[3.13] Lancing Steel Deadeye/Raider | Very Fun Playstyle | 4-50M DPS Easy Gearing Path

tl;dr 3.13 lvl 82 lancing steel deadeye player here. semi-beginner (3 seasons exp). leveling through acts was pain, But when it comes to early mapping it feels pretty good. the dmg is great and the tankyness/ life gain feels super solid. I have fun.

Leveling through the acts was pain and slow but at least very safe. After the first lab it was becoming better. the second time I met the lab boss I was killing him like 3 or 4 times faster. I had a 4L through all acts and other random sh** gear.

For ppl. starting now, I recommend karui amulet , thiefs torment ring and a steady phys weapon progression.

When it comes to early mapping it feels good. shortly after reaching maps i was dealing around 350k dps with only buying a cheap 6L as investment and 2x scaeva swords and the steel jewel. it was more than enough to melt the low tier bosses and mob packs.

now I leveled a bit to lvl 80 something and with not a lot further investments. I bought the bandit belt.

I am siting on 780k total dps and the first guardians are melting in a few seconds a bit like in the videos above. But still away from the 1-2m. from the POB guide early mapping dps. I know I am missing out a few dmg notes and the swords, the 30% more dmg flask dying sun for example.

the playstyle: Going with full steel stacks + blood rage in fight, right into the packs or in front of a boss (at least in early mapping, absolute no problem), the heal is crazy when dealing damage. when I lost the steels stacks I am repositioning via whirlwind, pre-casting and so on. on bosses I use a curse + banner. that‘s it.

Last edited by Philuca on Jan 17, 2021, 5:07:09 PM
Hey been enjoying the build I'm already at red maps with not too much investment. Currently thinking about swapping off thief's torment, I'm going to get 2 life on hit elder rings. Life is going to be fine but no idea how I will sustain mana. Tried a bit without and constantly running out. I checked out your pob and only mana leech seems to be from poacher's mark(self cast) that is a reasonable solution for single target but what about clear for mana? Am I missing something currently?
running around in early maps now.

The levelling trees as a whole feel really conservative when it comes to damage, getting vitality and any form of life gain on hit makes survivability a breeze. I would definitely prioritise more damage nodes over life/defense while in acts, weapon upgrades are more annoying to get early on in a league.

"
Eljusa wrote:
Hey been enjoying the build I'm already at red maps with not too much investment. Currently thinking about swapping off thief's torment, I'm going to get 2 life on hit elder rings. Life is going to be fine but no idea how I will sustain mana. Tried a bit without and constantly running out. I checked out your pob and only mana leech seems to be from poacher's mark(self cast) that is a reasonable solution for single target but what about clear for mana? Am I missing something currently?

you can get trigger poachers mark on elder rings.
You can also put one point into a small mana leech node near essence sap when you path by it later on until you have items that will let you sustain mana.
IGN: Invections
"
Eljusa wrote:

You can get mana on hit on Jewels, even 1-2 should be enough with all the projectiles and hits you get from a single cast.
I started playing this build on the new league, but didn't understand I would have to constantly spam call of steel every 3 seconds and it has me looking at different builds.

Having to constantly spam call of steel is very annoying, especially due to the cast time and the fact you stand still. Am I missing something here?
"
I started playing this build on the new league, but didn't understand I would have to constantly spam call of steel every 3 seconds and it has me looking at different builds.

Having to constantly spam call of steel is very annoying, especially due to the cast time and the fact you stand still. Am I missing something here?

Yikes, I actually completely forgot about this, but the build absolutely requires the Load of Steel unique gem with increased use speed to feel good: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Call_of_Steel. This reduces the cast time to almost-but-not-quite instant feeling and makes everything much smoother. I'll make sure to add that.

Keep in mind, you can only have 1 Lord of Steel jewel active at a time.
"
immcintosh wrote:
"

Yikes, I actually completely forgot about this, but the build absolutely requires the Load of Steel unique gem with increased use speed to feel good: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Call_of_Steel. This reduces the cast time to almost-but-not-quite instant feeling and makes everything much smoother. I'll make sure to add that.

Keep in mind, you can only have 1 Lord of Steel jewel active at a time.

Thanks for the reply, I'll throw that jewel in and see how much smoother the playstyle feels after. I had almost respecced to a toxic rain or scourge arrow build but I'll keep seeing how lancing steel compares as I've never used the ability before.
@immcintosh

Awesome build, performs very well. I feel quite squishy, but hey - most of my gear just sucks right now (no life and not 75/75/75 Res).

There seems to be something buggy with Raider: Rapid Assault states "Onslaught".
Maybe not even GGG knows what this means, but it doesn´t seem to mean that you get some Onslaught out of the box. Need a goddamn flask for it.
You do get onslaught out of the box, it doesn't show as a buff is all. You can easily test this yourself by speccing and unspeccing the second onslaught node.
IGN: Invections

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info