[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

"
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
What do you think about the ascendancy changes? Inquisitor still looks super strong. You basically lose 20% cast speed, 45% crit multi but gain 5% inc damage taken to enemies (pretty big) and instead of the multi you should have around 300% inc crit chance.

Yeah, I already PoBed it. It is a 5% DPS loss overall, because we lose a lot of crit multi and cast speed. Unfortunately we need Vitality now for the ES regen to work, so we probably use an unset ring for vitality (level 14) and move the vaal righteous fire somewhere else (weapon for DPS loss, boots instead of vaal grace for defense loss) to fit enlighten in.

It is definitely a nerf, but the build should be perfectly fine, many other builds got hit way harder.

Have you tried the new Instruments of Zeal instead of Inevitable Judgement?? I'm not 100% how battlemage works, but the fanatic charges can be generated with shield charge, can use the Solstice Vigil and have almost 100% up time with them for 75% inc cast speed and AOE. I wonder if Salvo would be good clear with that ?

I don't think that's worth for this build. Battlemage is pretty useless for it, because we don't have a dps weapon. Regarding Instruments of Zeal, with good gear our spells one shot everything anyway, so 75% cast speed does not a lot for clearspeed and for bosses Inevitable Judgement is just insane. For Solstice Vigil we would also need a different source of hp leech and sacrifice one more socket for temporal chains.

Overall the clearspeed problem with Salvo isn't the cast speed or the AoE from the projectiles, it's the general screen coverage that make it a mediocre clear skill.
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
PoX_89 wrote:
Probably going to try this build as a starter in Ritual league if Fireball and Blazing Salvo won't be changed too much. Leveling should be pretty smooth with Fireball and Flame wall.

Inquisitor have fewer sources of cast speed now so might have to focus on that little bit more. I am also planning to use Malachai's awakening helmet with essence worm to use Anger and Herald of Ash, will see how it goes.

I don't think that setup will work at all, unless you have an immense amount of Energy Shield. The Helmet gives Blood Magic, so you reserve Life instead of Mana. You would have an insanely low HP pool.

I will update the guide as soon as Patch Notes come out, but we should be fine by just using Enlighten in our helmet and Vitality in an unsocketed ring or somewhere else.

It will work because with Malachai's awakening you get free anger (Mortal Conviction) and essence worm gives free Herald of Ash. So you still have roughly 6k health and don't have to worry about mana issues at all.

This setup has benefits and the helmet itself gives you like 30 % more damage, but if there is problems, I'll just use the old setup.
"Blazing Salvo
Now has a radius of 16 at minimum range (from 14) and 22 at maximum range (from 18).
Now fires in a slightly wider spread."

Wow, that might be a single target nightmare... gotta see how bad this is.
"
PoX_89 wrote:
It will work because with Malachai's awakening you get free anger (Mortal Conviction) and essence worm gives free Herald of Ash. So you still have roughly 6k health and don't have to worry about mana issues at all.

This setup has benefits and the helmet itself gives you like 30 % more damage, but if there is problems, I'll just use the old setup.

Interesting idea, although you lose Zealotry, and therefore also the Arcane Surge Watcher's Eye mod. Overall according to my PoB-test this is an 8% damage loss overall, even factoring in the damage from the helmet. You gain sockets in the helmet for Golem and such, but you lose resistances on the ring slot, which could be a pretty big deal to work around.

Anyway, I am very curious how it is gonna turn out, please let me know, if you try it out!
Updated for 3.13 with a projected PoB.
Ty, i will give a try to start with your build.
Me too, thx for update!
@Moethelion Why are you saying that you need to use vitality gem (don't get me wrong vitality is still awesome defensive gem) to make up for lost energy shield regen. Pious Path regnerates your es out of your life regeneration pool, so 6% (only from CG) * 6600 life, yields ~400 life regen which also means ~400 es regen (it's not calculated separately from ES pool), that's why this node alone is probably best change across all ascendancies, at least for me. IMHO It's just stright up buff to your build mate ;)
Last edited by ojejku on Jan 13, 2021, 1:29:38 PM
"
ojejku wrote:
Why are you saying that you need to use vitality gem (don't get me wrong vitality is still awesome defensive gem) to make up for lost energy shield regen. Pious Path regnerates your es out of your life regeneration pool, so 6% (only from CG) * 6600 life, yields ~400 life regen which also means ~400 es regen (it's not calculated separately from ES pool), that's why this node alone is probably best change across all ascendancies, at least for me. IMHO It's just stright up buff to your build mate ;)

Don't you think it gives you % ES regen if you have % life regen? So if you have 5% life regen you get 5% ES regen? If not the build actually doesn't need Vitality, which would be big. I guess we'll see.
"
Moethelion wrote:

Don't you think it gives you % ES regen if you have % life regen? So if you have 5% life regen you get 5% ES regen? If not the build actually doesn't need Vitality, which would be big. I guess we'll see.

I'm 100% sure of what I said above, read the wording multiple times "CG you create causes Life Regeneration to also Recover ES". So your flat life regeneration is applied to ES and not % of life regenration calculated separately out of ES. Also PoB with 3.13 updates calculates the same way I mentioned, which is another proof if you're not convinced, thanks me later ;)
Last edited by ojejku on Jan 13, 2021, 1:30:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info