[3.19] Devon's Hexblaster Occultist | Most Content Viable | Reflect Immune

Hey there, so far I really enjoy your build in 3.13, but I have some questions I've been wondering about. I'm new to PoB stuff and theorycrafting, so please correct me if I'm wrong here.

1. I'd like to use the "gimmicky" cold resistance lowering version of Hexblast you provided, but I wonder why did you choose the Frigid Wake ascendancy notable? In what ways can we profit off of it? From what I understand, our damage is pure chaos, so the 15% more cold damage does nothing. Neither does the freeze chance every 4 seconds, because we have no source of applying chill to enemies in the first place. Hexblast only has a chance to freeze, not chill... Or do we have a chance to chill but I'm missing something? The only useful thing I'm seeing from this notable is the cannot be chilled and frozen part, but if my above assumptions are correct, isn't another notable better? Vile Bastion or Withering Presence perhaps?

2. In what ways can we trigger Elemental Equilibrium to lower enemies' cold resistance further? Is it triggered through "added fire damage to spells" mod on our wand? If I understand EE and this mod correctly, with each spell hit we add 25% to fire resistance on the enemy, but also lower other resistances by 50%. So, due to our damage being pure chaos with this small added fire damage, we effectively profit from EE's lowered cold resistance on the enemy all the time. Am I correct here?

Thanks for your sharing this guide with us. Good luck in the new league. :)
"
Thanatar wrote:
Hey there, so far I really enjoy your build in 3.13, but I have some questions I've been wondering about. I'm new to PoB stuff and theorycrafting, so please correct me if I'm wrong here.

1. I'd like to use the "gimmicky" cold resistance lowering version of Hexblast you provided, but I wonder why did you choose the Frigid Wake ascendancy notable? In what ways can we profit off of it? From what I understand, our damage is pure chaos, so the 15% more cold damage does nothing. Neither does the freeze chance every 4 seconds, because we have no source of applying chill to enemies in the first place. Hexblast only has a chance to freeze, not chill... Or do we have a chance to chill but I'm missing something? The only useful thing I'm seeing from this notable is the cannot be chilled and frozen part, but if my above assumptions are correct, isn't another notable better? Vile Bastion or Withering Presence perhaps?

2. In what ways can we trigger Elemental Equilibrium to lower enemies' cold resistance further? Is it triggered through "added fire damage to spells" mod on our wand? If I understand EE and this mod correctly, with each spell hit we add 25% to fire resistance on the enemy, but also lower other resistances by 50%. So, due to our damage being pure chaos with this small added fire damage, we effectively profit from EE's lowered cold resistance on the enemy all the time. Am I correct here?

Thanks for your sharing this guide with us. Good luck in the new league. :)

1 Chose frigid wake because it's an ES based build and one of the problems is getting frozen. That node gives immunity to chill and freeze. Also, afaik, Cold based Hexblast also procs chill just like freeze. No reason for it not to proc it so the other attributes apply as well.
And it provides 10% less damage done by enemies which is great.

2 yes the small fire is used to proc EQ for the cold resist based hexblast
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Hi, looks like a fun build. I play SSF so getting Shavones usually not viable but love doing CI builds. Can this be converted to CI? I think the main change would be taking Vile Bastion instead of Frigid Wake Ascendency?
"
Vess219 wrote:
Hi, looks like a fun build. I play SSF so getting Shavones usually not viable but love doing CI builds. Can this be converted to CI? I think the main change would be taking Vile Bastion instead of Frigid Wake Ascendency?
Think it could work, why drop frigid wake though? CI is the same as low life ES in that you get frozen ans stunned easily.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Mainly just would use a crafted flask for the freeze immunity since I generally dont get unique flask unless lucky. Plus then I can get the stun immunity and some more defense with all the ES regen it gives.
"
Vess219 wrote:
Mainly just would use a crafted flask for the freeze immunity since I generally dont get unique flask unless lucky. Plus then I can get the stun immunity and some more defense with all the ES regen it gives.
Sure then, would work definitely.
any reason for using frigid wake rather than withering presence on the occultist tree?
"
forrest0205 wrote:
any reason for using frigid wake rather than withering presence on the occultist tree?

2 people already asked me this XD

Was using it because of freeze/chill immunity. ES builds have trouble with that and all of the other benefits also apply to the cold version of this build. But if you want more damage (15% more chaos was 15% chaos DoT multi before) and plan on using an anti-freeze flask go for Withering Presence. I might even take it as the default.

Honestly I would rather remove Profane bloom. Which is what I will do now.
Last edited by devon752 on Jan 17, 2021, 4:06:13 AM
What about taking pure chaos hexblast, whats difference in build?

For what is staff with 6l idnepending doom?
"
MattRonald wrote:
What about taking pure chaos hexblast, whats difference in build?

For what is staff with 6l idnepending doom?

Honestly I think elemental resistance lowering (cold) will always be better than chaos one. As for the 6L impending doom you can choose which to 6L Hexblast or impoending doom, I think both are fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info