Will Harvest Become Core Path of Exile Content?

Sad decision. It's really surprising that GGG can't see the benefits of keeping deterministic crafting, and how removing it will be damaging to their own game when it enabled a lot of people to finally experience the full breadth of the game.
Whilst I understand, and partial agree with, why you are doing it, I think you've gone about it in a pretty risky way.

If you wanted to try out a more deterministic crafting system, you should have tempered the system, what you have done is given everyone the keys to the city for 3 months, and then taken them away.

Whilst it won't stop me playing, it's a dangerous line to tread (IMO)
i was afraid Harvest would stayù, whole garden situation and horticraft station are cancer... but crafting is not.
slotmachines are bad for health.
thanks god is gone
https://www.twitch.tv/boredmga
Last edited by mega2k0 on Aug 13, 2020, 3:57:07 AM
"
JuldaFulda wrote:

Damn bro. Dont tell me iam the one who pick rare items, identify them and worth of them use in build :D

You're not. It's mainly just an issue that there are several people here who have never seen PoE end game until this league, saw it, found it problematic and then blamed the league mechanic for it.

They'd rather crafting be ineffective so they never get to end game, and can pretend that the end game problems don't exist.
I do fully understand fear about destroying economy, but I can assure you I did nothing to endanger economy in this league. Even with hundreds of hours put to the game this league, even with Harvest mechanics.

GGG should realize, that what we see when watching popular streamers is NOT what average player of POE experiences. Crafting was best experience for me this leauge eventhough I wished to have access to more frequent Harvest crafts (I didn't really buy seeds as I don't enjoy current trading iteration). I did zero mirror-worthy (or half-mirror worthy for that matter) items and my gear is pretty pathetic, best thing I crafted this league was explo chest (majority of all my earnings went into this craft and not much Harvest crafting was included).

It's same picture every league: I stop playing after sinking a lot of time into league due to lack of progress because every upgrade piece would need several (dozens) exalts and I am not simply able to earn that just by running maps.

It's not really about what the particular league mechanics is, I enjoyed all recent leagues, it's lack of progression due to lack of currency to craft/buy better gear for average player. Harvest is of course solving it this league, but only if you resort to buying T1 seeds to have juice for speedy T2+ harvesting.
Last edited by ixxxo on Aug 13, 2020, 3:59:46 AM
"
BigPowner1 wrote:
As someone that plays this game a lot - and has been playing video games since atari(i have a lot of experience with games). What i really liked about this mechanic, was that it made crafting and having an "end game" build something that was possible for players that dont have 8+ hours every day to play(im speaking about the mass majority of your player base).
This mechanic has made it so that players can actually realistically get items like #% explode chests - have curse rings etc
To make this more of a reality of how impossible crafting has been for most players - you have players that have played your game for years that have never crafted - because they simply never get the currency to realistically do it.
I am not saying this as one of the players that dont craft - im in the 1% that crafts massively every league. I can tell you for a fact that the players that are against this league mechanic fall only into two groups 1: the players like myself that dominate the market because they have the currency and knowledge to craft - but are greedy and want to continue dominating the market Or 2: players that are listening to players in this category complain and just repeating it.
I like the mechanic - im still able to get the gear ide usually have but other players also realistically have a way to play with the same stuff i do(to a certain degree - realistically there is still a big difference in the rolls on my gear and the mass majority - not every player is getting full sets of 5-6 * t1 rolls on every item + divined to perfect rolls on multiple characters.)

Really simple how you make it a part of the game thats still accessible but not too accessible really early league
1: add as master - this makes it so every player gets to build it up with some infrequent spawns in maps
2: add it as a scarab - this will make it so as loot becomes more common and abundant as the league goes on players that want to farm it will be able to run it every map.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the reasons listed for people disliking the harvest crafting.
Glad to see some of you rich bois are not just thinking about themselves, massive kudos to you mate!
"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
Erichan wrote:

Ah yeah how silly of us low IQ I forgot that monsters drop the best items in the game for every slot.

Meanwhile some high iq guy spamming 100000 alts to hit a prefix. Fun indeed.

Nah, the true high IQ end game is farming headhunter(s) or related divs in between UE fights (Depends on how much you can stomach mass trading for frags) until you have a couple hundred exalts then playing literally any other game while you wait for the 1 in a quadrillion chance that a gear with more then four good affixes comes up for mirror service or sale.

Truly the highest of IQ.

(I just felt like reiterating that, even for someone at the "Higher end" of the spectrum, the removal of seedcrafting seems a bit ass backwards xd)

HH is legit the most stupid item in the game lol. Has nothing to do with "High-IQ" Player. People who are playing with HH simply are used to it and can´t play without it. Thats all lol.
if almost everyone here is so salty about deterministic crafting getting dumped, then why are the player numbers so bad? are these people the vocal minority?
"
dachoppa wrote:
if almost everyone here is so salty about deterministic crafting getting dumped, then why are the player numbers so bad? are these people the vocal minority?

You're misrepresenting the data, it's not the crafting people didn't like, it was the harvesting mechanic.
"
darkilein1 wrote:

HH is legit the most stupid item in the game lol. Has nothing to do with "High-IQ" Player. People who are playing with HH simply are used to it and can´t play without it. Thats all lol.

Are you just reading through this thread backwards and replying to random comments so you can try to win some kind of "I took the most posts completely out of context for no reason" award?

Also I don't use HH, I just have done a lot of HH div farming with ranger, as it's one of the very few things ranger can generate currency with, so I commented as such.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info