Will Harvest Become Core Path of Exile Content?

"
Asra101010 wrote:
"
Zanapher91 wrote:

It's like you want the perfect summer body shape in 1 month without any effort.

That is exactly what people wants and complain about.
They are playing a game developed by a company called Grinding Gear Games, where is in its DNA that you need to spend shitload of time to get your hands on GG items and then they complain about the fact that you need to play a lot in Poe to succeed.
This game needs a lot of time investment. Period. Deal with it.
You can either realize that a so time-consuming game doesn't fit your life style and just play another game or play Standard where you don't have the 3 months limit and you can just play at your pace and take 8 months to finish 1 character.
I have chosen the Standard route for example.

You are talking about the majority of the players smart guy. If they follow your advice, there will be no PoE for you to play. In life, there is something named "middle-ground", that the game needs, a space for everyone.
Last edited by Axiokersos on Aug 18, 2020, 5:07:36 AM
Being able to grind for crafts to eventually be able to craft powerful gear is providing a purpose to play. The previous way just ruins the game and you finally figured out a way to actually make crafting fun.

Personally I ALWAYS loose interest after a while playing a new league because it comes down to the grind and trying to build enough wealth to acquire what you want. And usually, it is unobtainable because prices go up faster than you can generate currency.

If this crafting system is discarded or made "impossible" to use to craft anything I know at least I will probably take a longer pause from the game. The crafting in this was the reason I continued to play.
"
Axiokersos wrote:
"
Asra101010 wrote:
"
Zanapher91 wrote:

It's like you want the perfect summer body shape in 1 month without any effort.

That is exactly what people wants and complain about.
They are playing a game developed by a company called Grinding Gear Games, where is in its DNA that you need to spend shitload of time to get your hands on GG items and then they complain about the fact that you need to play a lot in Poe to succeed.
This game needs a lot of time investment. Period. Deal with it.
You can either realize that a so time-consuming game doesn't fit your life style and just play another game or play Standard where you don't have the 3 months limit and you can just play at your pace and take 8 months to finish 1 character.
I have chosen the Standard route for example.

You are talking about the majority of the players smart guy. If they follow your advice, there will be no PoE for you to play. In life, there is something named "middle-ground", that the game needs, a space for everyone.

Ye smart guy, that's why not having much time to invest in the game I usually play Standard, which is the "middle-ground" you're talking about. Next time you want to be so smart, try to read and bold the whole sentence, not just the part of it that serves your purpose.
But if you like to whine that you don't have a 6 packs with 1 hour gym at month, well, go on :)
Last edited by Asra101010 on Aug 18, 2020, 6:12:16 AM

[/quote]

Ye smart guy, that's why not having much time to invest in the game I usually play Standard, which is the "middle-ground" you're talking about. Next time you want to be so smart, try to read and bold the whole sentence, not just the part of it that serves your purpose.
But if you like to whine that you don't have a 6 packs with 1 hour gym at month, well, go on :) [/quote]

No m8, you have never played standard. If you had played, you should know that you have to pay a million of exalts for just +20 chaos on a ring. Additionally, it is not challenging. For those reasons, standard is only for testing, boss fights etc. It is abandoned, far away from what we say middle-ground.
Last edited by Axiokersos on Aug 18, 2020, 6:46:54 AM
"
Axiokersos wrote:

No m8, you have never played standard. If you had played, you should know that you have to pay a million of exalts for just +20 chaos on a ring. Additionally, it is not challenging. For those reasons, standard is only for testing, boss fights etc. It is abandoned, far away from what we say middle-ground.

It's probably like you say on Pc.
On Console standard it's ok, there's no absurdly broken legacy items, the market is small with no bots and very few price fixers, the community is small but not too small to have some. Interactions and market.
On Pc you guys have bots, lots of bots which farm currencies, lots of currencies. That's why you pay 40 ex for a mediocre ring, I guess.

But anyway the main point is that on standard you have no time limit, so even with small amount of time per day or per week, you can finish your chars whitout asking for a completely different game.
That's what I don't understand, people asking for a completely different game while playing that game.
You can't play a basketball game and whine that is not a football game.
The grind, the hard access to end game gear, the chase items that most likely you'll Never get are elements that define Poe. You can't take them away without making POE another game.
And if Poe with these defining aspects lasted for 7 yrs, it means that this is the game people wants.
You Can improve it as much as you want in all the way you want, but the elements that define the game, must stay.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Aug 18, 2020, 7:14:38 AM
Is there any information regarding what happened with harvest items after going into standard? Like what happens with the bench and the seeds?
"
icovex wrote:
I just do not understand the people, who plays 3-4 hours/week and plays on temporary leagues, and avoiding standard. Dears for you GGG is keeping standard league, the league where all the items are always available, where your progress is stored for ages, and you can reach your sirus kill for 4-5 months in relax mode - this is ARPG game, and yes, if you have no clue in deep mechanics of this game, you should not pass this game in 30 hours gaming time.

Please play on standard, keep calm and receive the relaxation from this game. Also on standard you can find your necessary gear in trade for mostly peanuts.

Crafting is a lot more fun than trading, though, and allows for much more regular item upgrades than trading does, something that Chris Wilson himself has said is a good thing.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
premantomang wrote:
Is there any information regarding what happened with harvest items after going into standard? Like what happens with the bench and the seeds?

No official statement yet afaik but people said based on what happened in previous leagues you will probably get to keep them, but cannot use them anymore
"
at the top end of gameplay

.... to top 1-2 % of players you mean? Do you really need to balance the game around these?
Really sad to hear this decision. For me, the deterministic crafting was the best thing added to the game, since the Fall of Oriath expansion, maybe even better than that.
As a casual SSF player, having an accessible way to craft my own gear instead of the chaos-lottery method felt really great. The seed collecting and harvesting was a bit meh, but it was worth it for the crafting.
Even if it's nerfed, so it can't craft best in slot gear or T1 mods, it would still be fine for me.

But with so many "whatever" content making it into the core game, it feels really bad that this great thing will be a goner.
IGN: Maelifica

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info