi is 497-728 max at 20% qual.

edit: dont think it will stack, however, upon re-reading it, i don't think that only physical damage will count, and that elemental damage on the weapons will count too, so that will be interesting.

"
Gescom wrote:

D:

"
MeneXCIX wrote:
Ugh

^^^^
Last edited by Supaspork on Jan 12, 2021, 6:48:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info