Is Heist Worth Playing?

Just wondering if i should play heist?
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2020, 7:38:52 AM
Best way, is try it for yourself.

I gave it a couple days, wasn't my cup of tea, but still plenty of people playing.
Ultimately you have to decide for yourself if you like it. I ran 10-15 heists and I find it boring.

You go in, you kill some guards that hide in the corners of every room and are hard to spot because it's not your usual big packs of mobs. Then your NPC partners keep opening doors for you while you just stand and wait, they also like to suddenly switch to fighting guards even if you clicked on the door 10 times. You open chests that raise your alarm level, and when you reached max alarm level from opening chests or grabbing the main artifact you have to make the grand escape. This is where the packs of mobs appear, but the exp from them is somehow so bad that if your build is tanky enough it's just better to ignore them and escape with all the loot you collected.

Despite the generous loot I find it boring to do something where you basically only open doors and chests. Plus it's separated from the maps. You know what else is separated from maps? Delve. And in comparison to Heist Delve not only has loot, but also a lot of mobs, rewarding exp, progression in terms of depth and upgrading stuff with Azurite, different encounters, hidden rewards in the dark.
If you like PoE, play Heist. If you don't like PoE, and need a specific type of league, created in your image to enjoy the game, you should try a few Heists with a fairly decent character and decide for yourself.

I like it.

And don't listen to people with 1 or 2 challenges telling you there is no loot. The loot can get insane in the end game, where you have far more chests than early game.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 17, 2020, 8:12:35 PM
"

No you should not play heist. Just play Zana missions.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
If you really love doors. To look hows they open. Small doors, large doors, Huge doors, animations. If you cannot live without waiting and watching this. Its taking about 65-70% of league gameplay time now. Too bad if you love it, it was nerfed alrdy, was like up to 90%.

If you love to land right near mission target, literally can see it sometimes on screen, but forced to run corridors to it for 5 minutes or so - on a circle way ofc, with overmazed tunnels with many deadends, end then double it, cuz you need to run a way back and and open same doooooooors, crushed and opened by your superslow and dumb NPC already before.. while taking tons of oneshots and cannot see incoming dmp and mass afterdeath effects on the ground thru amazin0g screenslutter...

If you love to gather coins on maps like in a perandus way: you get tons of them by small stacks: just click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click - every map, while OFC you being attacked on and offscreen and evadind loveny postdeath effects again, ofc, how without them? rly? There cannot be many postdeath effects, nonono, it is poe afterall.. And perandus showers! Perandus showers!

If you love no really added content, and get a reused one from the previous leagues mainly - considering this are rewards from the current league. Ofc making those leagues encounters irrelevant, cuz they nerfed long ago, but fresh leagues totally give more than em already even being so slow.

If you love not getting any additional monsters in maps and wherefore to starve in map drops by this.

Then definitely you should love the league.
A very!!
Last edited by DarkJen on Oct 17, 2020, 10:20:40 PM
TRY IT. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE!!!
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"

It's really bad.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
"
Acolina87 wrote:
"

It's really bad.

And why exactly ?
"

by now it actually should be playable so why not? imagine how bad it was for people who started on day 1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info