[3.12] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor - self cast - strong boss DPS, fast clear, 6k HP with block

so follow up question.. i have medium gear, definitely not GG gear. I have healing on black, two items with fire spell life steal, as much life as i can muster, and i feel like i die to everything. The damage is there for sure, but its hard to even set up to do damage cause i get breathed on and die. There is a high chancee im just braindead but i have such a hard time even completing like tier 12's becuase i get blown up so fast.
Honestly Im really enjoying the speed and damage the build has but damn if I stand still for one second to long I'm dead. Mind taking a look at my char and giving me some direction.

I may just be used to my boring ass carrion golem build where I am no where near the fight lol.
"
H00ligan98 wrote:
so follow up question.. i have medium gear, definitely not GG gear. I have healing on black, two items with fire spell life steal, as much life as i can muster, and i feel like i die to everything. The damage is there for sure, but its hard to even set up to do damage cause i get breathed on and die. There is a high chancee im just braindead but i have such a hard time even completing like tier 12's becuase i get blown up so fast.


Get items with life rolls and defensive flasks (I would suggest Jade and Basalt). You are not wearing a single item with a decent life roll. You also have a jewel socket without life. Life leech is capped, so the second affix does nothing. You are also missing block and spell block (shield enchant/affix and Arcane Swiftness anoint).
"
SirLegit wrote:
Honestly Im really enjoying the speed and damage the build has but damn if I stand still for one second to long I'm dead. Mind taking a look at my char and giving me some direction.

I may just be used to my boring ass carrion golem build where I am no where near the fight lol.


Are you taking the Brine King Pantheon against stuns? That might be something to be worried about.

Other than that it might be worth to go for the life nodes instead of the cluster jewels first and divine the shield to 5%. Keep in mind that we recover % of our life on block so more life means less damage taken. If we take small hits we actually heal ourselves instead of taking damage and the more life we have the more we heal.

I am really worried to see some guys of you struggeling with survivability because I really didn't feel that way at all during this league.
Last edited by Moethelion on Oct 17, 2020, 1:16:00 AM
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
"
Vizdus wrote:

hey so i am like 5x lvl now... and lvling is pretty smooth - I had some problems with survi, but now its better after second ASC, full ress + some life items. i got like 3k life in act 8 so it's quite a lot.

But got one question - I am lvling all the time with Blazing Salvo cause DPS for fireball is quite shitty... i can not imagine in future how it's possible that fireball will have better clearing speed? I need those "6 links" gloves to make fireball work for clearing or what? :)

in general lvlin with BO is ok, i have fortify + shield rush mechanics.. but its fortify always welcome :)


So thought I'd level this as well. Thanks to OP for detailed post.

I'd say that levelling 0-35 was a breeze, and now 35-50 is pretty slow and I've died 5 or 6 times now. And I do have my res. capped. Damage on Fireball just doesn't seem to be there in that range on the 4 link suggested. Looking forward to lvl 54 when I can equip gloves with the lvl 16 Slower Proj / Faster casting enchant. I think maybe the issue is our first ascendancy point doesn't really do much for us, until we get the 2nd point with the 200ES regen per sec. So we can really spam FB. Would be interested to know if this is how the OP levelled (as per first post)?


I did not use Fireball up until Act 9 to be honest, so it could be that it is just not strong enough in early Acts, yeah. Might just put Flame Wall down and let enemies run into their death behind you and use Blazing Salvo for blue/rare/unique packs. I also did struggle a bit from Act 3 to Act 6 in my second playthough so I am very keen to hear suggestions how that might be able to be fixed. One way would certainly be to just farm xp and levels on gems for a bit.

Use Flammability as a curse btw, it is really strong for tougher enemies and affects all enemies in the area, Assassin's Mark is a pick for after Uber Lab imo.
Last edited by Moethelion on Oct 17, 2020, 1:26:09 AM
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
H00ligan98 wrote:
so follow up question.. i have medium gear, definitely not GG gear. I have healing on black, two items with fire spell life steal, as much life as i can muster, and i feel like i die to everything. The damage is there for sure, but its hard to even set up to do damage cause i get breathed on and die. There is a high chancee im just braindead but i have such a hard time even completing like tier 12's becuase i get blown up so fast.


Get items with life rolls and defensive flasks (I would suggest Jade and Basalt). You are not wearing a single item with a decent life roll. You also have a jewel socket without life. Life leech is capped, so the second affix does nothing. You are also missing block and spell block (shield enchant/affix and Arcane Swiftness anoint).


alright, well first off, thank you tons. This build is actually so fun compared to what i was playing. I gotta work on getting some better gear. Ty for the tips genuinely appreciate it. Your a savage man, thanks again
"
Moethelion wrote:

I did not use Fireball up until Act 9 to be honest, so it could be that it is just not strong enough in early Acts, yeah. Might just put Flame Wall down and let enemies run into their death behind you and use Blazing Salvo for blue/rare/unique packs. I also did struggle a bit from Act 3 to Act 6 in my second playthough so I am very keen to hear suggestions how that might be able to be fixed. One way would certainly be to just farm xp and levels on gems for a bit.

Use Flammability as a curse btw, it is really strong for tougher enemies and affects all enemies in the area, Assassin's Mark is a pick for after Uber Lab imo.


I think you're probably right, stick with Flame Wall for that part of levelling. I just was desperate to try FireBall :) Something that might help spam FB more (at this stage) would be some minus mana cost rings, although that's not league-start friendly (if you're aiming for that).

I'll maybe look to add HexTouch (formerly "Curse on Hit") - Flammability to my Wave of Conviction - that should help with bosses, and is one key to hit vs. 2 :-)

We can get (and you recommend picking up) the "Intensity" node in the tree early 40s, so makes sense to still keep using Blazing Salvo (with Intensify skill gem) at that point I think. Or put another way, if you find a way to improve the damage of FireBall for mid-levelling then those 3 points are probably best spent on something else at this point, and they go back into the tree at a point when BS is coming back "online"?

Something else (if you want to!) that you could update is what Aura's to use (into the 38+ levelling process). Even with Eldrich Battery you really need that 2nd ascendancy point for the ES sustain, so I think it's too mana starved to reserve 100% with Hatred and Zealotry. So I'm running Hatred + Herald of Ash, which leaves enough mana to use mana flask. Enduring mana flask would be great, but not realistic during levelling and/or leage start.

What items did you level with? Even in league start people might have a few chaos if there are some decent uniques avaialable mid-levelling?

One last thing on the OP / guide. Maybe for the noobs remind them they can equip items in their 2nd/alternate weapons slots (2x 3 socket trash wands that they pick up early on), and to use these to level gems.

Keep up the good work, it's great to see someone create a build and listen to hear other people's experiences (and to provide help). The PoB is great as well - with different "end game" gear for different budgets, and levelling trees. That a decent amount of effort you've put in .... +1 for you :)
Last edited by zedzed_uk on Oct 17, 2020, 8:49:17 AM
"
zedzed_uk wrote:

Something else (if you want to!) that you could update is what Aura's to use (into the 38+ levelling process). Even with Eldrich Battery you really need that 2nd ascendancy point for the ES sustain, so I think it's too mana starved to reserve 100% with Hatred and Zealotry. So I'm running Hatred + Herald of Ash, which leaves enough mana to use mana flask. Enduring mana flask would be great, but not realistic during levelling and/or leage start.


Oh I should clarify that, I actually didn't mean to recommend to use Anger yet but to level it only while using Zealotry and Herald of Ash. But yeah, early Anger is probably better than Zealotry.

Thanks for the recommendations.
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
SirLegit wrote:
Honestly Im really enjoying the speed and damage the build has but damn if I stand still for one second to long I'm dead. Mind taking a look at my char and giving me some direction.

I may just be used to my boring ass carrion golem build where I am no where near the fight lol.


Are you taking the Brine King Pantheon against stuns? That might be something to be worried about.

Other than that it might be worth to go for the life nodes instead of the cluster jewels first and divine the shield to 5%. Keep in mind that we recover % of our life on block so more life means less damage taken. If we take small hits we actually heal ourselves instead of taking damage and the more life we have the more we heal.

I am really worried to see some guys of you struggeling with survivability because I really didn't feel that way at all during this league.


I can try brine king next, maybe ill respec the cluster jewel or grind out more levels I know I'm only 81 at the moment still plenty of easy levels.
Hi all,

Just about to do Uber lab (lvl 76) and, yeah, I do feel pretty squsihy.
I'm res capped, and currently have 66 and 55 block chance. Next cluster is arcane guarding, which should max. my spell block chance ... what else can I do to get (attack) block up to 75?

Also feel like Blazing Salvo damage is lacking ... in game I'm getting just 20k in hideout - that can't be right, can it? I guess I'm only lvl 17 on them, so need to get them higher ... but I think I'm missing something somewhere?

I've got half decent gear - spent probably around 200-300c (close to "medium" in the PoB) but I'm at just over 4.1k life. I'm doing low-tier Yellow maps and getting one-shot too frequently, and sometines even "normal" mobs take a ton of health from me. I know that I'm missing Fortify at the moment (on shield charge), but yeah, would appreciate any tips on increasing survivability would be appreciated. My character sheet is open :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info