[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"
Renley8 wrote:
What's the consensus on Eye of Malice? Worth it

Basically a 10% DPS increase for regular mobs, but no change against resistant or bosses. Must run both Ele Weakness and Flammability and be near the enemy to gain the damage from increased negative resistance.

If you want to stay away from stuff, Doedre's Scorn or pre-enchanted helmets are probably next suggestion. Not as much damage gain, but still something.
I'm doing my own variation of this build and have had great success with it by maximizing my curse aoe and running despair as an aura through heretic's veil on top of skitterbots and malevolence. For about 3/4s of an exalted orb the build so far is amazing, I clear maps faster than anything else I have ever used that didn't have a headhunter. Boss DPS is good too, cleared my first 7 conqueror fights without them even getting off a single large attack so the damage is comparable to what hollow palm used to be, but much safer since I can attack from almost off screen and never stop moving. Long term upgrades now are an off color cospris will, awakened hextouch, and I'll see where to go from there. Possibly the medium cluster jewel notable that gives ignite proliferation so I can switch that out for awakened chaos support.
Last edited by SlamBradley on Sep 24, 2020, 2:07:34 AM
What enchants should we be looking out for on helms?
Kinda confused with so many variations bouncing around this thread.
Any consensus on what is the most balanced setup between qol/defenses/offenses?
Kinda leaning towards Deodre Scorn + 2-3 curses to maximise the increased damage with hits and ailments?
Not to beat a dead horse, but why aren't we Archmage? Looking at poe.ninja almost all of the highest level hexblasters run it, so it cant be that bad?
"
evilrulz37 wrote:

Unique helmet > enchanted helmet unless you've got some currency for a really good base and to mega craft it.

Choices are mainly between Eye of Malice and Doedre and PoB math says they both have pros/cons. Eye needs to be close to work and only helps with negative res, but also comes with res and evasion on the item. Doedre is overall a bit less dmg, but no res. I got a pretty high res Malice so probably sticking with it.

"
Nikerym wrote:
Not to beat a dead horse, but why aren't we Archmage? Looking at poe.ninja almost all of the highest level hexblasters run it, so it cant be that bad?

Personal preference. It probably does outperform, but I don't want to deal with looking for mana rolls, etc. You're welcome to follow the people on Ninja, but you'll be modifying your gear and tree accordingly.
"
evilrulz37 wrote:
Kinda confused with so many variations bouncing around this thread.
Any consensus on what is the most balanced setup between qol/defenses/offenses?
Kinda leaning towards Deodre Scorn + 2-3 curses to maximise the increased damage with hits and ailments?

There's only one good enchant IMO and it's Hexblast damage
"
SlamBradley wrote:
I'm doing my own variation of this build and have had great success with it by maximizing my curse aoe and running despair as an aura through heretic's veil on top of skitterbots and malevolence. For about 3/4s of an exalted orb the build so far is amazing, I clear maps faster than anything else I have ever used that didn't have a headhunter. Boss DPS is good too, cleared my first 7 conqueror fights without them even getting off a single large attack so the damage is comparable to what hollow palm used to be, but much safer since I can attack from almost off screen and never stop moving. Long term upgrades now are an off color cospris will, awakened hextouch, and I'll see where to go from there. Possibly the medium cluster jewel notable that gives ignite proliferation so I can switch that out for awakened chaos support.

Damn! Heretic's Veil looks amazing. I'm running Malevolence + Despair aura currently with life version, but in CI I will need Discipline so I would have to drop Blasphemy. But Heretic's Veil saves a gem slot from Blasphemy! And gives reduced mana reservation! Amazing!
One thing though, I'm currently running alt quality Blasphemy that gives increased AoE, so I will have to test if I want Increased AoE gem linked in Heretic's Veil :/

EDIT:
Checked in PoB and to fit in a curse aura in CI we will need to take mana reservation nodes on the tree. At least they are right below Zealoth's Oath, so only 4 points to reach Sovereignty.
Last edited by DixuMixu on Sep 24, 2020, 6:12:32 AM
Guys -

I had an idea last night when I went to sleep - check out my gear.

So I have a +3 shield that gives us a 40% enhance quality, added to 20% alternate flamm

thats 60/4 = 15 extra doom
55 /5 = 11 stacks * 35% = 385

Making the pob:
Chaos Damage can Ignite, Chill and Shock
385% More Damage with Ailments

My pob is showing 2.5 mil dps/1.2 mil for shaper

https://pastebin.com/SHd5jcXf

I think I'm probably miscalculating something, let me know.

//edit//

I think I need another +1 curse, so heres the setup with a cospris:
https://pastebin.com/QxpYxNt7

it actually does more damage apparently.

Last edited by SuckLord3000 on Sep 24, 2020, 10:24:56 AM
Yeah I did have to take mana reservation nodes, as well as socket in an efficiency jewel but when I have enlightened leveled I can take it out. As far as extra AOE on it goes, I am using Zeel's Amplifier which adds another 50% once you start killing and the veil has a built in level 22 blasphemy with reduced cost so that's another 8% aoe over a level 20 blasphemy. I am not going CI until I have an off colored 6L cospri's so that will be a hot minute, but I'll change to a shield with as much ES as possible at that point and +1 to all chaos gems. Zeel's is really good on a budget for a hybrid life/es build using heretic's on despair though, you can almost off screen aura curse if you have all the other curse nodes on the tree. I swapped off Doomsday a long while back, it isn't as useful as just building stacks immediately.
"
SlamBradley wrote:
Yeah I did have to take mana reservation nodes, as well as socket in an efficiency jewel but when I have enlightened leveled I can take it out. As far as extra AOE on it goes, I am using Zeel's Amplifier which adds another 50% once you start killing and the veil has a built in level 22 blasphemy with reduced cost so that's another 8% aoe over a level 20 blasphemy. I am not going CI until I have an off colored 6L cospri's so that will be a hot minute, but I'll change to a shield with as much ES as possible at that point and +1 to all chaos gems. Zeel's is really good on a budget for a hybrid life/es build using heretic's on despair though, you can almost off screen aura curse if you have all the other curse nodes on the tree. I swapped off Doomsday a long while back, it isn't as useful as just building stacks immediately.

Whats your rotation like without doomsday?
Kinda confused about how the whole doom gain rate thing works. How much doom do targets gain per second? Its separate doom levels for each curses right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info