[2.0] Simple & Cheap 2-Handed Axe/Sword Cyclone Build

a1merc, level 54, resists are 65/40/66 (so still need improvement, but aren't catastrophically bad), tooltip Cyclone DPS is about 2000 with Hatred.

I think this build should be able to make it to endgame.
a3merc begins. Resists are overcapped, 2600+ health at level 60, 4250 tooltip DPS on a 4L Cyclone.

I think this character will be able to map no problem at the rate I'm going, especially if I come across a 5L. I'll save some Exa to buy one of the best swords later.

Thank you for posting this, Shimaran. I will recommend this build to any newbie who wants to play a Duelist, because this build is as simple as a Groundslam Marauder, and just as effective with minimal gear invested.
Last edited by K0nqueror on Apr 24, 2014, 11:17:43 PM
Beat Piety at level 61, facetanked Kole, only died twice in my run (once to desync/lag, once because I stood in front of Piety's Ice Spears doing nothing lol).
Last edited by K0nqueror on Apr 25, 2014, 8:26:13 PM
Some changes from me.

I started using Blood Rage, which is really nice. I will get 10% lifeleech from it at level 17 (haven't leveled it yet but got it to q20 today). I also started using Atziri's Promise unique flask which gives me a little bit more lifeleech and damage and caps my chaos resistance (I am at +43% normally).

I also got a new axe, which is a 6L (didn't need another 6L but all good axes are linked already). So I just put my Leap Slam in it aswell and use the helm for inc dura+blood rage+immortal call. I get 11s Immortal Call, which is really nice. I am also leveling Vaal Immortal Call so I can use it vs map dominus and difficult map mod bosses.

Other than that everything is awesome, I am level 87 with 7200 life and 30k dps (36k with flask). The DPS could be higher but I prefer tankiness and clear everything fast anyways. I've been doing 75+ maps solo and duo without any problems (also stuff like double-boss + monster damage + boss damage Shrine etc) I would like to try Atziri, but my computer is too bad for it (low fps so dodging stuff is very complicated).

My tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecEswUtCZYS4RQgFE0YkRjbGYUaOBpVGmwb-h0UIWAj9iSbJKol3ycvMok26DbpPfxAoEd-Sn1QR1XGVvpXDVfiWGNZ81n-Wkhbr18_YEthIWSjZU1mnmegah5yqXTtdPF673zZfPWAioM4hNmE74dqh3aKIozPj0aQVZBskc6ZK565ns2iAKQZpKynMKeEqBiplKvFrKq77byfvYHAGsCmwPPPZdDQ0iHdDeNq45_rCew47g7vDu987_DwH_Iv8932SPcy9033vvrS_In8xQ==

My gear:
Spoiler

As always my gems still need more levels and quality on a few of them (I level to 20 myself, then vendor and level again). I also want to get a better amulet and maybe 1 ring, but all the other gear is pretty set (except for helmet, might wanna get chaos res on it). I've been also trying to corrupt some gems, but failed so far.

My dreams:
Legacy Kaoms
+1 endurance charge belt
+1 max resistance amulet
ign: YongSook
Last edited by subtiiter on Apr 29, 2014, 8:04:04 AM
Just hit 25 playing this build.

I have a 4L with Cyclone, Blood magic, and LGoH.

It's hilarious watching my HP bar go Crazy. I have 577 HP max, and Cyclone takes 110 with lvl 1 Blood Magic gem.

Living life on the edge!

I love it though so far =)

Just felt like remaking my char on Ambush instead of my Standard char.

Its a great build =)
lvl 49 in cruel act 3 everything fine so far... doing some yolo stuns but otherwise im doing fine... btw vaal molten shell then yolo into a big group is just fun*10 :D

4more levels and i have a selffound 6s 4l http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bronn%27s_Lithe :D
should gimme tons of more armor :D
Hey man,

Im new and do not have much knowledge.
I saw your gameplayvideos and there you lose your mana capacity (Hatred).
If I use "Hatred" I lose a lot of life and not my mana.

Can you help me?

Best regars, Ninja
"
GoNinja3800 wrote:
Hey man,

Im new and do not have much knowledge.
I saw your gameplayvideos and there you lose your mana capacity (Hatred).
If I use "Hatred" I lose a lot of life and not my mana.

Can you help me?

Best regars, Ninja

It's because you are using Blood Magic keystone or have linked Blood Magic gem to your Hatred. If you are using the keystone, then don't use any auras atm, just level up until you can start using Blood Magic gem and then unspec Blood Magic keystone.
ign: YongSook
Last edited by subtiiter on Apr 30, 2014, 8:52:14 PM
Okay, thanks :D
why in axe tree, you didnt spent point on blood magic?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info