Is Heist Worth Playing?

After Harvest, the return to RNG heavy crafting is pretty noticeable. Instead of grinding towards the right items, you play the RNG lotto. Maybe you get lucky in 20 alterations, maybe it takes 1,500. Who knows?

Maps are same as always, maybe you get lucky and dont have problems with sustain, maybe you down 4 tiers and do maps with no possible benefit to you, experience, or loot except to get back where you were.

If you like that gameplay, play Heist. If not, don't.

Personally, I will not be playing until we get back to more deterministic progression. RNG is simply not fun unless you are the type who loves gambling mechanics. I prefer, I dont know, grinding toward something, which this game no longer is.
A Heist run is like an inferior mini map. Regular maps are more fun in my opinion. The problem is that the good part of PoE is kill-monsters-get-loot. With a Heist run you have a boring pass through the map collecting loot. Get to the end and then have to back track through the whole map maybe wasting some time killing a few monsters but mostly just getting out. So instead of kill-monsters-get-loot game play it is more get-loot-escape game play with half of it being back tracking.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Oct 18, 2020, 12:44:27 AM
I don’t think the op is asking in a serious manner. Why ask when one can just play it, for free. This thread is just another attempt to incite further “downvotes” on the league, which I don’t care for but it’s totally getting old. Yeah sure league is disappointing and unpolished, oh well move on, better luck next league and the ongoing GGG experiments.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
TRY IT. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE!!!

MY TIME!!!!!!!!!
would not recommend.

unless you have no issues with playing standard but without mirror tier items.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
I don’t think the op is asking in a serious manner. Why ask when one can just play it, for free. This thread is just another attempt to incite further “downvotes” on the league, which I don’t care for but it’s totally getting old. Yeah sure league is disappointing and unpolished, oh well move on, better luck next league and the ongoing GGG experiments.

Number 1, this is not a bait thread, i made this thread to get opinions on this league, on whether i should play it or not.

Number 2, i don't like wasting my time.

Number 3, I'm not here to incite "downvotes" i made it to act 9 and never got past it because of life and work.

Number 4, if your tired of it, then get the fuck out of here, i ain't asking your opinion.
"

Then don't play games at all.

There are plenty of opinions about the league by the way, like everywhere.
I wouldnt play this game if you value your time tbh. It's a huge time sink.

[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
"
Fapmobile wrote:
"

Then don't play games at all.

There are plenty of opinions about the league by the way, like everywhere.

That is a dumb opinion, i don't think playing games is a waste of time. If you got nothing better to do, leave this thread.
only thing i dislike is the one hits. maps with mods are much easier tbh and the chance to lose ur shit is making me stop. Imagine losing a mirror that way xD
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info