3.11.2 Technical Patch

another "goodbye perfomance" patch.
juiced delirium became fully unplayable for me. when i come near monster pack it crashes me to login screen. perfect experience. perfect. a dream.
Last edited by in_hop_in on Sep 11, 2020, 8:21:40 AM
Is there a link to macOS standalone somewhere?

edit: never mind, just saw this post from Chris Wilson: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/iqcq66/3112_patch_notes/g4rp1v9/?context=3
Last edited by Mithodor on Sep 11, 2020, 2:40:24 AM
I cant launch the standalone game, PC user here, tried PackCheck but it doesn't need repairs. What do I do? I just finished downloading 23 GB of file. then I can't play POE anymore :(
"
Audio Re-export
In a similar way, we have also re-exported all of our audio files using the most recent version of the audio library we use. Normally this would be a luxury that we couldn't justify (as it'd result in a large patch), but if we're redownloading everything anyway then we'll take the free improvements to audio.

Does this mean audio will not cause FPS drops anymore, and I can re-enable sound effects finally?
Po Polsku zróbcie tę grę bedziecie mieli więcej graczy.
"
bish1k wrote:
"
Audio Re-export
In a similar way, we have also re-exported all of our audio files using the most recent version of the audio library we use. Normally this would be a luxury that we couldn't justify (as it'd result in a large patch), but if we're redownloading everything anyway then we'll take the free improvements to audio.

Does this mean audio will not cause FPS drops anymore, and I can re-enable sound effects finally?

how do you disable sound effects ?
Massive improvements! Thank you so much!
So... now instead of patches consisting of only the assets that are changed, they'll now include extraneous assets that aren't changed because they happen to be bundled with the assets that did change.

So another words, patches are now larger on average. Not good for those on small download quotas.

Also, does this change break GGPK optimization/defragmenting tools?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
3.11.2 fixed most Vulkan issues for me, finally I can see mobs and objects instead of those strange blinking squares! Still having stutters sometimes, but I believe it's because of compiling shaders on-fly, is it not? Playing on Ubuntu 20.04 via Lutris (standalone w/ DXVK), AMD RX 570, free AMDGPU drivers.
Last edited by k0rn0ux on Sep 11, 2020, 7:35:28 AM
"
Tidalkraken wrote:
Since the last patch, no longer able to launch the game under Linux :(

Same here. The improvements sound cool and all but I'd like to be able to play on Linux. :D

Manjaro 20.1
Proton 5.0-9

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info