[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
Mourisson wrote:
Hi, nice build! Just a little note, Tawhoa's Chosen doesn't benefit from warcries (GGG said warcries didn't benefit mirages, Tawhoa is a Mirage Chieftain), so it only is a ~8.5% more modifier, rather than the 66.7%-ish more that you have in your builds.

Other than that, I really like your build!

You can see that from a plane but it's way more cool to write down in title that build does 256 M DPS. :)

A lot of people nowadays want to overpump dps in their POB and add tons of mods and numbers on their own.

Build is ok as a starter but a bit too slow and clunky for maps and ok-ish on bosses, nothing special.

"
JennoJoyce wrote:

I guess you can use my budget POB and import your gears, find out the damage.

That's the thing I was asking - I literally take out all your items but Lion's Roar and swap weapon for Tidebreaker and PoB STILL shows metric fuckton of damage. Where is that damage coming from?

Meanwhile with the identical tree but with 6 Ascendancy points I need to hit first Baran 10+ times with all the buffs to finally end him.
"
FedeS wrote:
I never said you compared anything. plz answer.

To be honest I don't know the answer because I never played max-block gladiator.

Again, the easiest way to find out is to go to a gladiator build and import their POB, find out their effective life pool and compare that number to ours. And if you could please share your finding with us because we are interested in the answer too.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
Hi I was wondering about why my damage isnt as good as some others are saying on here. They are able to 1-2 bosses where at even around t12 its taking me 10+ hits even with a 700+ pdps weapon. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong with my build. Ty.

Hi just checked your weapon, I think it is because you have the mod "20% of physical damage converted to chaos damage" and try checking on your hit rate percentage, since you don't have the "Hits Can't be evaded" mod and resolute technique is missing from your tree.

That is probably what's messing with your build.
"
Marrond wrote:
"
JennoJoyce wrote:

I guess you can use my budget POB and import your gears, find out the damage.

That's the thing I was asking - I literally take out all your items but Lion's Roar and swap weapon for Tidebreaker and PoB STILL shows metric fuckton of damage. Where is that damage coming from?

Meanwhile with the identical tree but with 6 Ascendancy points I need to hit first Baran 10+ times with all the buffs to finally end him.

I think the chances are you are using a different config, as I explained in the Q&A section, we use max combined damage as a damage metric. Therefore, in POB under "warcry calculation mode", change it to max Hit.

Also, please make sure you use the same config as I used in corresponding POB.

As a side note, I one-shotted the first Baron using the 30c gear setup, make sure you get all buffs (including all war cry, totems) before the hit.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
Build guide updated for a change of ascendancy points. Feel free to ask any questions.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Jan 18, 2021, 12:06:18 PM
"
JennoJoyce wrote:

As a side note, I one-shotted the first Baron using the 30c gear setup, make sure you get all buffs (including all war cry, totems) before the hit.

I don't even attempt hitting anything without all war cries active because damage isn't enough to deal with blue packs in yellow maps...

With Ancestral Warchief, 5L Tidebreaker (Combustion moved on Wave of Conviction), Seismic Cry, Intimidating Cry, Herald of Ash, Herald of Purity, 7 Endurance Charges, Ancestral Warchief Lion's Roar and Ngamahu buff up and my tooltip shows 100k dps and PoB with your settings show 570k boss dmg. Sure, I'm missing Uber Lab but it doesn't seem to buff damage to make THAT MUCH of a difference (by PoB numbers it would need to 5x my dmg to get anywhere near demolishing Baran).

Hence my question, what am I missing here because that's an awful lot of preparation to hit like a wet noodle - meanwhile my buddy with nothing but Soulwrest cyclones through maps and melt bosses by the time I can finish casting all my buffs... don't get me wrong I like the playstyle but when I'm required to press 3452345423 buttons and time the rotating buff I expect big dick damage.
Last edited by Marrond on Jan 18, 2021, 12:17:31 PM
"
Marrond wrote:
"
JennoJoyce wrote:

I don't even attempt hitting anything without all war cries active because damage isn't enough to deal with blue packs in yellow maps...

With Ancestral Warchief, 5L Tidebreaker (Combustion moved on Wave of Conviction), Seismic Cry, Intimidating Cry, Herald of Ash, Herald of Purity, 7 Endurance Charges, Ancestral Warchief Lion's Roar and Ngamahu buff up and my tooltip shows 100k dps and PoB with your settings show 570k boss dmg. Sure, I'm missing Uber Lab but it doesn't seem to buff damage to make THAT MUCH of a difference (by PoB numbers it would need to 5x my dmg to get anywhere near demolishing Baran).

Hence my question, what am I missing here because that's an awful lot of preparation to hit like a wet noodle - meanwhile my buddy with nothing but Soulwrest cyclones through maps and melt bosses by the time I can finish casting all my buffs... don't get me wrong I like the playstyle but when I'm required to press 3452345423 buttons and time the rotating buff I expect big dick damage.

I checked your gear from your profile, and noticed some big issues, here are them:

1. please spend like 7c and get a 6L tabula rasa, there's Huge difference between 5L and 6L (~30% damage difference)

2. You don't have good source of ignite. You can see from my gear that I have combustion on tectonic slam, combustion on totem, golem and purity too. Igniting the enemy from combustion can reduce their fire res and therefore increase the damage.

3. I saw you are using a leap slam, when you use it it will consume your warcry such that your actual slam may not get warcry effect. That's why we use flame dash.

4. I think you are using a previous version of my tree, please consider using my current version because it has more damage.

5. I also used some new mechanics to increase damage, which your build is missing, such as skitterbot for shock effect.

6. I don't see a CWDT setup, the wave of conviction should be linked with CWDT, and blood rage (which helps generate frenzy charge) is missing too

Overall, please first go to my 30c setup POB, and make its corresponding adjustment. Then take a look at my current gear and trees from my profile, my character level is close to yours. Your damage will be greatly improved after all changes.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Jan 18, 2021, 12:41:22 PM
Hi guys. I'm trying upgrade gloves and there literally 0 gloves with exertes attack deal inc dmg implicit. So maybe somebody knows GGG delete those gloves or what?
Hi I am loving this build, it is fun when you actually one hit the whole area.
However, I need help, it sometimes just doesnt clear the screen even though the mobs are just normal mobs. it takes two slams to kill.
I am hoping to have this following sequence for my build whiling mapping(let me know if this cant always be the case): Enter the map> Use the two warcries>walk till you collect the mob>once the mob is lured slam them once to kill them> move forward for next mob...(keep the warcries up all the time)
if this is supposed to happen, i am not sure why is it not happening with me. Sometimes my slam just misses the mob while i am just two step away from them or sometimes i need to hit them twice or even thrice.

Also, the skill tectonic slam has some gaps in its flame branches, is there any way to make our branch bigger to occupy those gaps? :D

Overall I think I am taking too much time for one map. Any tips for Fast mapping would be appreciated.

The warcry sequence is also something that i get confused about. I am mostly using warcries after two or three slams.

I am very much willing to push this to end game. I want to blow up those big guys :D.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info