Share Your Path of Exile Memories With Us!

Online friends told me of this open beta coming out. It's like diablo they said. Heard of it, never played it.
My eyes widened upn seeing the fireball customization. And then the skill tree. And last with the random generated zones. Also for a long while I presumed the map device was supposed to be able to merge up to 4 different maps assets into 1 big? I know, how silly.

I remember being afraid of doing Piety's encounter due to its difficulty.

I remember reaching maps for the first time, in Anarchy league. Those rogue exiles are no joke, but I can take them, I said. step into Arid Lake, pop pop, dead. I think it was the trap or the EK one.

And talking about Anarchy, dock runs to find Igna Phoenix and how strong she was. Good times!

Dominus farming up to lv94 in groups, with one of the most broken build at the time : chin sol three guardians Puncture trap. So funny. It was at the same time Zana would offer single portal beyond seawitch map, and with the ice shot fire prolif, you would just shoot once on the beginning, hit something off-screen and crash the game. Now that was just hilarious! Atziri got farmed that way too, after being so afraid of her encounter as well for a long time.

Got not only 1, but TWO albino rhoa feathers, on HC, farming mud flats back then, when I heard about them. Still sitting in my standard stash surrounded by divines.

Trading the old fashioned way with forum posts and a program that would list it all.

"/oos" as a macro on my Razer death adder side button.

Endless ledge races.

Randomly dropping a Shav in A3 Merciless during I think was one of the first mayhem fun times. And a Mjölner. And accidentally 6Linking a pledge of hands in 1 fusing because I just wanted to do 1 and then vendor it.

Using an Eternal Orb on a death harp because it was in the challenge description without knowing how insanely rare they were and how discontinued they would be. Iirc I didn't finish that challenge too.

Giving up on HC definitively, after my fourth 6kHP duelist char died, off an essence mob that had "VOLATILE BLOOD". Back when those would just explode on death instantly for outrageous amount of damage.

Shaking when doing my first Shaper, Elder, and UE. Yup. I felt those.

Can't wait for PoE 2! (Ah, just kidding, of course I can wait. I don't have a choice!)
my best memory it was 2 years ago i was doing for the first time the map of minotaur and didnt know how to kill it was so hard in my last portal i finally made it and then a so loud "whistle" make my hearth frozen .. it was my first mirror!!!.... you know i feeled soooo happy and... the damm death flag come to me!!! i hurried and didnt see i was with bleeding :C .. iwas at 3 steps from him... MY PRECIOUS .. but i died and with no portals well i only closed the game put my shoes and goo for a walk... i still remember with funn that moment and allways check for bleeding and for a precious!! ;)
My favorite memory:
I had been playing Path of Exile for a few years. Very early in one league I had a Crown of Eyes drop. They were worth about 20 Exalted at the time, but I thought nothing of it. I eventually got around to posting it for 20 Exalted. I instantly got PM'd by a guy, we talked for a bit and he got me to go down to 10 Exalted. He was #5 on the ladder at the time.

Fast forward to now (6 years later), he's one of my best friends. He also had a group of IRL friends that played the game, and we've all become great friends.

I even plan on taking a flight to Canada for POE2 when it gets announced to play IRL with all of them.
I began PoE in late 2013. My only experience with ARPG at this point was some hours in Diablo 2 circa 2010.
Basically, I knew nothing about the genre. What attracted me to PoE was the dark and gothic ambient.

My first "build" was a Shadow with Dual Strike and Fire traps.
- Die in flames, skeletons, mwahaha !
Talking about skeletons, I was so bad at the game I barely avoided any projectile (attacks or spells) from the skeletons in Chambers of Sins. (At this time, there was still only 3 acts).

Also, I didn't know about resistances. And who cares about +life on the stuff ? That's for schmucks. Armour ? Don't know how it works, lul.
(Today, if I do not have +70 life on each and every piece of stuff, I get sick. Of course, all my elem res are capped from act6 onward. But I still don't get how armour works !)

No wonder I'd die all the time when reaching the Merciless mod. I don't remember how I could beat Dominus.
But I do remember how I was afraid of the spectral dogs that vomit flames in the Docks, or the Porcupine unique in the Imperial Gardens.

First time I'm engaging in trade, I was so excited too : I'm gonna buy from a real player, for real ! "My heart RRRaces, I... am... alive" ;) :D Can't remember what item it was, though.

First time I reached a red map in the Atlas, I was so afraid. (It was Primordial Pool, I think) : I am so going to die, monsters are way too strong for me !

First time I fought the Minotaur, in a white T16, I could barely remove 10% of his life in the 3 remaining portals I had.
That's when I seriously began to learn the rules of the game, and invest in actual, efficient stuff.
I had no idea an ARPG could have so many rules and so many detailed mechanics.

First time i fought the Shaper still is my best memory of the game. I'm here, killing the second creature of the void and passing through the purple portal.
"These memories are mine, I cannot lose them".
And at this moment, I know it's over for him. I have 3 portals left, my DPS is good, I know all his attacks by now, no way he can beat me.
So I rush on him, and do all the DPS I can, and boom, culling strike !
It's midnight, and I'm the king of the world :)

On my first Uber Elder, I feel confident but I get properly recked, all 6 portals in a matter of seconds. My second set of frags is burnt within 5mn and I couldn't remove 25% of Shaper life.
It will take me about 10 tries before i can finish the fight, on the last portal.

And to this day, after 7 years, I still haven't found my first Mirror, not even a shard. RNGesus, plz !
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Aug 10, 2020, 3:19:02 AM
My best memory was seeing this insane meta build for 2.4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPkTlBZg99k

Clearly the strongest at that time and nerfed directly after league end :(
My favorite memory was when every league was overturned or over designed at the start for the past 2 years and it taking weeks to get the obvious issues that showed up within the first hour of maps that were for whatever reason overlooked.
Last edited by thep10xer on Aug 10, 2020, 3:38:23 AM
I have many good memories with Path of Exile, but my best memory up to now is probably when I got my mirror back to Incursion, my fourth league playing the game. I was doing a Pier map inhabited by one of the Elder's guardians, and the mirror just dropped out of a random pack of mobs. I coulnd't stop laugh for like two minutes when I found it, it seemed so absurd on the moment. I picked it, showed it to some of my friends before selling it for some exalts (it was not that far from the beginning of the league iirc). I was a really casual player, not very much into farming properly to get the most of my maps, and selling this mirror and getting that much currency made me experiment what a high budget build and Headhunter were capable of in the game. I'm still a casual player today, but getting those changed my vision of the game and helped me understand how much time you can gain with the proper method.

Here's a screen of the beast! (yup, I sold pretty much every crappy unique I found back in the time :-x)
Always loved to play with summoner classes. And even that I should re-summon my zombies each time I reenter locations, didn't stop me from playing this amazing game ))
My favourite memories of the game are very nebulous, they are mostly just loose threads that tie together the people I played with, what was going on in the game, and the various character projects I was working on during those times.

The main thing that stands out above that were the old POE Race events. They ticked just the right boxes for me and I forced myself to get up at 6am to participate in a 10m boss rush etc. It was super intense (not at all healthy, I can see why they stopped them, but I do wish we'd see something similar again... somehow), multiple mini-events throughout the day for multiple days.

I'm still really happy to have managed to get this thing from those old events.

Even if I've never found a use for it, it's still a great trophy to hold on to.
I played since the closed beta and i remember my very first time. Dark gloomy beach and my ranger doing pew-pew.

Also, a bright memory is deaths by Cole. That was intense :D
And i play a lot without guides, and dies a crazy lot of times.

Also i remember how i collect currency during a year to spend all of it to 6L Shavronne and my Mirror drop during leveling.

My favorite part of POE is the passion of Chris and the core team. While some devs focused on profit, GGG is really interested in a awesome game experience. As a player, i feel that sincere love from the PoE team.
POE is the first game where i spend money not because i want to buy something specific, but because i want to say "thank you for your work!".

It's kinda sad to see what POE becomes. All that rushed unpolished leagues.
I skip the whole Delirium to rest from POE, but Harvest feels boring and rushed too. So, i guess i try to comeback with POE2, but all that GGG + Tencent story just remind me Blizzard + Activision sad story :'(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info