[3.19] Devon's Hexblaster Occultist | Most Content Viable | Reflect Immune

"
Diablocbovine wrote:
"
How is (Despair + Imp Doom + Increased AoE) + (Hexblast + Supporting Dmg Buffs)

vs (Bane + Despair + Frostbite) + (Hexblast + Supporting Dmg Buffs)

Basically seems like two ways to play the new hexes but with PoB not having the capability for calculating the hexes on an enemy and such, has anyone done the math to compare how these to stack up?

Only self cast curses trigger the doom mechanic. So because bane is the actual casted skill that triggers linked curses, it won't trigger the doom mechanics. Which in turn makes hex blast weak. So You'd be better off doing Bane and Soulrend/Essence Drain/Blight. I believe the Blasphemy linked curse(s) are just there to provide their debuffs for a self casted Despair/Frostbite to trigger the doom mechanic to trigger Hexblast.

Now I don't know the math but at least bane feels a lot more league start friendly since its pretty much link curses and go. Hexblast really wants Doomsday to get rolling and then after that you need to decide between going chaos spam or adding in an ailment. Plus to me since Hexblast can crit and the Witch Tree and Occult has easy access to Power Charges, Hexblast wants to go with a crit set up.

True, but Bane also does tick in chaos damage so you are doing damage before the hexblast pop and it applies multiple debuffs so you can bane -> hb -> hb -> hb and then repeat. Which also ties into hexblast triggering elemental status ailments
Australian Summoner-Main
"
Diablocbovine wrote:
Hexblast wants to go with a crit set up.

I'd have to disagree with that since the base crit of Hexblast is 4% and you cast it every other second. So if you go full crit and don't crit on that Doomsday proc it's gonna feel mega bad. Which will happen since you will have like 60% crit chance MAX and that's with power charges, all of the nodes taken AND the critical strike chance gem. Maybe with assassin slightly more? Maybe around 80% max. Still really bad if you don't crit.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Sep 20, 2020, 11:19:44 AM
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Diablocbovine wrote:

I'd have to disagree with that since the base crit of Hexblast is 4% and you cast it every other second. So if you go full crit and don't crit on that Doomsday proc it's gonna feel mega bad. Which will happen since you will have like 60% crit chance MAX and that's with power charges, all of the nodes taken AND the critical strike chance gem. Maybe with assassin slightly more? Maybe around 80% max. Still really bad if you don't crit.

Would a bow/quiver help with that? It'll be stupid expensive but that might help close the gap.
Hey! From start wanted to play hexblast but was waiting for build.
You think with gear we can do sirius and other endgame stuff without problems?
"
RichRamp wrote:
Hey! From start wanted to play hexblast but was waiting for build.
You think with gear we can do sirius and other endgame stuff without problems?

I'm 74% sure that the answer is yes.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"
Diablocbovine wrote:
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Diablocbovine wrote:

Would a bow/quiver help with that? It'll be stupid expensive but that might help close the gap.

I think the problems will be inherent to waiting for that one second for Doomsday to finish. Its better than taking all of the other Doom Rate skills easily but a second is still a long time without like say cast speed speeding it up.

I'm hoping that a full chaos/crit Hexblast isn't the only way to build it. I'm fairly disappointed with Frostbite/Freeze and Hexblast. I haven't tried shock but my issues with Frostbite should be the same in theory. Hexblast kills everything so you don't get ailments, or what it doesn't kill, the ailments don't last long.

I've been eyeing the Searing Heat node for some ignite crit shenanigans. But it seems like to get that running well you'd need the crit and power charge nodes and a custom bow which is most definitely not league starter.
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Diablocbovine wrote:

Speaking about single target setup strictly - what if you go for a triggered Assassin's Mark?
Obviously you have to focus your tree and gear around getting as much crit chance and multi as you can, but it's not that far out of reach. Just pick up the crit nodes along the way on your current tree, play with staff, invest into power charges. You could easily hit 80% crit or more not even taking crit flask into consideration as long as you have a way to sustain power charges during boss fights.

Would require testing at higher level and I haven't really done a number comparison to a different setup, it's just a thought that popped up as I was reading through the thread.
Last edited by Gruum712 on Sep 21, 2020, 5:30:16 AM
Are you sure that Cold Penetration will work with Hex Blast? The gem says that the damage resist the lowest resistance, not penetrates enemies resistance.
Thanks
"
Are you sure that Cold Penetration will work with Hex Blast? The gem says that the damage resist the lowest resistance, not penetrates enemies resistance.
Thanks

Mark from GGG said it works so it must work :D
Hi man, I'm using Hex Blast in my starter build and I have many problems to do damage to bosses. So I have some questions, how cold penetration improve the damage? The skill aplly to less elemental resistance and cold pen don't lower The resistance. How are your damage to bosses? Could you post some videos to us? Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info