[2.0] Simple & Cheap 2-Handed Axe/Sword Cyclone Build

Please update this for 1.3 when it releases! I love this build!
Can you update it for 1.3? Would be awesome
Thanks! :)
With the 1.3 update Cyclone is now very difficult to use. I'm afraid there was some bad changes because the skill feels very weird and is desyncing every time (much more than before). I'll probably wait for a fix before I can properly update the build.
It isn't that bad, with new passives I've got less attack speed (sth about 0.46, earlier I had 0.32) but more dps (6k+) and 300 less life (but more life regen). It works at all. I'm doing 70/71 maps right now without any problems.
I will try to replace blind gem with phys dmg for more dps (I'm using 5L chest right now).
"
Nilivo wrote:
It isn't that bad, with new passives I've got less attack speed (sth about 0.46, earlier I had 0.32) but more dps (6k+) and 300 less life (but more life regen). It works at all. I'm doing 70/71 maps right now without any problems.
I will try to replace blind gem with phys dmg for more dps (I'm using 5L chest right now).

Yeah looks like I was in fact having some weird network issues this last weekend, explaining why my Cyclone character had so much trouble hitting enemies. That and maybe the increased area of effect nodes, because it's true the initial AoE of Cyclone isn't great ^^
So far (playing in Torment league) I can only use a 4L with the basic Cyclone-LGoH-BM-Faster attacks setup. I currently have 4k life and 2k tooltip DPS for Cyclone at lvl 66, but I focused on defensive nodes so far.
In general with the 1.3 update I would say the build has been defensively nerfed and offensively buffed.
Anyway, the build will be updated very soon ! I'll try to get my hands on the Herald of Ice and Hatred gems to see how I can improve my DPS. :)
Last edited by Shimaran on Dec 16, 2014, 9:59:12 AM
"
Shimaran wrote:

In general with the 1.3 update I would say the build has been defensively nerfed and offensively buffed.

Not at all. They nerfed life nodes (I will try to obtain more life nodes but it could be hard) but buffed (or maybe I took more armor nodes?) armor. Now I've got 66%+ phys dmg reduction. And I didn't invest in items with more armor/eva.
"
Nilivo wrote:
"
Shimaran wrote:

Not at all. They nerfed life nodes (I will try to obtain more life nodes but it could be hard) but buffed (or maybe I took more armor nodes?) armor. Now I've got 66%+ phys dmg reduction. And I didn't invest in items with more armor/eva.

I don't really care about numbers. The fact is, running maps is much more dangerous than before. Or maybe the mobs' damage values have been increased, I don't know, but there is definitely something that made the build less viable.
Looking forward to the build update for 1.3, realy love this build :D
Build updated for 1.3 ! :D
"
Shimaran wrote:
Build updated for 1.3 ! :D

Thanks man!
Great work :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info