Will Harvest Become Core Path of Exile Content?

RIP the best thing they have ever added to poe

next league looks like a skipper
As much as I agree with you, like I have some insane items I would never normally have, I’ve never played one character so long before. The “realistic” reach of top tier items has given me reason to keep playing, instead the usual “well that’s as good as this characters going to get because my next upgrades are too far away”.

I understand the problems this mechanic has but I assure you it’s mainly due to certain “tags” on modifiers. Sure, some are too powerful so there needs to be changes to how powerful it can be (but no not completely removing the opportunity to craft insane top tier stuff) but the deterministic targeted crafts just make so many more item exciting!

I really think just changing the tags on certain mods would fix all the overpowered ness of the system. Pin pointing specific mods shouldn’t be a thing but targeting specifics is just too good to miss. I will miss Harvest and my most OP gear I’ve ever crafted...

TLDR; Certain things are too powerful but the fundamentals are so good!
I'm sad :(
──▒▒▒▒▒▒───▒▒▒▒▒▒───▒▒▒▒▒▒───▄████▄
─▒─▄▒─▄▒──▒─▄▒─▄▒──▒─▄▒─▄▒──███▄█▀
─▒▒▒▒▒▒▒──▒▒▒▒▒▒▒──▒▒▒▒▒▒▒─▐████──█─█
─▒▒▒▒▒▒▒──▒▒▒▒▒▒▒──▒▒▒▒▒▒▒──█████▄
─▒─▒─▒─▒──▒─▒─▒─▒──▒─▒─▒─▒───▀████▀
I started this time in trade league and it felt utterly garbage with the seed crafting.

then i went to ssf hc and it felt so amazing, i loved it so much and i wish it would stay just for that.
For the first time in my life since Path of Exile came out I feel like I'm actually playing and making something good for my self. You finally made a league where chill players like me can log in farm craft be happy and exit. I've played almost every day of harvest league. I'm sure many others did the same. You have to know that there are more chill players than hard core players and with this league you have made us stay and spend money. I will be extremely sad and depressed to see the league go :(((((((((((((((((( Also this is the first league where you dont have to rush and be stressed as FUNK to achieve something. Its extremely satisfying :( Please dont ruin it :(((((((((
──▒▒▒▒▒▒───▒▒▒▒▒▒───▒▒▒▒▒▒───▄████▄
─▒─▄▒─▄▒──▒─▄▒─▄▒──▒─▄▒─▄▒──███▄█▀
─▒▒▒▒▒▒▒──▒▒▒▒▒▒▒──▒▒▒▒▒▒▒─▐████──█─█
─▒▒▒▒▒▒▒──▒▒▒▒▒▒▒──▒▒▒▒▒▒▒──█████▄
─▒─▒─▒─▒──▒─▒─▒─▒──▒─▒─▒─▒───▀████▀
I mean the power of harvest needs to be toned down slightly, or rather the accessibility to how often it's achievable should be toned down. But having the excitement to be able to do long-term projects like mirror items in this league is actually really fun.

I was very negative to the league in the start of the league because it brought to much easy power but I quickly realized that the core issue with this game is that it is way to easy so it doesnt really matter if people have access to previous mirror tier gear in a simple fashion like this because well you were destroying content before and you still are now, the only difference is you crafted the gear yourself instead of farming tons of ex from Delirium to buy gear. I mean yes fossil crafting exist but that system kinda lost a bit of its value once most of the fossil only mods was moved to influence bases.

Regardless of how they implement Harvest it will lose a lot of its high-end power when it doesn't exist in every single map.

I'm still hoping for a complex league mechanic next time around, this game has been way to simple since Synthesis I was really hoping Harvest would fix this but constructing a garden turned out to be easy. Even just bringing out the full Synthesis system as a part of 3.12 would be really amazing, but I still think they are to scared of idiots on reddit to cry. (The technology to show synthesizer outcomes ingame exists since we have anoint with blight among other thigns that actually was a problem in the end of Synthesis league)
Farmville GTFO.

Glad it's out, I was about to uninstall the game for good.
Please. No more labyrinth.
Thanks for a wonderful league. Its been a lot of fun crafting in SSF
I understand that the system is too powerful for the normal leagues,
but its been pretty balanced for SSF at least
I will enjoy Harvest some more until the league ends :-)
"
VenomBlad3s wrote:

I'm still hoping for a complex league mechanic next time around, this game has been way to simple since Synthesis I was really hoping Harvest would fix this but constructing a garden turned out to be easy. Even just bringing out the full Synthesis system as a part of 3.12 would be really amazing, but I still think they are to scared of idiots on reddit to cry. (The technology to show synthesizer outcomes ingame exists since we have anoint with blight among other thigns that actually was a problem in the end of Synthesis league)

Honestly, a big part of the problem with Synth was that doing the actual synth map content was far too brutal for the majority of players. During that league I started and converted into a deep delver and even managed to drop a mirror during that league. I used that money that dropped relatively early to transition into doing cortex carries and farming fracture/synth bases and reselling.

Even with a build (WOrb Trickster) that was worth hundreds of exalts, funded by a deep delving build around 4-6k depth, I got one shot regularly. Doing deathless synth was impossible if you didn't outright leave maps that rolled fairly common affixes.

Harvest was a great system, but it brought an extreme amount of power creep. In order for it to go core, it also needs a content patch that brings a stimulating end-game to challenge the players that have now essentially reached the point that could only be reached if you played the game for a living.

I would be curious to see what would happen if we had access to the Harvest system and Synth side by side. It would be glorious fun.
Last edited by EpsiIon on Aug 13, 2020, 3:36:23 AM
I'm on page 43, so do I even bother posting ...

How you read GGGs post, entirely depends on how you interpret this statement:

"at the top end of gameplay, Harvest has made it too easy to gain very powerful items that previously required a lot more work and investment to acquire"

Where is the "top end", and what is "too easy"?

If it's at all accessible for the top 2% of players in a month, then it will be accessible to 0.01% of players on Day 1.
If it's accessible to the top 0.01% of players in a month, then the top 2% of players won't have a chance of doing it at all in a whole challenge league.

Now lets say they just cut the top off the Harvest mechanic ... i.e. no T1 mods, not tailwind, no explode chests.
Even if you can craft T2 and below Life and Resists on items, that invalidates > 99.9% of items that drop ... most of which are already garbage.

Harvest REALLY highlights the big problems with other aspects of the game / economy:
- Drops are all bad (statistically speaking)
- Trade is horrible to interact with - both buying and selling.
- Crafting is generally useless for the majority of players.

Prior to Harvest, my crafting was limited to:
- Slamming essence of greed on the 6L Astral Plate I bought, and crossing fingers for resists
- Buying the Stygian Vise someone forgot to craft a 3rd resist on, benching and reselling it

Anything beyond that was really reserved for rich players who can afford to waste an infinite amount of currency to get what they want.

If we can no longer craft our own gear, can you PLEASE at least make trade less terrible?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info