[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

"
IS the recovery node working right? I feel like flat sources aren't working right now. If I turn Vitality on and off, I don't see a change in tooltip OR visually vs single mobs

It is NOT ES recovery you are getting from the node, it is ES regeneration (which doesn't exist as a tooltip in game), and yes it is working perfectly.

"
antauri007 wrote:
Agreed on gloves and tempest shield. chaos golem i don't know, u either spam it at lvl 20 or put it at lvl1 on a CWDT but gets insta deleted.

is there a particular reason the blazing salvo is linked to Controlled destruction instead of elemental focus? at least at budget stages where crit chance is not overcapped, elemental focus gives more damage while not cutting essential crit chance, and not igniting is pretty much whatever , except there is something I'm missing?

Ignite for Cinderswallow Urn and Shock effect from flat lightning damage. I always use a source of flat lightning damage somewhere to have the minimum shock effect. Should mention that in the guide probably.
-
Last edited by Moethelion on Jan 18, 2021, 6:01:26 AM
I'm currently respeccing my build out of crackling lance. I think I have all of my passive tree in tune with your POB, but I'm struggling hard on T1 map mobs outside of whites. I'm also dying really easily. Some of the stuff like "Recover life on block" are super expensive right now and it's hard to find a trigger wand.

Wondering if you'd be able to check out my profile for any tips. Not sure where I went wrong.
"
holdat wrote:
I'm currently respeccing my build out of crackling lance. I think I have all of my passive tree in tune with your POB, but I'm struggling hard on T1 map mobs outside of whites. I'm also dying really easily. Some of the stuff like "Recover life on block" are super expensive right now and it's hard to find a trigger wand.

Wondering if you'd be able to check out my profile for any tips. Not sure where I went wrong.

Recover life shield is CRUCIAL. The build is basically unplayable without it (as soon as you have glancing blows that is). Trigger wand is very easy, just get one with an open suffix and find a crafter.

Other things on first glance: Get different flasks (!!!!!!!!), get jewels, get more life (for example body armour).

Do you have the Brine King pantheon against stuns?
Last edited by Moethelion on Jan 18, 2021, 8:25:17 AM
Right now I'm looking for the first Cluster Jewel and I'm wondering if the effect of Essence Rush is really worth it now that we have the ES regen from Pious Path since the leeching instances are being remove when hitting full ES with is nearly instant (at least for me right now)
"
Moethelion wrote:

Ignite for Cinderswallow Urn and Shock effect from flat lightning damage. I always use a source of flat lightning damage somewhere to have the minimum shock effect. Should mention that in the guide probably.

of course, cinderswallow. forgot about it.
is flat lightning enough to cause shock? remember shock requires to hit a certain threshold damage for applying.
"
antauri007 wrote:
"
Moethelion wrote:

of course, cinderswallow. forgot about it.
is flat lightning enough to cause shock? remember shock requires to hit a certain threshold damage for applying.

No. Just the amount of effect scales with the damage. Minimum shock effect is 5%. Crits always shock, so we don't even need chance to shock. Just test it. Enemies are shocked.
Last edited by Moethelion on Jan 18, 2021, 9:55:40 AM
"
Moethelion wrote:

No. Just the amount of effect scales with the damage. Minimum shock effect is 5%. Crits always shock, so we don't even need chance to shock. Just test it. Enemies are shocked.

I was pretty sure shocks that would be less than 5% would be ignored.

"The base duration of shock is 2 seconds and its effect is determined based on to the amount of Lightning damage dealt relative to the enemy's ailment threshold. Shock's effect is capped at 50%. Shock's minimum effect is 5%; any shock of lesser effect than that is discarded."

from the wiki.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock
that being said ill test it when I reach a beefy enough boss
"
antauri007 wrote:
"
Moethelion wrote:

"The base duration of shock is 2 seconds and its effect is determined based on to the amount of Lightning damage dealt relative to the enemy's ailment threshold. Shock's effect is capped at 50%. Shock's minimum effect is 5%; any shock of lesser effect than that is discarded."

from the wiki.

Hm, you are right. But still, I can shock T14 bosses right now. I do have quite a lof of flat lightning though.

T14 Grotto boss lying on the ground, shocked

"
Moethelion wrote:
"
antauri007 wrote:
"
Moethelion wrote:

from the wiki.

Hm, you are right. But still, I can shock T14 bosses right now. I do have quite a lof of flat lightning though.

T14 Grotto boss lying on the ground, shocked

i thought of maybe the alignment cluster jewel with "enemies you chill are shocked". that's a 15% shock , and could trigger off say creeping frost on CWDT. but it would require dropping the curse cluster, which makes sense to me because I'm aiming for a culling/blind on hit gloves.
its a lot of investment however and I don't think its really worth it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info