[2.0] Simple & Cheap 2-Handed Axe/Sword Cyclone Build

I'm trying to use Cast on Damage Taken + Warlord's Mark + Ice Nova + Curse on Hit and it doesn't seem to be working at all. Can you tell me why it isn't working?
"
Crunchey wrote:
I'm trying to use Cast on Damage Taken + Warlord's Mark + Ice Nova + Curse on Hit and it doesn't seem to be working at all. Can you tell me why it isn't working?

CoDT need to be at level 1, and Ice Nova at level 8 maximum (although there is almost no benefit from leveling it). You can level the 2 other gems at maximum level.
I think it's patched because I'm doing that and it's not cursing enemies, but it is using ice nova.
"
Crunchey wrote:
I think it's patched because I'm doing that and it's not cursing enemies, but it is using ice nova.

You should have something like this :

"
Shimaran wrote:
Build updated for 1.3 ! :D

Yayyyy 8)

I ran this build before,and had hopes that Cyclone/Duelist tree wasn't nerfed too hard,many thanks for the update! ..still tweaking points here and there,currently running hatred with grace,juggling auras and heralds to find which combo seems best,but mana pool is rather limited,and I don't want to get into using blood magic for aura support if I can avoid it.Working well anyway,need more levels on some gems yet,but seems almost as good as previously.Thanks for the build!
Some mornings it's not worth chewing the straps off...
My next build nice work
Solid build here, steamrolling everything so far =)

I suggest 2 small changes to the sword tree:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQABLMFLQd1DjwQ8BLhFE0UcRXsGJEaOBpVG6obyBv6IVUj9iXfJyAnLymlLPswfDGwNug6UjwFQzFHfkp9TZJOKlb6WfNbr14TYEthIWMXZKNlTWegaPJyqXTtdqx313rvfNl_K4E6gpuE2YTvhmCHaod2iO2KIorwjX2QVZBsmjubLZ_fogCkGaknqZSsqq2Ntiy2QbkdvJ-9Nr6nwBrAZsCmwQfEgsqQy_XPftRS137cPdy93Q3h7-Of5w_pRuoY7Djueu988B_yWvcy-Ov6GPxL_MU=

Going from Blade Master to Razors Edge rather than over over the 10/10 damage/accuracy nodes gives 10% extra damage at no cost at all (since its a RT build acc does nothing)

Going the lower path from the Destroyer / Golems Blood area towards IR puts you in a place to grab Savagery, Cloth and chain (and the nice 12/12 node leading up to it) at just 3 more pts.

Its also possible to grab Iron Grip (and maybe even point blank, but i doubt its necessary) and use Molten Strike as single target. With all the +damage and IAS is should be quite powerful even in a 4L Multistrike+LGoH+BM (or MPD, if you can run it on mana) should be plenty for this purpose.

Item & skill gem notes:
A nice, cheap, unique that goes very well with this build is three dragons. While its somewhat lackluster in other areas and don't align perfectly with the AR/EV defense approach; turning your fire damage from burn to shock is a massive damage boost for sth this fast hitting. If you use this approach it can be worthwhile to run added fire over melee physical.

Running (leveling) with a tabula you can pop a Endurance Charge on Melee Stun into your chain and (assuming your damage is enough to cause stun fairly regularly) and enjoy full charges 99.9% of the time. I found quite enough defense wize so far (at ~67 maps atm).

Using Poachers Mark massively boosts your sustainability, and lets you skip the nasty debuff of bloodrage. If you use the ECoMS setup suggested above, this slots nicely into your CWDT chain or in a Vengeance + Curse On Hit + Poachers Mark chain.

I prefer running Immortal Call outside the CWDT chain so i have manual control over when to pop it. This also free up 1-2 slots in said chain for things like skellys, totems, curse or whatnot.

If you play torment a surprisingly useful vaal gem for this build (if you can spare the link for it) is Vaal Cyclone. LGoH and Inc. Duration is the main things to have on it. What this is good for is turning the awkward tormented spirit chasing into a loot vulcano. Pop it when a spirit in on screen to suck in everything, spirit "enhance" them, sword blends them and loot keep dropping :P

EDIT: I guess the Three Dragons & Shock part could use some explaining for new players.
"

Shock is an elemental status ailment associated with lightning that causes the affected target to take 50% increased damage from all sources.
The base duration of shock is proportional to the damage dealt by the initial hit of lightning damage relative to the target's maximum life.

The problem is that nor the Added lightning or Herald of Thunder is very effective for us. Adding fire is however easy (Added fire gem and Herald of Ash). Since shock duration is directly related to the size of the elemental hit that caused it (and too small shocks are ignored) this is a easy way to get decent shocks going. If you don't have & can't get or do not want to get said helm but still want shocks, the Physical to Lightning support gem is a another solid way to gain shocks with this build.
Last edited by ZonkD on Feb 12, 2015, 2:40:52 PM
"
ZonkD wrote:
I suggest 2 small changes to the sword tree:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQABLMFLQd1DjwQ8BLhFE0UcRXsGJEaOBpVG6obyBv6IVUj9iXfJyAnLymlLPswfDGwNug6UjwFQzFHfkp9TZJOKlb6WfNbr14TYEthIWMXZKNlTWegaPJyqXTtdqx313rvfNl_K4E6gpuE2YTvhmCHaod2iO2KIorwjX2QVZBsmjubLZ_fogCkGaknqZSsqq2Ntiy2QbkdvJ-9Nr6nwBrAZsCmwQfEgsqQy_XPftRS137cPdy93Q3h7-Of5w_pRuoY7Djueu988B_yWvcy-Ov6GPxL_MU=

Going from Blade Master to Razors Edge rather than over over the 10/10 damage/accuracy nodes gives 10% extra damage at no cost at all (since its a RT build acc does nothing)

Going the lower path from the Destroyer / Golems Blood area towards IR puts you in a place to grab Savagery, Cloth and chain (and the nice 12/12 node leading up to it) at just 3 more pts.

Thanks for noticing that ! You're right about these changes, I've just edited the build :)

"
ZonkD wrote:
A nice, cheap, unique that goes very well with this build is three dragons. While its somewhat lackluster in other areas and don't align perfectly with the AR/EV defense approach; turning your fire damage from burn to shock is a massive damage boost for sth this fast hitting. If you use this approach it can be worthwhile to run added fire over melee physical.

Actually that's a good idea, if you can afford losing life and armour stats on your helmet ^^ I should test this some day is I find the time.

"
ZonkD wrote:
Running (leveling) with a tabula you can pop a Endurance Charge on Melee Stun into your chain and (assuming your damage is enough to cause stun fairly regularly) and enjoy full charges 99.9% of the time. I found quite enough defense wize so far (at ~67 maps atm).

I'm not sure if it's possible to stun with Cyclone. Maybe with a mace and some stun nodes, but I doubt it is possible with an axe or a sword... Besides, you should already have endurance charges quite easily with Warlord's Mark and/or Enduring Cry.

"
ZonkD wrote:
Using Poachers Mark massively boosts your sustainability, and lets you skip the nasty debuff of bloodrage. If you use the ECoMS setup suggested above, this slots nicely into your CWDT chain or in a Vengeance + Curse On Hit + Poachers Mark chain.

Again, good idea. But I'd prefer use Poacher's Mark with a character that could be able to grab more than 1 additional frenzy charge on the tree. And the Life Leech from Warlord's Mark (assuming you use Enduring Cry to susbtain endurance charges consistently) is really nice to have...
Build updated for 2.0 version !
Reduced mana no longer works for mana reservation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info