[3.18] Knaekbroed's Elemental Hit Elementalist | Fast, tanky and high dps | Uber boss viable

You just have to try stuff for yourself really. The game doesn't follow your rules or ideas, it should be the other way around.

If you want to tank the beam, I recommend playing one of those 11K life Necros.

I tanked it only with pressing my life flask twice just in time. If part of it misses you, then it is ofc easier but it cannot be expected.

Some play this build with not even 5K life, I got 6.6K life and nearly 700 ES. You cannpt just say "the build does XY" when everyone has the freedom to make different choices. So go and try stuff out and establish yours :)

Edit: Chest is done (but for the divine) and Helmet got max chaos res...very sweet!

next upgrade are the jewels then :)
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Last edited by Carmondai89 on Feb 4, 2021, 5:36:21 PM
"
shadow2A wrote:
which one u offer for dual sowrd setup ? if i use +1 level gem still have i good tanki def ? or not turn to take more dmg but squishy?

As Carmondai89 said, just try it out. Path of Building is a nice tool to evaluate skills and gears.

I can give some thought for how I evaluate in this situation.

In this example, each Endurance Charge give 4% Phy Reduction. 3 of them means 12% of Phy Reduction.

Moreover, an extra level of Elemental Hit give me like 9% extra damage.

For my character, my chaos golem already gives me 46% of phy reduction and I have 40% to dodge attack. I usually don't die in map even I don't have endurance charge. So I will consider to get +1 Gem for more damage.

Comparing between damage and survivability which better is meaningless. PoE Build is all about balancing damage and survivability. It's a trade between them and there are no absolute correct answer. Everyone has their own playstyle and you may optimize your gear by experience.

Why not go into Glancing Blows (block) instead Acrobatics? What is the reason to wield shield ?

Also what about weapon enchantment? Quality as elemental damage?
Last edited by Ejdzej on Feb 5, 2021, 12:57:35 AM
"
Ejdzej wrote:
Why not go into Glancing Blows (block) instead Acrobatics? What is the reason to wield shield ?

Also what about weapon enchantment? Quality as elemental damage?

1) Because Glancing Blows utilizes existing block chance, which we do not have besides the shield. We have zero investment into block and spellblock. The passive tree may travel a bit, but Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics provide huge boosts to survivability.

Reason to wield shield: the only other option is dual wielding. Dual wielding Paradoxica does not stack, so either you do not use Paradoxica and go double Foils or you just get shield.
the shield provides some stats that are very helpful especially until endgame. Example:

Lot of Life, resists and possibly + to max res or ailment effect. And some block ofc. It's the easiest and more well-rounded option.

Dual wielding grants 10% more attack speed and 15% chance to block attack hits. effectively you'd be using 2 Foils with lots of attack speed, crit, crit multi and ele dmg with attacks. You can take Mathil's Ele Hit Zerker (Delirium it was I think) as an example then and use two Swords...it should work out on the higher end too.

2) Either Ele dmg or + to weapon range, whichever you prefer.
https://pastebin.com/yY5dF8Zx
Thats my last PoB fork tree. Pretty cheap setup.
I just followed idea mentioned few post before (yoke + Secrets of Suffering) + maxing block.
I sit at 16% spell block and 60% Attack block.
The problem is my attack rate is very low so my clearspeed suck. Probaby explodes are important too.

I dont have more currency to spent for now. Probably Ill move to Acrobatics as most players follow that way.

Any ideas what to upgrade first?
Well you have several iterations of the build available to build what you like...

Are you even sure Yoke can shock? Because Secrets of Suffering says "Cannot" inflict Shock, Freeze and Ignite.
What does work (I tried myself) is the Ascendancies. They say "always" shock etc. and override the Secrets of Suffering.
However, as I said, I tested it and it sucked. The reason your results are bad might also be a combination of low dmg, low attack speed and short ailment duration, so that you effectively do not gain any additional damage when it counts.

- get Megalomaniacs (2 would be ideal for a start) with Primordial Bond
- get a The Primordial Chain...we scale dmg through Golems. Number and buff effect. You cannot ignore that and expect the build to work
- use exactly 2 Primordial Eminence and one primordila chain. That's the sweet spot.
- get a Flask with crafted crit
- get better rings
- get better jewels and cluster jewels (cluster jewels maybe later)
- leave the block, it's just not effective!
- level your gems!
- there are a lot of smaller adjustments to be made later

Gloves, shield, Paradoxica, body armour seem fine.

Passive tree...well. Give up Glancing blows, saves 7 pts. Give up the STR jewel slot, that comes much later. Also you don't need immortal ambition just yet and neither that jewel slot.
That saves you 13 pts all in all. Then...you have 275 Dex and 2 allocated 30 dex nodes. And secrets of suffering. Replace that with a proper budget jewel and take the Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics nodes as the author pointed out.

All that should be possible with 1-2 ex of value. if you need ideas, take a look at the posted PoB or into our profiles. Mine is open and so is Caxerx's.
I just followed idea found in this thread so im not sure about anything. Done only 5 maps with this build. Doesnt feel smooth for now.

"
Are you even sure Yoke can shock? Because Secrets of Suffering says "Cannot" inflict Shock, Freeze and Ignite.

I think Yoke is used just for extra damage from different aliments. We can apply 3 (by Secrets of Sufering) and minions another 3.

Thanks for advices Carmondai89.

Ill upgrade and see what happens.

Last question about links to Elemental hit.

Mostly I see EH-Close Combat-Trinity-Elemental DMG-Multistrike (5th)
What to use as 6th support. Everyone use different.
I saw few:
-Inspiration
-Fortify
-Ancestral Call
What is best option for Bossing and Mapping? My testing is useless as my build still is not good.

----------
Another questions about auras.
Should use Haste if my gameplay isn smooth?
Last edited by Ejdzej on Feb 5, 2021, 4:50:56 PM
Best you use Awakened Ancestral Call for mapping.

For bossing, you can use Inspiration (I do), Ruthless or Fortify.

The Auras this build uses are Haste, Precision (low level!) and Aspect of the Spider (that one you can get later on). Possibly Clarity, as I do for lowering mana cost and smoothness.

Haste doesn't have the greatest of effects, but it's quite nice. Also you have the Vaal Haste buff ofc.

Also you will deal much more dmg when you get your last 2 Ascendancy points and also a Corrosive elements cluster jewel. Replace yours with Primatic Heart/Disorienting Display with a Corrosive Elements/Disorienting Display one.

A +2 minion helmet with minion life is also important, those cost around 1 ex and you should aim for it when you reach red maps.
Would you have a budget build for this?
Hey, thx for the build I'm actually switching on it from arc elem !
Was wondering, what do you think about divergent elem hit since it can give up to 30% more elem damage while normal elem hit give just 20% increase

And 2nd point, I'm new to the craft part of poe and I'm struggling with the craft of the crusader Astral plate with explode, how should i do it ?

Thx anw !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info