Share Your Path of Exile Memories With Us!

I always enjoyed playing the acts and grinding for gear in this game. I remember how noob I was thinking conc effect would also increase the curse effect *shrugs*

Playing solo and discovering about trade sites, YouTubers like Mathil, and following the advice of others allowed me to improve quite a bit.

My most cherished memory in this game is, well, getting to know about Bex and the community. Bex If you are reading this, you have all the reasons (and then some) to be proud of yourself.

List of things I love about PoE wouldn't fit here but most most most favs are Izaro quotes, soundtrack, and the premium stash tabs. We need more variety of tabs :D
lol
One time way back in beta I was having a LAN party with my mates, so I chucked Chris a private message asking if he could send me five beta keys... and he did. Thank you, Chris. I think we got up to the Lower Prison with the six of us; game was wayyy harder back then!

Also this (not mine)

IRON MAN
Oh man I Got a 2 I always think about every now and then.

Back when act 4 got release, me and my friend made to the last boss. The weird bone whole opens my buddy goes in to start the fight. At this point in the game, the new content has been a bit overtuned. We chug along pretty good, my buddy goes into the boss room I take a portal back to town waiting for him to start the fight. I get the OK to go in and as soon as I load my friend screams. His Hp dropped instantly and I'm like "Haha lemme show how take this boss down" . I enter get a few attacks in then get stunned and tentacle raped by Mala... Dead.
Afterwards it was just us going in one at a time to hit the boss once or twice then dying. Man we were trying to hard it was funny. And that was just the first phase.

The second, I forget the league that it was in but we were queued in on the beach at league start waiting for the timer to end. Me and my friend sitting in discord talking about our builds and what gear to forward to one another so we can get to mapping as soon as possible. My friend was on about how Hillock was gonna drop a mirror. The timer ends and we off. I kill hillock first and I'm waiting in town reading Global 1. They start posting blue gear for like 10ex along with other random trash. Some person gets a redbeak and im telling my friend about it and he end just starts Laughing his ass off. - "Oi, I just freaking dropped a Tabula."

Me - "Bro Stfu man you're just messing with me". Proceeds to link me the item. I'm blow away with his luck laughing with him.
"Dude you gotta link in Chat".
He links it and Global goes nuts and people are PMing him with offers. He start just dying, a player got so mad that he PM - FU you Loser.

This a game that I always come back to. I made good friends here and its helped with those days when I just needed a break. Thanks GGG for the great game.
Last edited by Neku26 on Aug 9, 2020, 11:14:24 PM
i remember when opening stash in standard did not crash the game. I remember when PoE wasnt a bug-infested endless beta-testing of raw leagues. Just off the top of my head. Good old times.
Beating yellow elder on a non-gaming laptop with a USB travel mouse (the colored coating was worn off the buttons by the time the league was over) and my first ever character was pretty fun.

[EDIT]That is to say, it felt like I accomplished something.

Ditto for the first time I fought a Gorgol Terror.
Awakened Combustion Support when?
Last edited by NoIguanaForZ on Aug 9, 2020, 11:27:21 PM
Two things of note:

My first Untainted Paradise map from Zana! So many monsters and so much experience.

Emailing Chris about game play ideas and getting a response more than once!
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
My earliest memory in PoE is: december 2012 and how my neighbour played with marauder in act1 flooded depths and i was thinking "wohoo, this game looks cool, maybe its what ive been waiting to play in this genre" >> i think he played in beta cuz i remember i waited couple months to join in normal game and here i am now, 2020, with just an year of break when i was abroad, but it was needed to come back stronger. :)
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
Oh I don't know. The fact that i have over 40k hours and not a single mirror drop while there is a situation, where i told friends to try poe and one of them had mirror drop within first week of playing the game....

or like farming felshrine ruins cuz that was endgame content back in 2012/2013. Stuff was hard aff, white mobs hitting like a truck. Good times I suppose XD
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by IgRaMzApIvU on Aug 9, 2020, 11:57:42 PM
dunno, it's been a long time, but maybe this:

i wanted to complete the "beginner's luck" achievement (get a unique on the twilight strand in act1) and farm an oni-goroshi. after a couple of runs, hillock dropped a tabula. saved me a lot of time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info