FPS drops

Heyyyy look at that! I log on after work (5PM EST), load up a map, select delerium mod...

go in.. frames drop to 1 FPS, I die.

FUN!

Fix your shit GGG.
Yeah, Dellirium is most droppy
"
4bsorbe wrote:

i saw this method/ but my cpu is loaded only for 40% peak/
seems like its for those who have 100% in peak

Yeah it's weird, my CPU only peaks at about 40% as well, this still helped me. I have a i7-9700K

If your CPU has 40% load and you have 8 cores, that could be ~3 cores at 100% + 1 other at lower. For an average processor utilization of 40%. The issue doesn't appear to be full processor use, but fully using 1x core.

Last edited by DiamondSlicer on Oct 5, 2020, 6:38:45 PM
would think its a sound issue? but anyways, the recent patch changed nothing
"
DiamondSlicer wrote:
"
4bsorbe wrote:

i saw this method/ but my cpu is loaded only for 40% peak/
seems like its for those who have 100% in peak

Yeah it's weird, my CPU only peaks at about 40% as well, this still helped me. I have a i7-9700K

If your CPU has 40% load and you have 8 cores, that could be ~3 cores at 100% + 1 other at lower. For an average processor utilization of 40%. The issue doesn't appear to be full processor use, but fully using 1x core.

I've tried this and its doesnt work
"
would think its a sound issue? but anyways, the recent patch changed nothing

Nope, already am playing with sounds disabled in the files. It improves the overall performance, but the core issue stays. And it will stay, because it seems like the reason for it is their new compression method. Every time you see an effect, the game doesn't just load it - it decompresses it first. In real time. Which, you know, happens for every effect on screen.

The reason we haven't seen or heard anything outside of "send us the dxdiag" and "we are working on it", is that there is likely no fix at all and they are just waiting for people to move on to a different game so the topic dies down.
Ok f... this game until they fix thous lags , its unplayable all haists are scrued becouse 2-3 sec frezzes durring the escape's
GGG, can you acknowledge us?

I'm having similar issue that I think is resulting in huge lag spikes every ~15 seconds while NOT in my hideout (maps, heists etc). I go from 30ms ping to 300-800 spikes and I play HC so this has essentially made the game unplayable. I'm just rubber banding everywhere and already lost two characters to it this league.

If I run around my HO there are ZERO spikes, the issue has something to do with loading content/monsters. Once I have cleared a map I can run around it lag free as well.

Win 10
Ryzen 9 3600x
Geforce GTX 1080ti
32gb DDR4 3600
SSD
X64 Client

One thing that did help just visual stuttering was changing my refresh rate to 120hz versus 144. But that did nothing for the lag spikes.

I've tried:
- Disable sound effects in the production file
- Tried mana reserved versus not reserved (didn't make any practical difference)
- All settings low
- Vulkan / DX11
- Limiting CPU using that program in this thread
- Enabling / disabling multithreading (this does help slightly but not enough)
- Changed from lockstep to predictive

I've been playing consistently from 3.9 and never had anything but very smooth performance. Lag spikes were very rare for me, and now I cannot go ~15 seconds without one.

"
Henry_GGG wrote:
For those that are having performance issues, can you please email techsupport@grindinggear.com with the following:
DxDiag
client.txt
(if the file size is too large, delete the old one, start the game to generate a fresh one, then send it to us)

This will help us to better track what kind of system configurations are having problems.

Just saw this response - where is this file, please?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info