Will Harvest Become Core Path of Exile Content?

just make seeds and recipes not tradable should be enough, but anyway ...
How about letting it go core as is but only allow 1 harvest mod per item? That way crafting stays more accessible, it makes crafting mirror items a bit easier but that would still require going the old route.
Last edited by LFO on Aug 20, 2020, 2:05:30 PM
"
LFO wrote:
How about letting it go core as is but only allow 1 harvest mod per item? That way crafting stays more accessible, it makes crafting mirror items a bit easier but that would still require going the old route.

You might actually be onto something here. Harvest crafting could come with specific Harvest modifiers of which there can only be a specific amount.
Not too many, but only so many that the item gets an initial upgrade what makes it more interesting to work with by using the old ways of crafting.
how about no never

harvest was worst league I have ever seen
I see most people complaining in fear of their league economy and enjoyment.

I suggest again

"
How about this:

Just enable deterministic crafting in standard.
Good players and those who like a challenge will play the leagues anyways so it won't affect them.

Bad players, noobs and those who want to upgrade their gear over time as they see fit and gradually grow with it could just do so in standard then.
Thank you!!!
As much as I love Deterministic Crafting, this attempt at application was a Time Sink From Hell™. It was also as simple to understand and as easy to set up as EVE Online's original Moon Mining was (/endsarcasm)

I have been noticing a trend: The more time elapses, the more complex, convoluted, and time consuming the new leagues become.

Rampage League was a small addition to the existing gameplay. Delve gave us a whole new game within the game. Not that I'm complaining about that, but...

It's a new layer of stuff People Must Have To Be L33t™. We have long since gotten PAST the point of "Being able to do all content within a league." If one truly wants to craft, one has to trade. One needs a Supply Chain From Hell to provide one with all the crap one needs to effectively craft. And frankly, if I wanted to NEED to be part of a Major Alliance to do crafting, I'd still be playing EVE Online™.

I like playing Path of Exile. I miss playing Path of Exile. Can't we just get maps a bit bigger, so we spend less time sifting garbo in our H/O???
I finally tried harvest league, I'm up to act 8 so far. I have to agree with the decision to not make it core. While I do enjoy crafting things; the power level you get from harvest crafting just seems so out of line with the base game. You get tons of rare creation and rare rerolls; and that's not even getting into the good stuff; like augmenting and rerolling specific mods, and I haven't even gotten to the TRULY good stuff yet.

I have enjoyed the league overall; because of the difference, and the joy of crafting awesome items. But it does feel like it largely makes the existing currency obsolete (except for the +quality stuff, cuz I haven't seen any harvest crafts that improve quality). The amount of crafting I could do with the normal currency I've found seems like less than 1/5 of what I can do with the harvest stuff. In some ways less than 1/20.

It is a bit of a nuisance to set everything up; and it was a bit confusing at the start, the interface was not well explained and it took me a few minutes to find the button to harvest. Then you find fancier seeds and you need to rebuild your whole setup just to get it to work. Seeds above tier 1 are quite a nuisance to manage, and some of them don't seem to even turn a profit.
There's the horticrafting station, and I haven't made one yet, and I wonder what it even does. It'd be nice if there was more info on the purpose of things before you have them.
"
Atlantis_arch wrote:
just make seeds and recipes not tradable should be enough, but anyway ...

This. A million times over. The only thing that made Harvest OP was being able to buy hundreds of seeds at a time and spamming for the craft you need. Maybe take out the tier 3 & 4 seeds too so influence isn't so easy to come by. But trying to go back to pure rng crafting is gonna stink big time.
They should just try to rebalance Harvest in the long run and replace the game's original Crafting systems with it. Harvest League made crafting so much more accessible and you haven't had to deal with multiple overlapping crafting systems to create your item(s).

Additionally it made crafting kind of "compact", I mean everything you needed were in one place, one UI which displayed and covered the whole process quite nicely.

I'm so sad this will not go into Core (yet)...
Players have a 10% chance to encounter an in-map garden. The garden has pre-specified zones able to plant a single seed, and the zones line up to produce a single RGN craft. Players grow the garden in the manner laid out. Monsters throughout the map drop seeds, and all necessary seeds for that specific craft are provided within the one map (like Metamorph). After killing all the monsters in the garden players obtain a single use scroll for a given craft (like Bestiary). More advanced layouts are RGN and gated behind map tier, and more advanced crafts (scrolls) are gated behind item level. Obviously rebalance what crafts are available in game. Seeds are collected and lost per map (like Metamorph), but the scrolls obtained from garden completion are a tradable item. Set up a unique stash tab to hold the individual scrolls.

Edit:

I feel the previous was cumbersomely written :/.
(1) Players have 10% chance to encounter a garden.
(2) All seeds necessary for that garden are obtained via killing monsters in that map. More advanced layouts are gated by map tier. Seeds are collected automatically and collected and stored similar to zone-specific Metamorph organs.
(3) Players go to the garden and plant in a pre-laid out manner. They grow the garden and kill the monsters. Completion drops 1 tradeable scroll used for 1 craft. The layout/scroll are RGN, and scrolls have a minimum item level to be used.
(4) Scrolls can be placed in the new Harvest unique stash tab.
Last edited by Aldonés on Aug 25, 2020, 5:27:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info