[3.19] ⚛️ Qosmoz's ❄️ LL CoC Ice Nova/Spear Assassin ❄️ Ready for 3.19 Fun Lake Farming!!!

Well, after dying to Sirus three times and to Catarina six times in the row i will probably stay away from doing any bossfights on this build, and will only use it to clear maps as fast as possible. All the items which will let me to upgrade from what i have right now range from 4ex to 10ex+ on trade for minimum, so I'm stuck. Might follow another similar coc ice nova guide that at least has some defence layers, or just go to poe.ninja and follow something that i can afford.

80+ lv heists can be really rippy, unless i will just exit with the loot without triggering the alarm. Door packs sometimes kill you instantly. I have another tanky character with zero clearspeed for heist specifically.

It's a shame because i really like to play with this build, but it's way too squishy, and all the deaths happen in one single shot that can't really be avoided because i have to stay very close to the boss to do damage, circling around doesn't always help.
Last edited by whatever29173919 on Nov 5, 2020, 7:40:40 AM
there is problem with this build, there is no energy leeh, i die on bosses.. like a shit
i tried a lot its not playable 0 es leech when i fight agnaist bosses. how i can fix this issue
Last edited by Insomnium96 on Nov 5, 2020, 8:27:33 AM
"
bbqdogs wrote:
"
Killzu wrote:
"
Ghost Reaver converts Life leech to ES leech. I would only take it if you are low ES still. Otherhand do not worry too much about leech, we have other ES leech passives in the tree. Atziri's provides really good damage also, even without Ghost Reave, it's a must have item.

Ah, I see. Mostly for the damage. I am specifically having issues with surviveability. My damage is already insane, hoping to avoid one shots and regen ES much faster than is currently happening.

I barely notice ES leech even tho I see it on the tree in a few places. I feel like the Watchers Eye and Cinderswallow must be the largest source of ES gains.

Still not sure how to avoid 1 shots tho. More ES is my guess but maybe im missing something else that would help?

I also couldn't "feel" the ES leech from the tree much, the ES on hit Watcher's Eye was a huge survivability boost in juiced maps, imo it's a must have. Quite expensive if you want a good 2 stat one, but I'd much rather get a 1 stat Militant Faith and a spend on a 2 stat Watcher's Eye in order of upgrade priorities, for example.

That's a good suggestion bbq.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
"
Get_Rext wrote:
Hi guys! This is actually my first time posting on a forum guide lol but here goes nothing...

First league having loads of fun, and so far this CoC Ice Nova build has been the most fun and satisfying from all the nova explosions. I recently just started the shift from life build to LL and had a couple struggle points hoping someone can help out.

Problem: I have about 5.3k ES but sometimes on boss, i feel like im getting either 1-2 shotted depending on the boss. Im wondering if there's somewhere to mitigate damage. Also, my ES regen seems slow, that sometimes it can't keep up to mob damage if they're super strong/or i dont kill them fast enough.

Would appreciate if you could check out my PoB currently. Obviously still need to replace some items like the life flask and prob alot of others haha.
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/AMx8vcV5

Appreciate any tips/suggestions here, thanks for the time!

hi GetRext, 5.3k is really really low ES for any T14+ bosses. I would suggest to bump your ES. You can swap your boots to Sin Trek, get a 10% ES Mark of the Shaper, and instead get a Crystal belt. You will hit 6.5k+ ES with only these changes. You need to adjust your resistances accordingly, remember to adjust your cold resistance highest to get value out of Wise Oak.

Other than that, get Hear of Ice instead of Breath of Rime, you can later get it back. Also many of your gems are still not max levels, that'll also help quite a lot. For example your Discipline is only Level 16.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
"
Nickodemus wrote:
A somewhat relevant question here. Considering Tailwind doesn't actually affect Cyclone at all, is it solely there for the movement speed when not spinning?

yes, and also it has Attack speed (Tailwind is providing Increased 10% Action Speed), when you are targeting 52%+ CDR, it helps also with additional AS to bump your damage.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
"
Well, after dying to Sirus three times and to Catarina six times in the row i will probably stay away from doing any bossfights on this build, and will only use it to clear maps as fast as possible. All the items which will let me to upgrade from what i have right now range from 4ex to 10ex+ on trade for minimum, so I'm stuck. Might follow another similar coc ice nova guide that at least has some defence layers, or just go to poe.ninja and follow something that i can afford.

80+ lv heists can be really rippy, unless i will just exit with the loot without triggering the alarm. Door packs sometimes kill you instantly. I have another tanky character with zero clearspeed for heist specifically.

It's a shame because i really like to play with this build, but it's way too squishy, and all the deaths happen in one single shot that can't really be avoided because i have to stay very close to the boss to do damage, circling around doesn't always help.

hi HornyBrimstone, I've just checked your char importing to PoB. I have to say you really lack damage only 236k Ice Nova damage, most of your gems are not even Level 20. That'll help. You also miss Hit Chance, right now at 98%, you have 6.1k ES which is below my recommendation to feel the build is surviving enough.

I would say, level your gems, you have +3 ES items, change those with proper items and try again, if you still have problems, then i suggest checking CI version of the build to feel tankier. It comes with an expense (300ex+ to make the build).

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
"
there is problem with this build, there is no energy leeh, i die on bosses.. like a shit
i tried a lot its not playable 0 es leech when i fight agnaist bosses. how i can fix this issue

hi Kijoo, I've just downloaded your build and couple of suggestions. Before I start, I suggest you to read the guide properly, since many things are recommended but you do not follow.

Get Light Eather notable passive for extra ES Leech. Some choices you made in your tree, they dont make any sense. For example you have only 92% Hit chance. While you can get some Dexterity on a ring or belt, you path some small dexterity passives to get to Soul Thief. Instead you can get Depth Perception which already gives Dexterity and also will nearly cap your Hit Chance. also on the left side, you get another Dexterity and near the left jewel socket a strength small passive????

Before you make any claims, I suggest everyone to make sure you check the recommneded build setups, items and passive tree and overall recommendations (under FAQ).

Now, i will not respond to any other comment saying "This build sucks, or there is something wrong with this build" due to whenever I check those builds, there are always strange choices or trying to make it work with 5k ES, without Hit capped, or Crit capped, or with zero CDR.

Sorry to be this way, but way too many response becomes a bit the same. I am trying my best to suggest upgrades and how to improve your build when asked, and I will keep doing that.

twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Last edited by QosmozGaming on Nov 5, 2020, 9:18:22 AM
"
QosmozGaming wrote:

I would say, level your gems, you have +3 ES items, change those with proper items and try again, if you still have problems, then i suggest checking CI version of the build to feel tankier. It comes with an expense (300ex+ to make the build).

First of all, the "proper" items cost 10ex at minimum. That es +3 belt was 3ex, and it was the closest to the one in pob. All others at the moment were either worse, or were way out of my budget (going up to 20 ex+). The belt in your pob has +40 instead of +3, however they both have the base +80 already, getting +40 instead of +3 won't help me with oneshots. Just checked by replacing one of my rings with the one that has +40 to maximum energy shield, it adds like 150 es total.

Second, the gems in my cospri and body chest are either level 20, or 19 - getting some of them to 20 won't change much. I wasn't complaining about damage, but survivability.
Last edited by whatever29173919 on Nov 5, 2020, 9:44:38 AM
"
"
QosmozGaming wrote:

First of all, the "proper" items cost 10ex at minimum. That es +3 belt was 3ex, and it was the closest to the one in pob. All others at the moment were either worse, or were way out of my budget (going up to 20 ex+). The belt in your pob has +40 instead of +3, however they both have the base +80 already, getting +40 instead of +3 won't help me with oneshots. Just checked by replacing one of my rings with the one that has +40 to maximum energy shield, it adds like 150 es total.

Second, the gems in my cospri and body chest are either level 20, or 19 - getting some of them to 20 won't change much. I wasn't complaining about damage, but survivability.

why dont you try to spam some Dense fossils, or Essense with Str to get the items you need. You dont really need to buy all your items.

Videos are uploading, you'll see there, I am surviving a full Shaper Slam. I have no extra mitigation, but just more ES than you.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Last edited by QosmozGaming on Nov 5, 2020, 9:59:12 AM
Hi Qosmoz! Great guide and I really enjoy playing this build. This is the first league I'm taking somewhat seriously, and I'm having a ton of fun.

Onto my problem:

I initially picked up this build as a way of farming delirium maps. I've tried a few different iterations of delirium (40%, 60%, zana mod), and the issue is I can't seem to be reasonably survivable in these maps. If I can tank a couple hits, I usually recover, but I do get one-shot seemingly at least once a map. The only way I found to run the zana mod is to do cast on death portal, otherwise I brick almost every run by dying (otherwise I'm running CWDT and Immortal Call). In 40 and 60 delirious, bosses and nemesis monsters are super problematic, and I will sometimes have to skip them entirely - which isn't great for splinters. I don't want to juice the map more until I can reasonably clear everything.

I've read that you recommend hitting 6.5k ES for tankiness, and I'm sitting at 6.2k. I'm not sure if the extra 300 will really make the difference (not saying it wont, I'm just not sure), and I'm wondering what in my build should I change? I realize it's probably not optimized, but I feel pretty stat starved, and changing gear around is a HUGE pain because I'm pretty much only just hitting my stat reqs.

I really want to farm delirium instead of contracts because it's content that I enjoy doing more, but I don't want to burn through anymore currency until I can solve my survivability problem. The weak point I think right now in my build is my boots/belt combo. I tried doing a profit craft for cdr/tailwind boots not too long ago, and kind of bricked the mods. I couldn't sell them for a reasonable price so I started using them. I could feasibly put CDR back on my belt, and get a different pair of tailwind boots (both with better ES than I have currently) but I'm not sure if it would be worth the investment.

In any case, here's my pastebin https://pastebin.com/WRkCAUeX -- Thanks again for all the effort you put into this.

** Edit - I just noticed that my ascendancies on the POB are wrong. Im definitely taking Opportunistic instead of Noxious strike.
Last edited by Eisley1 on Nov 5, 2020, 1:56:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info