[3.13] Lancing Steel Deadeye/Raider | Very Fun Playstyle | 4-50M DPS Easy Gearing Path

I saw a few people mention the crazy-looking, 4-influence-mod astral plate above and I don't see a crafting guide anywhere in the thread here, so I will post what I did to craft mine. A lot of people might already know how to do this, but for those who don't know and want to get one of those beauties for themselves, here's all you need to know:

My chest piece, for reference (still a WIP, need T1 attack crit!):

Step 1 - Get yourself a 6-link, all-white-socket astral plate or assassin's garb with Hunter influence. Know that if you choose to go with an assassin's garb, you can expect to spend upwards of 3ex just for the clean base. An equivalent astral plate will be 50c.

OPTIONAL STEP - If you find a cheap 6-link base that already has "You can apply an additional curse" with no other influence mod, just buy it and skip to step 3. Otherwise, move to step 2.

Step 2 - Use alteration orbs on your 6-link base until you hit "You can apply an additional curse" and NO OTHER Hunter mod. Very important to make sure that +1 curse is the only Hunter influence mod on the item at this point.

The reason we are going for +1 curse on the base is to keep costs down and minimize our chances of bricking the item with the Awakener's Orb. It isn't the only way to proceed, but it's what I did and I do think it is the best method.

Step 3 - Once you have your 6-link hunter base with +1 curse and no other influence mod, you need to get a second body armor with Crusader influence and the "Enemies you kill explode, dealing #% of their life as physical damage" mod as the ONLY influence mod on it. You have a few options at this point:

Buy a base with the explodey mod as the only influence mod - this is the most expensive, but the most expedient if you have currency to spare.

Buy a base with explodey mod and ONE OTHER Crusader mod that you can remove using Harvest annuls. There are a lot of these for sale on the market with "#% of physical damage taken as lightning damage" (people use them to maven gamble for elevated explodey mod) and you can use the "remove lightning" Harvest craft to get it down to just explodey.

Buy any ilvl 85 Crusader chest base and alteration spam or Harvest it yourself. This is not recommended due to the low probability of hitting the mod and the likelihood that this method will be the most costly by far.

Step 4 - Awakener Orb time! At this point you should have a 6-link hunter-influenced base with +1 curse and a crusader base with explodey mod. Now you need to get an Awakener's Orb (either buy one for like 4-5ex or get one from killing Sirus yourself) and merge the explodey chest into the +1 curse chest. The order is important; first you right-click the Awakener's Orb, then you left click the explodey chest, then you left-click the +1 curse chest. Don't mess up the order of operations there, or you'll be very dissatisfied with the result!

The reason we started with the two prefix mods is because it provides us with the least possible chance for the Awakener's Orb to leave us with an "unfixable" item. Out of all remaining prefixes that the item can potentially roll, only ONE of them ("Reflects # physical damage to melee attackers") cannot be target removed using Harvest. Furthermore, it's weight relative to the rest of the prefix mod pool is low enough that you can be confident you won't kill your item at this stage. This isn't true for most Awakener's Orb crafts, so count yourself lucky!

Unfortunately, if you do happen to hit the dreaded physical reflect prefix, your item cannot be deterministically fixed. You can try to remove a physical mod using Harvest, but you have a chance to hit the explodey mod. There's no reason not to try, but just know that if this does happen then there's a chance you will have to start back over from scratch. If this does happen to you, in my opinion the best thing to do is to either sell the base to recoup some cost and try again from Step 1 or scour the base and spam Alteration orbs until you hit explodey mod, then use Augment Caster until you get +1 curse (you might need to do it twice, but that's OK as we can just Reforge Suffixes to clean off the spell crit later if we hit that with the first Aug Caster).

Regarding suffixes, they don't matter much at this point. It's improbable that you will hit both of the desirable mods without any Harvest crafting, so the best result aside from that would be hitting only a single suffix that we can target remove later if needed leaving us room to slam for the two suffixes we want. There are a ton of workable suffix options here so I won't go into detail, but just know that if you get bad suffixes that you can't fix later (such as attributes, stun/block recovery, etc.) then you can just use "Reforge a rare item, keeping Prefixes" harvest craft until you have a workable suffix layout. Starting with the prefixes was a good move, huh? :)

Step 5 - Getting our Crit Mods! At this stage you should have just a 6-link Hunter+Crusader item with both explodey mod and +1 curse, either a harvest-removable prefix or no other prefixes, and one harvest-removable suffix. if your item has more than one suffix on it at this point, get it down to one however you like. Multiple ways to do this.

There are a few viable methods for getting the crit mods. I will give you what I did, as I eventually decided it was the least-volatile way to go. Feel free to explore alternative avenues if you want!

My Method for Crit Mods - Augment Attack, Augment Crit (and pray)
With this method, the Augment Attack can ONLY hit "Attacks have +# to critical strike chance" as it is the only Attack mod on in the pool. Nice! There are two tiers, but if you don't get tier 1 (I didn't on mine) then you can use remove/add Attack repeatedly until you do. After you do that, you will need to Augment Critical and hope you hit the "#% chance to gain a power charge on critical strike" mod. There are two crit mods in the pool other than Attack crit: One is the power charge mod, and the other is +crit chance to spells similar to the attack one we already got. If we hit power charge with the Augment Crit, congratulations you are done with all the volatile crafting and have a finished "base" to finish with whatever last prefix and suffix you want!

If you hit spell crit, however, you would do a Remove Caster harvest craft and hope you hit the spell crit with it. Your +1 curse mod also has the Caster tag so you might hit that; if that happens, just Augment Caster to put it back on and try Remove Caster again until you hit the spell crit mod. This is cheaper than using Remove Crit to fix it, and more reliable to fix if things go wrong.

+1 curse and spell crit are the only two mods with the Caster tag in the pool, so this step has zero risk of bricking the item. The only concern is if you keep missing the Augment Crit and/or the Remove Caster, the item cost will start climbing pretty high pretty fast. Just cross your fingers for this part; you can't ruin your item at least, so there's that!

Step 6 - Just kidding, there is no step 6! If you made it to this point, you have a finished base like the one I linked above. YOu might have to fix an undesirable prefix and/or recraft the third suffix if you want, but there is no chance to ruin the item anymore. I hope this explanation helps some folks craft the armor because it really is a joy to play with.

Good luck, and happy crafting!

Last edited by redbeardsec on Feb 6, 2021, 2:34:31 PM
Raider is much better definately.

Now, single target seems complete garbage vs big guys, regular map bosses are fine but guardians/conqs the dmg is terrible even when using mark+vuln.

It gets to a point where paradoxica needs to go for a big foil otherwise i have no idea how that veritania gif was made.
"
Chridian wrote:
"
immcintosh wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:
oh right good call, hoping this build is the build to carry me through challenges, gonna start anytime now to level it, been looking forward to playing a raider again for some time now :D

Literally the reason I made this build; I'd been looking for a reason to play Raider for like 3 leagues. Wanted the zoom. Even zoomier now.

By the way, I can't really afford the best of the best, and I was hoping this could be my character to learn some more about boss-fights, so hoping I can get to kill Sirus a few times on this build and get myself an awakeners orb.
So until I do, should I prioritize 1 lgoh and 1 vuln ring or 2 lgoh rings you reckon?

I went 2 lgoh, and a different annoint, survivabiltiy is key, if you don't die things eventually will.
Hi, thx again for answering. Did my build literally today. Not really understand how it must work, but i enjoy it. I try to combine different items and gem-socketing and not sure that all fine.
My PoB: https://pastebin.com/iJtnc2B0
If u guys can help me with undertanding with one, pls help me, i'm kinda a new player.
I have few questions:
First: I know about my low-res (cold+light+chaos). I still thinking about it, maybe i should swap my Helmet to more-res helmet with smth like "Nearby enemies take a more Phys dmg". Maybe swap my Herald ring and Herald gem to Blood and Steel and equip good hp/res ring with +hp then u hit enemy. Idk, really, what's better choice?
Second: I checked poe.ninja and lot's of people use Healp Flask - not defence flask. Maybe i should use def flask for more evasion/armour. Idk
Third, connect with 2nd. Sometimes i feel like no resistance/defence/any chance to stay alive. I'm affraid of bosses, lol, cuz have no understanding what should i do before battle? Use all flasks, take a mark on boss as fast as i can. Have no idea about RIGHT and STRONG burst combination. Sometimes i killed them 2 sec, but i can't undersand why??? Like shit happen...
Last question: Sometimes i feel like NO DMG by main skill, sometimes i'm kinda unstoppable. Lot's of FUN, but i wanna und why and what's reason? And i'm sure about cleaning combination. I try to spam-clicking Lancing+Call and blinking. Works good, but not sure.

And i'm not sure about Skill Tree, maybe any clusters, maybe different way/important talants, idk. And any advices about gearing/swap any items. Pls help, i really love this build lol!
"
Raider is much better definately.

Now, single target seems complete garbage vs big guys, regular map bosses are fine but guardians/conqs the dmg is terrible even when using mark+vuln.

It gets to a point where paradoxica needs to go for a big foil otherwise i have no idea how that veritania gif was made.

You have an absolutely awful Ryslathas and it's not qualitied. Your paradoxica is also pretty poor. You bought a helm without the enchant which is the reason people tend to use that helm. The extra curse annoint is actually a trap for this build also. Non-21 lancing steel, 21/23s for it are pretty cheap. No impale watchers eye with pride, not acc capped.
IGN: Invections
"
Dealux wrote:
Hi, thx again for answering. Did my build literally today. Not really understand how it must work, but i enjoy it. I try to combine different items and gem-socketing and not sure that all fine.
My PoB: https://pastebin.com/iJtnc2B0
If u guys can help me with undertanding with one, pls help me, i'm kinda a new player.
I have few questions:
First: I know about my low-res (cold+light+chaos). I still thinking about it, maybe i should swap my Helmet to more-res helmet with smth like "Nearby enemies take a more Phys dmg". Maybe swap my Herald ring and Herald gem to Blood and Steel and equip good hp/res ring with +hp then u hit enemy. Idk, really, what's better choice?
Second: I checked poe.ninja and lot's of people use Healp Flask - not defence flask. Maybe i should use def flask for more evasion/armour. Idk
Third, connect with 2nd. Sometimes i feel like no resistance/defence/any chance to stay alive. I'm affraid of bosses, lol, cuz have no understanding what should i do before battle? Use all flasks, take a mark on boss as fast as i can. Have no idea about RIGHT and STRONG burst combination. Sometimes i killed them 2 sec, but i can't undersand why??? Like shit happen...
Last question: Sometimes i feel like NO DMG by main skill, sometimes i'm kinda unstoppable. Lot's of FUN, but i wanna und why and what's reason? And i'm sure about cleaning combination. I try to spam-clicking Lancing+Call and blinking. Works good, but not sure.

And i'm not sure about Skill Tree, maybe any clusters, maybe different way/important talants, idk. And any advices about gearing/swap any items. Pls help, i really love this build lol!

1. You need to max elemental resistances before anything else.
1.1. You need to max elemental resistances before anything else.
1.2. You need to max elemental resistances before anything else.
2. Swap damage on full life for anomalous pierce support.
3. Pick up Phase Acrobatics. The reason this isn't taken in my PoB is that The Perfect Form body armor provides it.
4. Dump crown of the inward eye; the only reason my build uses it is because it's very easy to get the lancing steel enchant on it. There are better helmets if you don't have that.
5. If you find your damage is going down, it's probably because you aren't keeping steel shards up. You need to be consuming 4 steel shards every attack.

Ultimately, defenses are more important than offenses for this build.

What do you think about this helmet? Wanna craft enemies take 9% increased phys dmg, its better than crown?
"
RichRamp wrote:

What do you think about this helmet? Wanna craft enemies take 9% increased phys dmg, its better than crown?

Probably. Plug it into PoB and see what you get.
Hey guys, I feel like doing this build as my main build/currency dump, Im really thorn between raider/deadeye, Im usually pissed by one shots etc so I guess the extra def coming from raider could be nice but idk...is deadeye really THAT much better and worth the loss in "tankiness" ?
Last edited by BozoLaCrevette on Feb 8, 2021, 6:21:21 PM
"
Hey guys, I feel like doing this build as my main build/currency dump, Im really thorn between raider/deadeye, Im usually pissed by one shots etc so I guess the extra def coming from raider could be nice but idk...is deadeye really THAT better and worth the loss in "tankiness" ?

Deadeye is not better as far as I know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info