Share Your Path of Exile Memories With Us!

Pre-Nerf Tornado Shot Magic Find Deadeye, awesome times.

That would probably be this screenshot showcasing my "Adrian Monk"-Level gem-sorting OCD. For those not knowing, some gems (Chain, Elemental Hit, I'm looking at you) were not obtainable from vendors back in ye olden days. The gems here are sorted from highest quality/level to lowest from the outside in.
Also: Having a 5-Link was huge. Added bonus: Old globe girls. <3

And of course the mandatory
, which everyone and their mother linked to their main skill for obvious reasons. :D
I remember

• The first time hearing about PoE with the templar trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZycHZmvy2n0 which had an article because of the copious amounts of blood in the trailer. Let’s not dwell to long on the fact that swiming pools of blood is what got me to check out PoE.
• When I bought into the beta.
• The first time I loaded into the twilight strand and I was reading items to see if I wanted to keep some kind of armor hat or a piece of wood with a green and red ornate socket on it. Oh blessed inventory tetris, if felt so good.
• The developer commentary Total biscuit video when I saw it was time to check out the progress that had been made. I know he had made more PoE content but I remember this particular one for some reason. Maybe it was the enthusiasm of the dev explaining things to him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97SskaQuijo
• When spork totems were king
• When there was a two week patch cycle and new skills were dropped when playable. Or accidentally revealed and then just given (looking at you ball lightning).
• When there were only two acts and four difficulties.
• Spending days on the wiki trying to get to grips with the game systems.
• Putting on some music and settling into a fellshrine ruins grind.
• The first league I played in (Ambush) and feeling the potential of leagues and loving being part of them.The feeling of getting to participate and test wacky new ideas to see if they had merrit still appeals to me.
• When the passive tree wasn’t just large but being overhauled often. Often changing more then half of the nodes.
• Endless ledge. I will just leave this here recalling with fond memories the one hour ledges I ran on relaxed evenings.
• Tempest league getting me into hardcore. I am still sad I caught on to late and I didn’t play more of it. I only got to 70 with a flame surge self cast witch when the league ended if I recall correctly.
• Loving the addition of the labyrinth with it’s traps and interesting lore and then raging hard at Izaro swipe one shots.
• Helping a friend kill herself with only evangelist corpses around. So a raise spectre trap made with cast on death would spawn which in turn would raise snapshotted spectres after expiring, Hmmm snapshotted spectres...
• Learning about increased physical damage taken during an Oro’s build and dying to a random porcupine spike gently floating across the screen. Seeking to end my my life. Which it did.
• Loving the fact that Breach league got so many more people into the game but sad that it wasn’t quite what I was hoping PoE would catch on for. Sometimes I still wonder what else could have been if Breach hadn’t been the huge success it was.
• Getting my halo from the test run of MTX for challanges. I don’t even remember if it was a flashback league or something else.
• Playing the game after lockstep was released. I must admit I still occasionally put in /oos to pay tribute.
• Getting whacked by uncapped devourer packs.
• Learning the dangers of dropbears and that supporter uniques could take your face off.
• Laughing at the Rhoa Population Preservevation Society Message. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAB0ZjWSQso
• Listening to the dominus remix when it dropped and putting it on loop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOpGBys5ljw
• Getting to know mathil through the build of the week series. “So he is the guy that made the elemental buzz saw. Hey, he is kinda good at this maybe I should keep an eye on him”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrFWBgcI9Go
• The introduction of loot filters and the by now pavlovian response to the exalt drop sound. Also, pop!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt-RGWofGQs

These are just some of the things I remember fondly from my time with PoE. There are a lot more but these were the first to come to mind.
When you died on hc to magic pack with corrupted blood and you had no idea how to deal with it yet, hahaha
So Hardcore, So Nemesis, So Awsom.
Back in 2012-2013 or so, I was a lecturer at a university, and one of my colleagues and myself were jamming out in the Open Beta. Back then the endgame grind was basically running Vaal Oversoul on Merciless. My colleague and I started to get a little bored, but then one day GGG dropped the trailer for Act 3. I remember watching the trailer in my faculty office with my buddy, and we couldn't contain our excitement, just hootin' and hollerin' at all the new tile sets and monster models. The noise echoed down the hallway, and a couple of the undergrads came running into my office to see what all the noise was about.

Anyway, a few days later I was giving a lecture to my theater and film class in an auditorium of about 100 students. After the lecture, I asked if anybody had any questions, and seeing as no hands were going up, I started to pack up my lecture notes and exit the podium. Just then, one of the students in the front row raised his hand and said, "Professor, I know this isn't related...but I was wondering if I should take Iron Reflexes. Do you think the armor bonus is a good trade-off for losing my evasion rating?" The whole auditorium just stared completely confused at the student and then stared at me. So, I walked back up to the podium, adjusted the microphone, and then, full-professor style, I went on a 5-minute lecture about why the benefit of Iron Reflexes wasn't the armor rating trade-off, but that it allowed you to access a more diverse set of armor bases, which in return increased the probability of finding upgrades.

Much to my humor, some of the students actually popped their notebooks back out and started jotting down notes. At the end of my lecture about armor base diversification and upgrade probability, I had this one student raise her hand and ask, "Is this going to be on the test?" I started laughing my butt off, but then, to be a good sport about it, sure enough, on the next unit test I included an extra credit question that read: "What is the benefit of taking the Iron Reflexes passive?" To this day, that has been one of the best inside jokes of my whole career. Thanks, GGG!
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░░░░░░░░░░
░▌▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░▌░░░░▄███████▄░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐███████████▄░░░
░░░░░le░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░toucan░░░░░░▀▄░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░░░has░░░░░░░░▀▄▄███████████████
░░░░░arrived░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀██████░░

always a pleasure to see this boi in chat. besides that my best moment by far was seeing my first ever made Hideout in your Hideout Showcase on Jun 30, 2016 <3
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Last edited by guggelhupf on Aug 10, 2020, 3:54:36 PM
"
dorougch wrote:
Back in 2012-2013 or so, I was a lecturer at a university, and one of my colleagues and myself were jamming out in the Open Beta. Back then the endgame grind was basically running Vaal Oversoul on Merciless. My colleague and I started to get a little bored, but then one day GGG dropped the trailer for Act 3. I remember watching the trailer in my faculty office with my buddy, and we couldn't contain our excitement, just hootin' and hollerin' at all the new tile sets and monster models. The noise echoed down the hallway, and a couple of the undergrads came running into my office to see what all the noise was about.

Anyway, a few days later I was giving a lecture to my theater and film class in an auditorium of about 100 students. After the lecture, I asked if anybody had any questions, and seeing as no hands were going up, I started to pack up my lecture notes and exit the podium. Just then, one of the students in the front row raised his hand and said, "Professor, I know this isn't related...but I was wondering if I should take Iron Reflexes. Do you think the armor bonus is a good trade-off for losing my evasion rating?" The whole auditorium just stared completely confused at the student and then stared at me. So, I walked back up to the podium, adjusted the microphone, and then, full-professor style, I went on a 5-minute lecture about why the benefit of Iron Reflexes wasn't the armor rating trade-off, but that it allowed you to access a more diverse set of armor bases, which in return increased the probability of finding upgrades.

Much to my humor, some of the students actually popped their notebooks back out and started jotting down notes. At the end of my lecture about armor base diversification and upgrade probability, I had this one student raise her hand and ask, "Is this going to be on the test?" I started laughing my butt off, but then, to be a good sport about it, sure enough, on the next unit test I included an extra credit question that read: "What is the benefit of taking the Iron Reflexes passive?" To this day, that has been one of the best inside jokes of my whole career. Thanks, GGG!

Wow, this is an awesome story! Glad I noticed it.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Memory of conversion trap being useable in the game <3
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Aug 10, 2020, 4:34:59 PM
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░░░░░░░░░░
░▌▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░▌░░░░▄███████▄░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐███████████▄░░░
░░░░░le░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░toucan░░░░░░▀▄░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░░░has░░░░░░░░▀▄▄███████████████
░░░░░arrived░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀██████░░

So Hardcore, So Nemesis, So Awsom.
My favourite memory is probably my dumbfounded face once i saw that i had 1100 hours played in 4 months since the launch of 3.0.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info