Please Fix Trade Website!!

Im tired of these stupid people posting the same item for stupid prices to flood the market websites. The trade channels are filled with bots spamming items for sale. Almost no one actually uses it anymore. You cant trade in global or GGG has a stroke and mutes you. About only thing they seem to care about. So how the hell can you trade anymore!

GGG needs to get on the ball here and make a way to ignore users or put up some kind of system to rate people selling items like this by users so you can bypass these people. Below is a screen shot of a jerk flooding the website with 58 postings of fake sales and before him 23 postings of fake sales. So many fake sales you now cant trade on the website cause there is no more room for search results now. FIX PLEASE... After Harvest and this crap. I wont buy support packs any longer till this fixed.

Last bumped on Oct 22, 2020, 5:07:36 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You can ignore players on the website, it's right there!
Web DeveloperView our Developer Docs
"
Novynn wrote:

How about you remove the ignore limit? So i can actually ignore people who i want to ignore.
"
Novynn wrote:

As much as I like what you're doing for us, this is NOT a solution. It's like patching up a hole left by cancer cells that devoured the last bit of healthy tissue.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
"
Novynn wrote:

That is a bit of a band-aid though, isn't it? Wouldn't it be better to find a real solution to the problem?

Also, ignore list limits...

EDIT: BTW, thanks for for once replying in your own forum :).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Oct 14, 2020, 3:58:43 AM
"
Heikss wrote:
How about you remove the ignore limit? So i can actually ignore people who i want to ignore.
There is likely a limit for a reason, I do agree though that increasing the limit at least would help in order to combat the amount of spam messages you get from bots nowadays whenever you list an item like Winterheart, Meginord's Girdle or anything else at a low price.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
"
find a real solution to the problem?

Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Oct 14, 2020, 3:41:58 AM
The ignore button in trade sites does not appear to have limits. I have a LOT of people on ignore in the trade site, all of them assumed price fixers and people putting up 1 Perandus Coin items for mirror services. It's not the same as ignoring people ingame, as it only blocks the player's listings on the trade site from appearing. If you happen to have reached a limit on the trade website, then I'm humbled.

That aside, GGG's response is a non-answer, as much as I appreciate someone actually posting here. People are exploiting the trade site in much the same way as people exploited the public group board for the same purposes. Telling people to ignore the problem and use the ignore button doesn't make the problem go away. I'd say it makes the problem worse, as it gives the exploiters confirmation that the devs don't care.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Oct 14, 2020, 4:06:37 AM
Oh, maybe the trade site doesn't have a limit - good to know. Just added all players to the ignore list that have a 0.5 coin map listed on Standard. Good start.

Too bad there is no import/export functionality for ignore lists. That way, we could make a community-maintained ignore list.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
drklrd wrote:
The issue is that, some users are exploiting the trade api.

Was the trade website made to be used in this manner? If the answer is No, then those players should be warned that it's an exploit of the Trade API. If the answer is Yes, then I will continue to ignore them.

"
An exploit (from the English verb to exploit, meaning "to use something to one’s own advantage") is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or a sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized).

You have a solution to the exploit already. So yes, continue using ignore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info